Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Oak Brook, IL Costco rep just now verified the cards have been deleted from the system.

Would have been nice to combine a trip here with the Dumpling and Noodle DO in nearby Westmont tonight.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I wonder if someone representing an organization FT/MP, or pretending so, could make a deal with Costco HQ and get the remaining cards in their inventory at "discontinued" prices.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: all
No more cards at costco san mateo, ca
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by flyermatthew
South San Francisco (El Camino) is out. They did a stock check and told me that in the Bay Area, there were 24 at the downtown San Francisco location, and 12 at the South San Francisco (Airport Blvd) location. I didn't bother going on a treasure hunt, since I figured they would be gone by the time I could get there.
Originally Posted by gapilot
South San Francisco (South Airport Blvd.) -- got last five yesterday afternoon!
Any one know how many left in either one of these locations ?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I forgot to post this earlier, but all gone at the Arlington (Pentagon City) Costco as of last week.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Redwood City, CA stocked out

Originally Posted by MovingAverage
just came back from Redwood City, they had 300 in stock, I purchased 5 with my Fidelity Amex 2%. In retrospect, if I go back, I should upgrade my membership to executive first to get the extra 2%.
RWC stock is, as the last frames of arty movies often put it, Fin.

I was told a scattered few (1-5) cards remain at Mountain View, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara.

The end of an erAA.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:27 am

Shoot...I was going to drive out to Rancho Cucamonga today to pick up a few more, but it sounds like this is pretty much dead. I guess I'll try calling, on the "you never know" theory, but I don't want to burn a couple of gallons of gas for nothing.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wesmanz
Heading to Denver in ~3 weeks, any availability there?

--wes
I bought 10 at Denver/Arvada yesterday (August 11). I didn't ask how many they had left, but the display still had lots of the cardboard display cards left.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
I bought 10 at Denver/Arvada yesterday (August 11). I didn't ask how many they had left, but the display still had lots of the cardboard display cards left.
... and as repeatedly stated the number of cards on display means nothing. You take one to the cashier and ask for as many as you like. And you don't even need the display cards if you have the stocking number.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Oak Brook, IL Costco rep just now verified the cards have been deleted from the system.

Would have been nice to combine a trip here with the Dumpling and Noodle DO in nearby Westmont tonight.
Katy's Dumpling House is the bomb!!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Glenview il has none. When asked Costco staff said AA terminated the program with them and had them return all unused gift cards. AA would not allow sales of the remaining inventory at least at this store. Visited the store today
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Was in Waltham, MA today and did not see the cards on the display, so I assume they're out.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
... and as repeatedly stated the number of cards on display means nothing. You take one to the cashier and ask for as many as you like. And you don't even need the display cards if you have the stocking number.
Yep, we'll see, I'll be there on the 21st to see what the area has left. I'll report back when i have an idea of what's on hand.

--wes
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
You snooze, you lose.

Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
Denver/Arvada gone and the state is now cleaned out.
Park Meadows was 0 on Wednesday but the clerk told me Arvada had 51. Figured I could wait until Sunday. Bad call.
Drove up 1st thing today and got the "sorry, we're sold out".
They sold 8 on Thursday, 2 on Friday and the remaining 41 yesterday.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
20+ in Gaithersburg, MD

Costco in Gaithersburg, MD had 20+ today. (It's a zoo there with clothes being tax-free this week in MD.) I snagged two for an upcoming trip on AS, paying with a Skypesos AMEX. For me, it works out to be a better deal than getting the AA miles / points earned by buying non-discounted tix on-line with a Citi AA Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.