Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus + NH

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There are no airside hotels in Narita.

I would expect that to make the connection impossible. But I don't have hard evidence to back that . Though normally overnight connections require you to go landside, and landside is not possible under the current conditions unless you hold a Japanese passport, and await the result of a Corona test coming from Hong Kong.
Thanks for the quick response. I agree with your educated guess...I told them to call the ANA office in HK to see if they can get an "official" answer but suspect it will be the same.

Oh well...CX it is for them. Best to make it as easy as possible these days.
Old May 6, 2020, 6:47 am

Any insight into ANA's June schedule/flights? I have an award ticket between JFK and HND in June. Doing a few quick searches it appears that the scheduled flights between JFK and HND are all cancelled for May but all on for June. When might ANA adjust their June schedule, especially between North America and Japan given the current travel bans?
Old May 6, 2020, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Burj
Any insight into ANA's June schedule/flights? I have an award ticket between JFK and HND in June. Doing a few quick searches it appears that the scheduled flights between JFK and HND are all cancelled for May but all on for June. When might ANA adjust their June schedule, especially between North America and Japan given the current travel bans?
Within a week I'd say. It is normally sort of mid month that they announce for the next.
Burj and Stgermainparis like this.
Old May 9, 2020, 9:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Refunds and change fee waivers extended to June 30th

We are extending refunds and change fee waivers to June 30th. If you purchased your tickets from ANA, no need to call. We are proactively reaching out to customers whose departure date is on or before June 30th, to issue refunds or reschedule without change fee. Please click below for more details: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/topics/notice200123/
Old May 9, 2020, 9:55 am

Finally! Booking for June cancelled. Hoping the refund comes quick.
Old May 9, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Refunds and change fee waivers extended to June 30th
I'm very happy about this. We have award tix USA-YYZ on 6/30 that was moved to 7/1 in the last few days, putting us in YYZ AFTER our YYZ-HND flight departs. We also have PEK in our itinerary, though in July. Of course, their phone CS is off on the weekend so I can't get closure on this until Monday. Knowing I'll get the 500k points back with extended expiration is very comforting.

Update: The menu on call states hours of operation (and mentions M-F) but then seems to stop without giving options to talk to someone. So I figured Saturday was just closed. But then I randomly pressed 1 and got an agent. She canceled my rez and is requesting point redeposit and tax refund. Said it will take a week to get receipt of cancelation and maybe more time for tax refund. Also, since this was an involuntary flight change, the points will be "new" when redeposited so will have 3 years til expiration. While I'd have loved to move those points back to Amex MR (where they were transferred from originally), I am grateful to have them back at all. Not sure when I'll find 5x J awards USA-TYO again, but three years to plan!

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 9, 2020 at 10:47 am
Old May 9, 2020, 6:56 pm

New topic related to a recent one on whether international transfers within the same Japanese airport are allowed (they are!):

Does anyone know if Japan's COVID-19 regulations allow international transfers between two airports in the same Japanese city for non-Japanese citizens?

For example, arriving in HND and departing from NRT within reasonable time (or vice-versa)? Both flights are on ANA and on the same ticket.

I understand this means entering Japan proper (clearning immigration and customs), which at present is prohibited for most non-Japanese citizens.

But since ANA is inexplicably operating flights to different parts of the world from/to both NRT and HND now, some international connections are dicey. For instance, I want to get from YYZ to SIN, but ANA's Europe/Canada-Japan flights stop in HND, while Japan-Southeast Asia flights depart from NRT. US-Japan flights stop in NRT, but Canada-US flights are unpredictable, or else the connection times are terrible.

I'm tweeting ANA about this but it's like pulling teeth to get a clear answer.
Old May 9, 2020, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Backward
New topic related to a recent one on whether international transfers within the same Japanese airport are allowed (they are!):

Does anyone know if Japan's COVID-19 regulations allow international transfers between two airports in the same Japanese city for non-Japanese citizens?

For example, arriving in HND and departing from NRT within reasonable time (or vice-versa)? Both flights are on ANA and on the same ticket.

I understand this means entering Japan proper (clearning immigration and customs), which at present is prohibited for most non-Japanese citizens.

But since ANA is inexplicably operating flights to different parts of the world from/to both NRT and HND now, some international connections are dicey. For instance, I want to get from YYZ to SIN, but ANA's Europe/Canada-Japan flights stop in HND, while Japan-Southeast Asia flights depart from NRT. US-Japan flights stop in NRT, but Canada-US flights are unpredictable, or else the connection times are terrible.

I'm tweeting ANA about this but it's like pulling teeth to get a clear answer.
Going between Narita and Haneda or vice versa requires you to enter Japan, with all of the restrictions that are currently in place. There is a clause for making exceptions, though there are no specific examples given for what an exception could be. So I doubt moving from airport to airport is one.

The limitation is not on passport, but where you have been in the 14 days prior to wanting to entering Japan. Having been to 70 or so countries would restrict you from doing so. Interestingly, despite Mexico now being in a worse situation than some of these 70 when they were added, Mexico has not been added yet.

Japanese citizens having been to one of these 70 countries needs to await the result of a Covid-19 test upon arrival at the airport, and I would expect the same to apply to any exception cases, so the transit time would need to be a. It longer than normal, should an exception be applied. Which I still don't think it would.
Old May 11, 2020, 9:41 pm

Is anyone heading to Japan in June? I have a flight but given the situation in Tokyo I guess it's time to cancel.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pesos
Is anyone heading to Japan in June? I have a flight but given the situation in Tokyo I guess it's time to cancel.
I live in Tokyo. The situation in Tokyo is not worse than so many other places, but I still doubt June will be a great time to go. The current state of emergency runs until May 31st. I don't believe it will be extended, but let's see. But it certainly does not mean that the city will be back to normal just at once. Also, the entry restrictions for non Japanese citizens are not tied to the state of emergency declaration, and it is quite a separate topic of when that will be relaxed. I would not count on June if it was me.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:08 pm

That's what we've been hearing (used to live in Ebisu). Been waiting over a year for this trip and just have a few key things to eat and pick up from in-laws, but may just have to delay.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
ANA lounges

WIth the current Pandemic, what ANA International lounges are open at NRT and HND?
Old May 12, 2020, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Soundman76
WIth the current Pandemic, what ANA International lounges are open at NRT and HND?
In Haneda, only the Suite Lounge by gate 110 is open, all customers with lounge access can use this lounge
In Narita only the Suite Lounge in the 50ies satellite is open, all customers with lounge access can use this lounge.

For domestic flights the ANA Lounge by gate 60 in Haneda, the ANA Lounges in Sapporo Shinchitose, Osaka Itami, and Naha are open.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Just thought I’d update. My points were redeposited within about 4 days and the taxes/fees refunded to cc in same time. They were great!
Old May 14, 2020, 9:11 am
MMU

My June departure flight has been cancelled. The return is in August. Is it possible to keep the return flight open? Will they cancel half of the trip only? A separate one-way return for the exact same itinerary costs 3x as much as my original round-trip fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.