FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi [2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1342638-complimentary-inflight-wi-fi-2012-a.html)

mga911 May 3, 2012 6:26 pm

Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi [2012]

My boss got an email announcing Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi for a year! We're both executive platinum and I haven't received one yet. Anyone know anything about this?

Dear X,

We know that staying connected while you travel is important. That's why I am happy to offer you, one of our most valued customers, an exclusive gift of complimentary GogoŽ Internet access for one year.*

Whether you choose to catch up on news or email, surf the Internet, or make dinner reservations, your next year of Inflight Wi‑Fi access (up to 40 uses) is on us. We are making tremendous progress installing Wi‑Fi, and I am pleased to share with you that we will offer Wi‑Fi service on the vast majority of our domestic fleet by the end of this year.

To receive your complimentary Inflight Wi‑Fi passes, simply click on the button below and register by May 14, 2012. You will receive a confirmation email from Gogo by May 25, 2012, with instructions on how to activate your passes.

Pedro M May 3, 2012 6:27 pm

I wish I would get the same offer! Did it come from AA or Gogo?

SFO777 May 3, 2012 6:28 pm

I hope that this is only a limited targeted offer.

AA_EXP09 May 3, 2012 6:34 pm

Now I wonder what's going to happen to our connection speeds inflight :rolleyes:

mga911 May 3, 2012 6:36 pm

It came from AA. I'm worried about the wifi speed too.

ACfly May 3, 2012 6:40 pm

Hooray!! I got an invitation as well to free WiFi... with a link to GoGO..

Here's the details:

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. You must register for the promotion at https://XXX by 11:59pm CDT on May 14, 2012, to participate in this promotion. Offer includes forty (40) Inflight Wi-Fi passes valid for 12 months from the date of Gogo’s activation email, after which date any unused passes shall expire. The Gogo activation email will be sent to you by May 25, 2012. Each Inflight Wi-Fi pass is valid for one flight segment. Passes are subject to Gogo’s promotion code use policy located at http://www.gogoair.com/gogo/cms/promotionpolicy.do, Gogo’s terms of use and Gogo’s privacy policy, which are located on gogoair.com. Passes have no cash value and cannot be sold, redeemed for cash or assigned or transferred for value, in whole or in part, and are only valid for one-time use, and are valid for 12 months from the date of Gogo’s activation email.

Once registered for this promotion, the email address you provide will be sent to Gogo to establish a new Gogo account if the email address currently does not have a Gogo account. If the email does have a Gogo account, Gogo will provision forty (40) Inflight Wi-Fi passes to your account. Your further interactions with Gogo related to this promotion and otherwise will be subject to Gogo’s privacy policy and terms of use, which are located on gogoair.com. Gogo will only send you transactional emails related to this offer. You will not receive additional marketing emails from Gogo, and your email address will not be shared by Gogo with third parties unless you explicitly opt-in for such emails directly from Gogo.

Use of the Gogo service requires registration and is subject to Gogo’s terms of use and privacy policy available at gogoair.com/terms. This offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion and is solely for Gogo internet access and cannot be used towards the purchase of other goods or services offered by Gogo. The Gogo passes cannot be redeemed for cash or assigned or transferred for value, in whole or in part, and is only valid for the earlier of use on forty (40) Inflight Wi-Fi passes or 12 months from the date of Gogo’s activation email. Void where

Thank you for registering for your complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi gift from American Airlines. Look for an email from Gogo by May 25th with details to activate your passes.

EleanorMcDaniel May 3, 2012 6:45 pm

I got it too

I am a FORMER monthly go-go subscriber, maybe that is the ticket?

Grail May 3, 2012 6:47 pm

I just received the e-mail as well. Thanks Suzanne Rubin!

AA_EXP09 May 3, 2012 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by EleanorMcDaniel (Post 18510454)
I am a FORMER monthly go-go subscriber, maybe that is the ticket?

I have it on and off (if my travel is mainly transborder, on, if I mainly stay in Canada or fly TATL/TPAC then it's off)

Eye of Storm May 3, 2012 7:27 pm

I just received a similar message, except valid for 15 in-flight passes, and the message doesn't indicate a time frame for using them. I'm GLD.

vineyarder May 3, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm PLT and I got the offer (40 free sessions over the next 12 months); never subscribed to Gogo but buy individual passes about 50% of the time...

Upgraded! May 3, 2012 8:16 pm

I didn't get it but I haven't used Gogo since they stopped handing out free one day passes at the AC. However I did realize how to at least use part of Gogo for certain things for free under certain conditions (not talking about aa.com). Not posting it here for obvious reasons, but PM if curious.

lovely15 May 3, 2012 8:28 pm

I received the similar email for 15 passes, and haven't used Gogo since early 2010.

Too bad all my flying lately is American Eagle and trans-oceanic...

gamehendge2000 May 3, 2012 8:33 pm

I received this tonight. I am formerly exp, but essentially stopped flying AA since BOS<->everywhere got cut.

my offer was free wifi for up to 40 flights in 12 months. maybe their way of getting me back, but i'd rather fly direct without wifi (or paid wifi) than constantly stopping in ord or dfw, no matter where I am going

zux85 May 3, 2012 8:33 pm

I got it. Have only used gogo when it was free.

I'm Lifetime Gold and got the 40 pass email