Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus + NH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Question for those who have been following NH and their waivers.

I have a booking YVR - HND for early September and wondered if there is any insight into when I may be able to expect to see the current waiver for refunds for departures up to August 31 extended into September? Realise this may be like looking in a crystal ball but thank you for any thoughts!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:28 am

NH/JAL boarding and transit in HND

Hi,
First time posting in this thread, not very familiar with NH travel rules. Would NH allow us to travel / check through luggage in the following itinerary? 1. SYD-HND (NH) / 2. HND-HEL (JAL). 2 separate tickets (4h layover in HND). We are aware MOFA does not allow entry into Japan to non-citizens and non-residents at the moment. Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
First time posting in this thread, not very familiar with NH travel rules. Would NH allow us to travel / check through luggage in the following itinerary? 1. SYD-HND (NH) / 2. HND-HEL (JAL). 2 separate tickets (4h layover in HND). We are aware MOFA does not allow entry into Japan to non-citizens and non-residents at the moment. Thanks.
In practical terms, probably yes. Though it is not a stated policy. So it will depend on the good will of the agent checking you in.

If you call NH to confirm they will very likely say no, as there is no rule saying yes.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:02 pm

Ok, thanks! At the risk of being told no, we would prefer to send a message first so as to get a response in writing. Bit too risky to get turned away at SYD at the time of checking in. Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Ok, thanks! At the risk of being told no, we would prefer to send a message first so as to get a response in writing. Bit too risky to get turned away at SYD at the time of checking in. Thanks.
They may be more helpful under the current circumstances. And I would not chance it either if it was me.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: Alaska

There is SYD-HND(NH) 8 hours+ layover, HND-FRA(LH) this Saturday, July 4th with more than 2 J. Just need find a *A program to be able to book it.

I can see it on A3.

There are also awards on SYD-SIN-EUROPE on SQ for more than 1 person.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:16 am

Thanks, just trying to get the most direct flight!
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:57 pm

As the travel waiver has now been extended to September 30, my booking is eligible for a full refund. Do I do this through the My Booking function?

When I go to Cancel it tells me I will only get the portion that is refundable back and a large portion is non-refundable so wanted to make sure I cancel correctly for the refund. The process isn't very clear.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Basi1
As the travel waiver has now been extended to September 30, my booking is eligible for a full refund. Do I do this through the My Booking function?

When I go to Cancel it tells me I will only get the portion that is refundable back and a large portion is non-refundable so wanted to make sure I cancel correctly for the refund. The process isn't very clear.
To answer my own question, the Reservations page was updated today to show a full refund. Just had to wait!
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Could someone comment on the current service levels in Y and J on board NH? Can I expect meals as usual? How about alcohol? Any other peculiarities?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Nobody any flight experience during past few months? I can't find anything on other channels either about NH service levels..
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:46 pm

Still 5 weeks away from my next flight.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Nobody any flight experience during past few months? I can't find anything on other channels either about NH service levels..
Here's a trip report about NH in J I wrote in late June.

Sydney to Stockholm with *A during Covid-19 (NH/LH J)
Old Aug 8, 2020, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by sydunipete
Here's a trip report about NH in J I wrote in late June.

Sydney to Stockholm with *A during Covid-19 (NH/LH J)
Many thanks, good stuff! Glad you survived coughing man
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA
Just flew NH from/to US West coast to SE Asia via NRT. The seats are largely empty, so much so that it's pretty easy to lay down 4 across middle seats. Hot meals are still served in Economy.
NRT is pretty empty on the international side. However, a couple of ANA lounges are open, and that really helps.
Really appreciate NH for keeping the flights and lounges going with so few passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.