Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dkc192
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration
JA784A
JA785A
JA787A
JA788A
JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A

Current routes with new product:

All frequencies:
  • HND-LHR-HND NH211/212
  • HND-JFK-HND NH110/109/160/159

Select/most frequencies--see latest posts for more details as the schedule can vary by month:
  • NRT-SFO-NRT NH8/7
  • HND-ORD-HND NH112/111
  • NRT-ORD-NRT NH12/11
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K

It seems like new 77W has been delivered (JA795A), and at HND.
By looking at the pictures of the bird, it seems like the window layout is different from the other 77Ws NH currently operates.
I believe there are 5 more 77Ws to be delivered with 2 currently stored at Victorville.

Is there any news in Japan regarding new seats on 77Ws?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kkjay77
It seems like new 77W has been delivered (JA795A), and at HND.
By looking at the pictures of the bird, it seems like the window layout is different from the other 77Ws NH currently operates.
I believe there are 5 more 77Ws to be delivered with 2 currently stored at Victorville.

Is there any news in Japan regarding new seats on 77Ws?
Do you have more details on what the difference in window configuration is?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

New 77W has only 9 windows between door 1 and 2.
https://images.app.goo.gl/fFdedFcttTyaNy279

Older 77Ws definitely have different window configuration.
https://images.app.goo.gl/5wTbWRPCt44zcAMz8
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The new picture is 6 months old. No announcement of any significant seat changes. Though it is is expected that the 77W eventually will start getting the same seats as the A380 in F.

But li don't think i would pay much attention to the change.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:02 pm

ANA's new Boeing 777 first class, business class

The first of 12 refurbished Boeing 777-300ERs will take wing on August 2 flying HND-LHR (NH211/NH212), with all-new first class suites (dubbed The Suite) and business class suites (dubbed The Room). And yes, these are business class suites, with a sliding privacy door.

First class

Business class

Also new: a business class config which sees half the seats facing forward (those in even-numbered rows) while the other half face backwards (those in odd-numbered rows).

More at https://www.ausbt.com.au/new-ana-boe...business-class

Last edited by djsflynn; Jul 11, 2019 at 4:17 am
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The new picture is 6 months old. No announcement of any significant seat changes. Though it is is expected that the 77W eventually will start getting the same seats as the A380 in F.

But li don't think i would pay much attention to the change.
Yeah, it's not like NH is putting something similar to new EK or SQ Suite, so I'd put little attention as well, but still curious why they haven't announced anything yet especially after one of those frames have been delivered.

The first picture is actually of JA793A which, for some reason, is stored in the US for the past 5 or 6 months along with JA794A. I got lazy and didn't try hard enough for the
from June 25th.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably they have not announced anything, as there is nothing beyond a slight change in the window configuration to announce.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Well, it looks like ANA is introducing the Qsuite on these planes.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The business class seats does not look very comfortable in my opinion. Hope it is not a flip forward seat like SQ.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
Well, it looks like ANA is introducing the Qsuite on these planes.
Difficult to say until it has been experienced in real life, but it looks far from the Q Suite. Looking at the seat cushion, it seems more like a flip forward seat like SQ than a reclining seat like the Q Suite.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:40 am

The other pictures in AusBT make it look a lot like the Qsuites configuration. I wonder how Qatar gave up the rights to their exclusive product??
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Official press release w/ promo video.
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201907/20190711.html
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The video almost certainly confirms my suspicion, the business class seat does not recline down, but fold forward to form the bed. A massive downgrade of the J cabin. To loose the ability to recline to a comfortable lounge position.
Visconti likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:17 am

The video almost certainly confirms my suspicion, the business class seat does not recline down, but fold forward to form the bed. A massive downgrade of the J cabin. To loose the ability to recline to a comfortable lounge position.
Right, I mostly prefer to recline, rather than having to lay flat.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: ANA: SFC / Marriott: Platinum Elite / Hilton: Diamond
It's the same trade-off that SQ business has had for years, although they did improve the amount of recline available in newer refurbishments. Some people enjoy the extra elbow room as opposed to the straight up-and-down coffin configuration. I think the real make-or-break for the seat will be the foot cubby size and how much, if any, recline is available in the seat mode.
Unionruler likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.