FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi [2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1342638-complimentary-inflight-wi-fi-2012-a.html)

Consultette May 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by deecee52 (Post 18623667)
Haven't gotten an email with the pass information. Those of you that received it, what does it look like, and who does it come from. Just worried, it will get caught in my spam filter, which seems to eat more good mails than bad. :confused:

It looked like the usual AA e-mails. I only had until May 14th to opt-in, so my guess is it might be a little late to be keeping your eye out for one.

GadgetFreak May 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Consultette (Post 18624558)
It looked like the usual AA e-mails. I only had until May 14th to opt-in, so my guess is it might be a little late to be keeping your eye out for one.

Has anyone that opted in heard back from them yet?

zux85 May 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak (Post 18625250)
Has anyone that opted in heard back from them yet?

I opted in...have not heard back yet

Eye of Storm May 23, 2012 4:16 am

My Gogo email (updating my account with the free passes) arrived last night just before midnight.

GadgetFreak May 24, 2012 4:24 am

I received my info today. Nice news although most of my upcoming trips for the next few months are international or Amtrak (DC or Boston).

dopey! May 24, 2012 4:42 am

Received mine today at 3am! Thanks AA!

MileHigh May 24, 2012 10:53 am

I received three emails: first was a welcome and the 2nd and 3rd had usernames and temporary passwords neither of which matched the other.

Guess that's better than no emails....

GadgetFreak May 24, 2012 10:58 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by MileHigh
I received three emails: first was a welcome and the 2nd and 3rd had usernames and temporary passwords neither of which matched the other.

Guess that's better than no emails....

I already had an account do it just said log in as normal and the credit would be there.

Robt760 May 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Not complimentary, but there is a Memorial weekend discount for GoGo that they are offering:

MEMDAY195

Gives you $1.95 discount off of a day pass or single session.

bseller Jun 25, 2012 8:30 am

AA's Complimentary GoGo WiFi offer!

Nice going AA! Just recieved the following email from Ms. Rubin regarding WiFi passes.

I think the efforts being made to date to keep/upsell UA (or other) elites are remarkable. Kudos! ^

Dear bseller,

Staying connected while you travel is important, which is why I am delighted to offer you a gift of 15 complimentary Gogo® Internet passes* so that your time with us is as productive as possible.

Whether you choose to catch up on news or email, surf the Internet, or make dinner reservations, your next 15 Inflight Wi‑Fi passes are on us. We are making tremendous progress installing Wi‑Fi, and by the end of the summer we will offer Wi‑Fi service on the majority of our domestic fleet.

To receive your complimentary Inflight Wi‑Fi passes, simply click on the button below and register by July 9, 2012. You will receive a confirmation email from Gogo by July 18, 2012, with instructions on how to activate your passes.

If you're interested in more information about Inflight Wi‑Fi onboard American Airlines, please visit www.aa.com/wifi.

Plus, I hope that you have had the opportunity to enjoy the complimentary Admirals Club® passes that you should have recently received in the mail. These gifts are our way of showing you how much we appreciate your business.

We look forward to seeing you on your next American Airlines flight.

goingbananas Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am

Just got this as well. I haven't been using GoGo that much on my flights. Is this targeted based on usage or is everyone getting this?

nzpilot Jun 25, 2012 9:17 am

Believe this is a v targeted promotion. Here is some fine print from my email:

"This is an exclusive offer only for AAdvantage® members who receive this email directly from American Airlines....This email was sent to nzpilot because you have recently attained AAdvantage Executive Platinum status."

Don't believe it's based on usage as I've never logged into gogo.

BCS1K Jun 25, 2012 9:33 am

I received one. I was matched to EXP from UA1K last month.

fishferbrains Jun 25, 2012 9:38 am

This promotion is why I cancelled my GoGo monthly pass...

It's great that AA will recognize (some) of their elites with promotions, but after 5 years of EXP and 14 paying months of rarely available gogo wifi on my flights, this was the straw that ended it for me.

I wish that AA would make it a benefit (even deeply discounted) for EXPs - Period.

wesmanz Jun 26, 2012 5:19 pm

As if Gogo isn't slow enough......they give it away for free to more people that don't deserve it.....excellent.

--wes