Coronavirus + NH

Old Apr 23, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
NRT still alllows transfers INT to INT.
Ok good to know, thanks. With TPE still closed, and SIN + Mainland China, really restricted my options.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Ok good to know, thanks. With TPE still closed, and SIN + Mainland China, really restricted my options.
TPE isn't still closed, they extended it. So, more closed?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:20 am

NRT still alllows transfers INT to INT.
Is there a possibility of overnight layover? Or is that not allowed? Quite difficult to get a connection nowadays.
If there is an allowance of an overnight layover, how many hours can one wait? Is there a limit for the bag connection?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
TPE isn't still closed, they extended it. So, more closed?
TPE is closed to transfers is what I meant, sorry.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Is there a possibility of overnight layover? Or is that not allowed? Quite difficult to get a connection nowadays.
If there is an allowance of an overnight layover, how many hours can one wait? Is there a limit for the bag connection?
I would assume not, as Narita normally shuts down for the night, and force everyone to leave the terminal, i.e. need to enter the country. I have not seen that they have made an exception to this for people who can't enter the country.

But that is a case you'd need to check. Assuming these days is not that easy.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:37 am

I would assume not, as Narita normally shuts down for the night, and force everyone to leave the terminal, i.e. need to enter the country. I have not seen that they have made an exception to this for people who can't enter the country.

But that is a case you'd need to check. Assuming these days is not that easy.
I know they close the outside of security area, but inside?
Speaking to someone else he was saying the government/officials wouldn't force you to leave the post-security terminal. And seeing what the government has done recently it does seem like that would be correct?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I know they close the outside of security area, but inside?
Speaking to someone else he was saying the government/officials wouldn't force you to leave the post-security terminal. And seeing what the government has done recently it does seem like that would be correct?
In normal days, they would clear the terminals overnight. I know people who have been sent back landside when their plane was delayed, and ultimately caught in the curfew. I have not seen any indication that this has changed, though I don't know. Hence I assume no, but it is certainly one to check up on since assuming on standard conditions is far from certain these days.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:29 pm

In normal days, they would clear the terminals overnight. I know people who have been sent back landside when their plane was delayed, and ultimately caught in the curfew. I have not seen any indication that this has changed, though I don't know. Hence I assume no, but it is certainly one to check up on since assuming on standard conditions is far from certain these days.
I don't think I'd do it, just thinking of ways to get around Asia nowadays with all the flights being cut.
But I actually wouldn't ask before, because (unless I'm off here) it seems the government doesn't actually have much enforcement power. Like the guy who had coronavirus and was going to spread it to the world? He went to karaoke and gave it to other people and the police said they couldn't do anything.
Oh yeah, and I've asked for things in Japan before that are non-standard. The answer is always no, except they don't use that word. Even though sometimes it can be yes.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
How long does it usually take for a refund to be processed?
Can anyone share their experience?
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yann
Thanks in advance.
After I cancelled my flights online, about 3-4 days later I received an Refund email from ANA. It took about another 5-7 days for it to hit my Credit Card (Canadian).
Pleasantly surprised at how seemless and swift compared to other flights I am waiting for a refund (LH)
Old Apr 25, 2020, 10:04 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sorry if this has already been answered (If it is I cant find it). I have 3 ANA award tickets on LX TK UA ET this summer from the USA to South Africa. They depart on June 30 and return on July 14. Is this able to be refunded (miles and tax/fees) and if so how do I go about the refund. Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by yann
Thanks in advance.
I triggered the refund request online on March 17, got an email from ANA confirming reservation cancellation on April 1 and got my money back in my credit card on April 3 so 2.5-ish weeks total.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by doc4science
Sorry if this has already been answered (If it is I cant find it). I have 3 ANA award tickets on LX TK UA ET this summer from the USA to South Africa. They depart on June 30 and return on July 14. Is this able to be refunded (miles and tax/fees) and if so how do I go about the refund. Thanks!
I have a similar issue and also looking for answers. ANA award on a different airline 6/30. If you cancel now, you would pay/lose 3k points on the redeposit and get back paid taxes. But if you wait and ANA extends the waiver (or maybe other airline does) then you’d prob get it all back. Some of my points in the award would’ve expired so I’m waiting it out. Not sure which waivers we should be paying attention to: ANA or others (like your LX and UA).
Old May 2, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Seeing if anyone has any update on the status of NRT transfers that DO require an overnight (thus having to enter the country). I.e., my in-laws would go HKG-NRT-SFO, but have to overnight at NRT due to flight timing.

Are there any airside hotels? I found this option - https://www.apo-resthouse.com/english/ - but I'm assuming you still have to enter the country to be able to access (even if on NRT grounds).

Thanks for any advise.
Old May 2, 2020, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Seeing if anyone has any update on the status of NRT transfers that DO require an overnight (thus having to enter the country). I.e., my in-laws would go HKG-NRT-SFO, but have to overnight at NRT due to flight timing.

Are there any airside hotels? I found this option - https://www.apo-resthouse.com/english/ - but I'm assuming you still have to enter the country to be able to access (even if on NRT grounds).

Thanks for any advise.
There are no airside hotels in Narita.

I would expect that to make the connection impossible. But I don't have hard evidence to back that . Though normally overnight connections require you to go landside, and landside is not possible under the current conditions unless you hold a Japanese passport, and await the result of a Corona test coming from Hong Kong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.