Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Chgo2AD
Can I ask which store specifically? I called the Naperville store on Monday and was told that they were sold out in all of Illinois. I'd love to get my hands on some more before they are gone. Thx!
I think they are all gone. I am out of town, but when I called earlier, other Costcos kept telling me that Oak Brook has 3 left, but Oak Brook denied that. Good luck.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aktchi
I think they are all gone. I am out of town, but when I called earlier, other Costcos kept telling me that Oak Brook has 3 left, but Oak Brook denied that. Good luck.
Bummer. I called Oak Brook on Monday as well and was also told that they had 0 left. Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Well, there were still about 22 left in Bolingbrook when I went there on Saturday. This same store had about 75 two weeks before that, so I assumed they were drawing down very slowly. Maybe someone cleaned them out on Sunday then?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Just called the Tustin II store (always had a good supply) and gave them the item #. They checked inventory for all LA/OC warehouses and all locations are completely out.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by trojanman
Just called the Tustin II store (always had a good supply) and gave them the item #. They checked inventory for all LA/OC warehouses and all locations are completely out.
I'm still wondering whether the supply would have lasted another six months if not for this thread leading to panic buying by FTers.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by NiceLanding
I'm still wondering whether the supply would have lasted another six months if not for this thread leading to panic buying by FTers.
You make a very good point. However, my son was able to get me two this afternoon at the Rancho Cordova (Sacramento) store. The manager at the Cal Expo (Sacramento) store said he had 10 but that he couldn't sell them "because the promotion is over." Go figure! I understand there some are still available at San Francisco (city) locations.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by maltasr
You make a very good point. However, my son was able to get me two this afternoon at the Rancho Cordova (Sacramento) store. The manager at the Cal Expo (Sacramento) store said he had 10 but that he couldn't sell them "because the promotion is over." Go figure! I understand there some are still available at San Francisco (city) locations.
Didn't see them yesterday afternoon, then again didn't look too hard, and they have been shuffling the display around and reducing its size. I already have my hoarded stash for next year
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Didn't see them yesterday afternoon, then again didn't look too hard, and they have been shuffling the display around and reducing its size. I already have my hoarded stash for next year
If you've been reading this thread long, you should know don't waste your time looking for a display! There is no correlation with the number of cards on display (if any) to what is in stock. Either ask Membership Services or a cashier (even in the auto dept if you don't like lines) and give them the stock number. Shopping at Costco is almost always a safari. Good thing they can't move the freezers!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If you've been reading this thread long, you should know don't waste your time looking for a display! There is no correlation with the number of cards on display (if any) to what is in stock. Either ask Membership Services or a cashier (even in the auto dept if you don't like lines) and give them the stock number. Shopping at Costco is almost always a safari. Good thing they can't move the freezers!
They did at my local Costco

They are bigger now

But a treasure hunt indeed- now that AA is going aawaay wonder what travel discount we'll find next...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
I concur but have found the most expeditious route is by going directly to someone in management and letting him/her check their inventory by computer.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
South San Francisco (El Camino) is out. They did a stock check and told me that in the Bay Area, there were 24 at the downtown San Francisco location, and 12 at the South San Francisco (Airport Blvd) location. I didn't bother going on a treasure hunt, since I figured they would be gone by the time I could get there.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by RogerD408
No doubt - not what I meant though. What I meant is that they seemed to be shifting the display and reducing its size with the stock dwindling, of course no real correlation anyway, and easier to go up front and ask for the cards directly. But a few weeks ago (early June) the display was front and center at 10th & Harrison, and it's been moving around with the reducing stock, presumably since they knew they weren't going to restock, and didn't need any help pushing this, having other stuff they wanted in prominent display positions.

This is common to most stuff they sell there, and I'll tell ya, even if they don't move the freezers, they move their contents often enough, the Grana Padano is never in the same cold section from one month to another. Unfortunately most of what I buy at Costco I have to hunt for, gift cards are a helpful exception to this. They never move the booze around though

Originally Posted by flyermatthew
South San Francisco (El Camino) is out. They did a stock check and told me that in the Bay Area, there were 24 at the downtown San Francisco location, and 12 at the South San Francisco (Airport Blvd) location. I didn't bother going on a treasure hunt, since I figured they would be gone by the time I could get there.
I'd run up here, they've been at under a hundred for a couple of weeks at least, based on reports on the thread, I think you have a very good chance of nabbing a few of the last ones.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
SF SOMA is out.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
None at Costco Puerto Rico

Nothing there this past weekend, the one in Carolina.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation Do not post GC requests or offers to purchase here!

Note: DO NOT post your offer to dispose of or acquire other's excess / surplus etc. gift cards here, as they are not allowed by FT TOS / Rules and will be deleted summarily.

JDiver, for the AA Moderator Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.