Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dkc192
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration
JA784A
JA785A
JA787A
JA788A
JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A

Current routes with new product:

All frequencies:
  • HND-LHR-HND NH211/212
  • HND-JFK-HND NH110/109/160/159

Select/most frequencies--see latest posts for more details as the schedule can vary by month:
  • NRT-SFO-NRT NH8/7
  • HND-ORD-HND NH112/111
  • NRT-ORD-NRT NH12/11
Print Wikipost

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
I actually think the Business seat looks more like the Qatar Q Suites with the reclining function because the table ledge beside the screen will prevent the backrest of the seat from being pulled down entirely. Though I might be wrong on that. Furthermore why have the seats face front and back if it was not for the similar design as the Q Suites?

On the other hand the new First is probably going to make ANA First very nice indeed since the major drawback of flying on their F is the blocked windows.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Torode
It's the same trade-off that SQ business has had for years, although they did improve the amount of recline available in newer refurbishments. Some people enjoy the extra elbow room as opposed to the straight up-and-down coffin configuration. I think the real make-or-break for the seat will be the foot cubby size and how much, if any, recline is available in the seat mode.
Yes, I second that it's very hard to not see this as a vote validating SQ's judgment. Japanese are practical and any question to do with space usage would have been rigorously debated. QSuites are widely regarded as superior, but one has to acknowledge minority concerns about seat width too. In that context ANA's product looks industry leading.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: A3*G
Is there any information on further rollout except that it will be used on the LHR-TYO route? I am flying FRA-HND-LAX in F coming Feb and it would be nice to be on the upgraded interior.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Probably not an issue for most people on here but looks like NH is going 3-4-3 in Y
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Hope they get the retrofit done quickly as I want to enjoy the new first on my New York - Tokyo flights next March/April

Last edited by blitzen; Jul 11, 2019 at 8:35 am
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by quirrow
I actually think the Business seat looks more like the Qatar Q Suites with the reclining function because the table ledge beside the screen will prevent the backrest of the seat from being pulled down entirely. Though I might be wrong on that. Furthermore why have the seats face front and back if it was not for the similar design as the Q Suites?

On the other hand the new First is probably going to make ANA First very nice indeed since the major drawback of flying on their F is the blocked windows.
Agree with this point. Small leg rest would have to slide forwards significantly to fit against cubby hole which to me suggests this is not flip down. Having said that there is a little pull tab on the headrest... If this seat reclines flat then I would consider it the best on the market now.

Agree new F looks fantastic.

Business seat appears to be Safran Fusio as one of the posters on AuBT pointed out. Link here but doesn’t explain whether it is flip down or not.

Last edited by pogonation; Jul 11, 2019 at 7:25 am
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:44 am

43" TV? WOW. I certainly hope they improve their movie selections..
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
LOL, just watched the video and noticed that most of the economy passengers are children so the seats won't look so small. Y pax are getting shafted with this new layout as it appears NH is going 10-abreast fleet-wide. And there is no improvement to the PY seats, which are still inferior to the JL PY seat introduced several years ago.

Also, in the video, the left side of the J cabin is missing a whole bunch of windows. What's up with that? That's kind of crappy that so many J pax will have missing windows. The footwell also looks cramped. But the retracting divider in the middle pairs, which makes it possible to interact with a seatmate, is a nice improvement over the previous seat.

But overall, I don't see this as a big improvement.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
43" TV? WOW. I certainly hope they improve their movie selections..
why not try some Japanese movies or programs on a Japanese airline?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:18 am

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei...300er_new.html

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/internat...7_300er_1.html

Looks like seat reclines into a flat bed? (Two pics show the head pillow positions, looks consistent to be a reclining flat bed)

https://www.ana.co.jp/cont-image/com...lang-multi.jpg

Y is 3-4-3/2-4-3... PE is 2-4-2. Y/PE is same product as new 787-10 , which was really nice

UA does 3-4-3 across entire Y, I guess NH is slightly better

Last edited by paperwastage; Jul 11, 2019 at 9:27 am
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH
Is there any information on further rollout except that it will be used on the LHR-TYO route? I am flying FRA-HND-LAX in F coming Feb and it would be nice to be on the upgraded interior.
Ditto. Does anyone know if they've hinted at a rollout schedule for the other routes?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Wow, I'm thrilled that we'll be getting the new F suite prior to the 777-X. I only wish it would be in service on NH1 in time for my flight in August.

The new J seat also looks pretty great. I spent quite a while wondering what Zodiac was going to do with their "Fusio" seat nobody seemed to be buying. Now it looks like someone has.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
That J class product looks amazing. Hopefully they don't suffer the "rocking" issues that AA connected seats do as they appear to be linked back to back which are also Zodiac seats.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:38 pm

From the pictures and video, it looks like the J seats and compartments are wider than the F ones? And that some of the F width is given over to storage compartments. Not that I'd give take J over F Curious though.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
Looks like seat reclines into a flat bed? (Two pics show the head pillow positions, looks consistent to be a reclining flat bed)

+1 It sure looks that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.