Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dkc192
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration
JA784A
JA785A
JA787A
JA788A
JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A

Current routes with new product:

All frequencies:
  • HND-LHR-HND NH211/212
  • HND-JFK-HND NH110/109/160/159

Select/most frequencies--see latest posts for more details as the schedule can vary by month:
  • NRT-SFO-NRT NH8/7
  • HND-ORD-HND NH112/111
  • NRT-ORD-NRT NH12/11
Print Wikipost

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by lesamuel
Does anyone know if ANA has plans to retrofit the entire 77W fleet with the Suite / the Room?

Only asking because I booked HND-SFO for next April (T-355...) and it is showing the staggered config. Having just flown the Room back from NRT yesterday, I'd very much hope the answer to the above is yes

Kicking myself a little bit because I could have booked F but was short 30k AV LM.
No one knows but general consensus is no. The 777x delay has obviously played a part though, including a surprise 10th craft being retrofitted not long ago - so nothing is impossibleÖ
Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:33 pm

Does anyone know if ANA has plans to retrofit the entire 77W fleet with the Suite / the Room?
If One Mile at a Time is to believed, the answer is no.

Unfortunately ANA doesnít have any concrete plans to reconfigure the remaining 777-300ERs in the near future, so donít expect this productís footprint to grow much for the time being. ANA is expected to eventually take delivery of new 777-9s, which will likely feature this product (or something even better), though thatís still several years down the road.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Dang. Well, here's to hoping for a last minute equip swap. Or I'll do what I did this year / on the trip I just got back from - book AV at T-355 and rebook on VS once availability opens up at T-14 or T-7 on whichever frequency has the Room. Yeah, the $200 cancellation fee is a bit of a waste, but it's worth it for peace of mind to book the rest of the trip more than 2 weeks before departure lol.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:44 am

Programs: UA*G

Only asking because I booked HND-SFO for next April (T-355...) and it is showing the staggered config. Having just flown the Room back from NRT yesterday, I'd very much hope the answer to the above is yes

Kicking myself a little bit because I could have booked F but was short 30k AV LM.
ANA ordered 12 shipsets for the 77W back in 2019. So, if plans are still the same, there should be 2 additional aircraft getting the retrofit. However, the retrofits have only occurred when the 77Ws are flown to XMN for scheduled C-checks. Just based on how these have been scheduled in the past, I wouldn't expect the retrofits to happen before next year, if ever.

With that said, ANA could fly The Suite/The Room on HND-SFO more frequently next April, although that route appears less likely to get the new config compared to ORD and NRT-SFO just because of aircraft rotations.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:04 pm

First post but have been following along for a bit. Just booked NRT-ORD (NH12) for next April in business. From everything I can tell it isn't The Room. Am I correct in reading that with the exception of the JFK route nothing is really sold as The Room in advance because of equipment changes? I've looked for flights out of LAX, SFO, ORD all for next year and can't find a single day The Room is an option (not talking awards availability, looking cash booking to see and don't see it ever show up).

So on the non-JFK routes does one just book business and either ends up staying in legacy or equipment gets assigned closer to the date and you get The Room?

Of course wanted to go with The Room but had to grab award availability when we could (more difficult when looking for two business seats headed back to Chicago though that seems to be a bit of the norm lately). So I'm not complaining because we were able to get the award flight but just curious.

Last edited by AndrewRnR; Apr 21, 2024 at 7:13 pm
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewRnR
First post but have been following along for a bit. Just booked NRT-ORD (NH12) for next April in business. From everything I can tell it isn't The Room. Am I correct in reading that with the exception of the JFK route nothing is really sold as The Room in advance because of equipment changes? I've looked for flights out of LAX, SFO, ORD all for next year and can't find a single day The Room is an option (not talking awards availability, looking cash booking to see and don't see it ever show up).

So on the non-JFK routes does one just book business and either ends up staying in legacy or equipment gets assigned closer to the date and you get The Room?

Of course wanted to go with The Room but had to grab award availability when we could (more difficult when looking for two business seats headed back to Chicago though that seems to be a bit of the norm lately). So I'm not complaining because we were able to get the award flight but just curious.
go select your seat on the NH site and it will show you exactly what seat type you have.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:28 pm

Yeah it's the legacy product. But based on posts here it seems Chicago somewhat regularly gets The Room (at least this year). Looking everyday April 1-10th next year it doesn't appear The Room is even an option. So is that just the case of them not sure of what equipment yet or is Chicago losing The Room?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewRnR
Yeah it's the legacy product. But based on posts here it seems Chicago somewhat regularly gets The Room (at least this year). Looking everyday April 1-10th next year it doesn't appear The Room is even an option. So is that just the case of them not sure of what equipment yet or is Chicago losing The Room?
it will be a good while before a season that far in the future is loaded into the system, so itís wait and see for nowÖ keep an eye on developments as the year progresses
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Current SFO routes are NRT only?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Current SFO routes are NRT only?
For now, yes. Just checked and NH7/8 gets the new config for a majority of days until 10/31.

Side note:SFO to HND NH107 is new config on Saturdays only up until May 31st and reverts back to old config after that. Who knows if NH107/108 will get equipment swapped in the future...
lowkeyflyer likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 7:51 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mattamatix
For now, yes. Just checked and NH7/8 gets the new config for a majority of days until 10/31.

Side note:SFO to HND NH107 is new config on Saturdays only up until May 31st and reverts back to old config after that. Who knows if NH107/108 will get equipment swapped in the future...
This is very useful to know, thanks.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:40 am

My May 8 HND-ORD flight is in the old config. May 7 and 9 both show The Room so it’s not a permanent change. Did I just get unlucky and they’re running the old config on this day for some reason?
Old May 2, 2024, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by t325
My May 8 HND-ORD flight is in the old config. May 7 and 9 both show The Room so itís not a permanent change. Did I just get unlucky and theyíre running the old config on this day for some reason?
yes you did. They run a staggered schedule for ORD to HND and NRT. If you scroll up, you can see the days of the week they are running the new setup. Swaps can still happen last second though.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 7:54 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to ANA. I need to fly to Tokyo from SFO in Feb 2025 and would like to try "the room" or "the suite." I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is ANA still using this hard product on SFO > HND and SFO > NRT in Feb '25? I checked the seat maps on the dates I'm interested in. Flight 77W is the 777-300ER, but all of the flights I checked have 21 rows of J. From what I understand, that means they don't have "the room"/"the suite." Is that right?
  2. How difficult is it to book award seats in J or F on these routes?
Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2024, 8:00 am

1) 77w isn't a flight, it's a Boeing aircraft designation that means 777-300er. All ANA INTL flights with F are on the 77w (except for HNL flights on the a380, special case)
2) very difficult, especially now that you missed the award opening window by months

No one knows if sfo flights will have the retrofitted craft so far in the future.
switters likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.