FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Complimentary Inflight Wi-Fi [2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1342638-complimentary-inflight-wi-fi-2012-a.html)

panjabi May 8, 2012 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Deltican (Post 18536203)
Been with GOGO since 09.. been a monthly subscriber for years and given the amount of segments I fly, it seems to have been worth it for what I use it for..

but if it gets any slower on flights, I just may cancel the plan and start drinking on my flights.

What you need is a GoGo drinking game

1. Get drink (or 10) at Admirals Club before departure if you see the Wifi logo on your boarding pass
2. Get pre-departure drink in the plane if the plane TOO has the Wifi logo and go to Step 4
3. If no Wifi logo on plane, despite logo on your boarding pass, you are entitled to 5 drinks during the flight to drown your sorrows. Game ends
4. Get drink when plane reaches 10K feet and GoGo becomes active
5. Get another drink when CAPTCHA fails and you get the math question (Q: What is 6-2? Answer: More money than what AMR has)
6. Get another drink if GoGo drops your mobile device's wifi connection in like 2 minutes of activity
7. Get two drinks if you see "GoGo is currently unable to connect to ground" message
8. Get a drink when your plane go over the Ocean or into Canada and GoGo cuts out but you get NO refund from GoGo
9. Get final drink when your plane goes below 10K feet
10. Get a drink at the Admirals Club when you land, to help you get over the sadness of GoGo

terminator33 May 9, 2012 2:04 pm

I just found out that Gogo raised the price from $12.95 to $17.95 on AA's cross country flights. Not thrilled that others were apparently given 40 free passes while the rest of us are getting gouged with a price increase. I like the service but at this price I might just stop using it.

BrewerSEA May 9, 2012 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by terminator33 (Post 18544321)
I just found out that Gogo raised the price from $12.95 to $17.95 on AA's cross country flights. Not thrilled that others were apparently given 40 free passes while the rest of us are getting gouged with a price increase. I like the service but at this price I might just stop using it.

I knew that number looked wrong when I used some of the free services on my redeye last night...

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George May 9, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah I noticed last week DFW/LGA went from $9.95 to $15.95. I use it from time to time but try to get everything done in the AC before boarding. Now if I could stream on it would be another story. Also, if it was available on all a/c I would probably buy a monthly pass because it would be worth it.

IIRC Gogo has (or is trying to) buy bandwidth from B6. Maybe that would solve the slowness issue.

gmmandrade May 9, 2012 4:11 pm

Yes, I found out about the price increase last Sunday flying JFK-LAX. I've been using GOGO for 3+ years. I actually balked at paying this, and used the "feedback" function on the sign up page (which allows you to communicate and send messages to them withouth paying for the wifi) to let them know that I was specifically not going to be using the service because of the outrageous price.

Never got a response.

deecee52 May 9, 2012 5:06 pm

Has anyone gotten the actual coupons yet? I'm lifetime PLT, and have used gogo a few times with promotions. My SO EXP didn't get the offer :confused:

dopey! May 9, 2012 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by deecee52 (Post 18545483)
Has anyone gotten the actual coupons yet? I'm lifetime PLT, and have used gogo a few times with promotions. My SO EXP didn't get the offer :confused:

Still waiting on the email from GoGo for the link to sign up....

wesmanz May 9, 2012 6:03 pm

Woohooo?!???...Seems that in lieu of this offer they sent me an email today letting me save $10 off the unlimited monthly pass......gee thanks :rolleyes: :td:

--wes

terminator33 May 9, 2012 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 18544449)
Yeah I noticed last week DFW/LGA went from $9.95 to $15.95. I use it from time to time but try to get everything done in the AC before boarding. Now if I could stream on it would be another story. Also, if it was available on all a/c I would probably buy a monthly pass because it would be worth it.

IIRC Gogo has (or is trying to) buy bandwidth from B6. Maybe that would solve the slowness issue.

Looks like Gogo has found a quicker solution to the bandwidth problem. They've decided to price the service so high that nobody will use it. :mad:

lobo411 May 9, 2012 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by terminator33 (Post 18546178)
Looks like Gogo has found a quicker solution to the bandwidth problem. They've decided to price the service so high that nobody will use it. :mad:

Actually, since they added realtime flight trackers for free, I always use GoGo. I just never pay for it. :D

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin May 9, 2012 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by wesmanz (Post 18545755)
Woohooo?!???...Seems that in lieu of this offer they sent me an email today letting me save $10 off the unlimited monthly pass......gee thanks :rolleyes: :td:

--wes

Yeah. I got that offer, too. But then I found out that if you just go to the gogo page, everyone gets it! Woohoo! We're all special. :)

mstrg325 May 10, 2012 9:53 am

still waiting as well

Originally Posted by dopey! (Post 18545639)
Still waiting on the email from GoGo for the link to sign up....

I'm still waiting for my email from GOGO too....

stc May 10, 2012 10:38 am

Originally Posted by mstrg325 (Post 18549546)
I'm still waiting for my email from GOGO too....

IIRC, when I signed up, it said the link would be provided by about 5/25.

tonytifao May 10, 2012 12:13 pm

I was on DL two days ago, two separate flights and GOGO wasn't even working and it actually charged me

deecee52 May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Haven't gotten an email with the pass information. Those of you that received it, what does it look like, and who does it come from. Just worried, it will get caught in my spam filter, which seems to eat more good mails than bad. :confused: