FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi [2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1342638-complimentary-inflight-wi-fi-2012-a.html)

Texagg09 May 3, 2012 9:01 pm

As a person who uses Gogo twice a week (and pays for it) this kind of pisses me off. The service I pay for will now be even slower because everyone is using free passes. There is very limited bandwith

wesmanz May 3, 2012 11:02 pm

I never seem to get these type of offers. I've used GoGo on most every flight that it's been available, had the monthly pass on several occasions when travel was bunched together.

I even recently joined their "Elite Advisory Panel", not feeling the love, I think I'll be un-enrolling, no more free info from me :td:

--wes

mrbrioni May 3, 2012 11:34 pm

Why didn't I get this???:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've purchased the unlimited monthly on and off for last 6 months and am EXP!

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George May 4, 2012 6:01 am

I'd like to get the offer. I find gogo per flight pricey ($15.99 plus tax for DFW/LGA) but the monthly fee of $34.99 (IIRC) is not bad if you are flying at least once or twice a week. The problem is that a good deal of the AA fleet is still not equipped and even some of the MD80s and 737s are not so for now the monthly price is not worth it.

Of course, the other issue as pointed out is what I call the Megabus problem. Wifi if it becomes cheaper and readily available means all of sudden everyone is online and often streaming. Will there be enough bandwidth. Now with Megabus (popular here between NYC, Phil, Baltimore and DC) the wifi is free but 10 minutes into the trip becomes excessively slow because everyone is on and wants to stream or download movies or music.

siankaan1 May 4, 2012 6:19 am

Got it, 15 free, I almost always buy the one time pass. So this is worth $150 - $180 to me Thanks, AA! :)

jluxe May 4, 2012 7:46 am

I got the offer for 10 passes. I have purchased gogo once or twice in the past, was plat the last 2 years but fell to gold this year (Just 2 or 3 more flights to plat this year).

So Im not sure if the offer is related to your status.

Flying out of the midwest it seems like only half of my flights even have wifi. Oh well, I probably wont use the free gogo.

trekker954 May 4, 2012 7:58 am

All I've gotten the past couple a weeks is to sign up and pre order my onboard sandwich. ick. I would love a few passes for Gogo

Ltgfrk May 4, 2012 7:58 am

I didn’t get it but as a conciliation AA is giving me a chance to meet Michael Bublé. :eek:

dfwflyguy May 4, 2012 8:01 am

I didn't get one ...

siankaan1 May 4, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk (Post 18513234)
I didn’t get it but as a conciliation AA is giving me a chance to meet Michael Bublé. :eek:

Yeah, I've been meaning to google him. Who is he?

FightingIlliniUAL May 4, 2012 8:34 am

I got it, but for only 10 passes.

siankaan1 May 4, 2012 8:36 am

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL (Post 18513461)
I got it, but for only 10 passes.

This seems odd, all these different pass counts. 10, 15, 40...what's the logic with that?

dopey! May 4, 2012 4:07 pm

I got one for 40. Although it says one year, its limited to the 40 uses so it won't interrupt all you gogo subscribers too much.;)

pssteve May 4, 2012 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk (Post 18513234)

+1

aviatorzz May 4, 2012 5:20 pm

I am curious as to who is footing this bill. Over on the DL side of things, I've received free wifi sponsored by Coke and eBay. Nothing is ever free, including wifi. So I wonder where this money is coming from.

On a side note, I have not received an email from AA and currently have the monthly subscription. :td: