Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Billy910
From the image above I wonder if they are going to make the home screen look more like the other travel sites like orbitz, expedia, etc where a user can book packages as well as just flights.
You're spot on.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by OWdevotee
Many of the changes are cosmetic, and those that are functional are unlikely to light a fire on this board.
I hope I will be able to pick my own booking class/fare basis as DL has had for years. Getting tired of booking/hold and having to call AA to change and than AA to ticket as AA.COM wants to change what I have to ??????, that it will not tell you to what, until after it is purchased.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I've learned to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Two UI features that the site used to have, now lost: 1-click access to "My Reservations", and a "Remember me" checkbox that remembered to stay checked. I'd be happy if they bring those back and don't break anything else.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:09 pm

As with most things AA does, it will be done half asssed
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by 777lover
As with most things AA does, it will be done half asssed
Spoken like a true aficionado.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:38 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
By the way, the email mentions an iPad app. Sure enough, AA released an iPad HD app on Tuesday, so there are two separate apps for the IOS platform. It looks like a big version of the iPhone app.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by rjw242
I for one wholeheartedly denounce the new AA.com and its unwieldy, all-style-and-no-substance design.

Just getting a head start
As with any re-design, expert users won't be able to find what they're looking for in a timely manner....
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by brp
You're the nouveau EXP. Those of us who have been EXP for longer are clearly more valuable to AA

Cheers.
Cool,

I recieved my email at 4:18 central time. So in order of value to AA, where do I stand?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
As with any re-design, expert users won't be able to find what they're looking for in a timely manner....
Well, if they've finally figured out how to keep the "Remember my AAdvantage Number on this computer for my next visit" box checked, it'll all be worth it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has golden gate bridge in the background so maybe more flights at SFO?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:10 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
Cool,

I recieved my email at 4:18 central time. So in order of value to AA, where do I stand?
Since I got mine at 4:15 central time, you're clearly less important than me, despite your 3.9 mm and a' that.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Since I got mine at 4:15 central time, you're clearly less important than me, despite your 3.9 mm and a' that.
Indeed!

Cheers
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Because you are an AAdvantage Gold® member, we want you to be the first to hear the exciting news we will announce on Monday — the new look of AA.com. Next week, when you log on to AA.com, you will see your suggestions reflected in a major redesign that makes your favorite AA.com features more intuitive, smarter and easier to navigate.
I'm a lowly gold, and i they sent it to me.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:51 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by Becky2010
I'm a lowly gold, and i they sent it to me.
too bad, i was hoping it was just for exp's.....i guess i have to rew learn where to kick all over!...
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Shoot. Mine came in at 4:16. I guess I am not as important as I thought I was in my own eyes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.