Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dkc192
List of Tail Numbers with the new configuration
JA784A
JA785A
JA787A
JA788A
JA793A
JA794A
JA795A
JA796A
JA797A
JA798A

Current routes with new product:

All frequencies:
  • HND-LHR-HND NH211/212
  • HND-JFK-HND NH110/109/160/159

Select/most frequencies--see latest posts for more details as the schedule can vary by month:
  • NRT-SFO-NRT NH8/7
  • HND-ORD-HND NH112/111
  • NRT-ORD-NRT NH12/11
Print Wikipost

New 777-300ER (77W) F/C/PY/Y Seating (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Interesting, did not know that. Did the newer 2-4-3 also come with shell seating, or the newer reclining model?

I have seen 3-4-3 on Frankfurt and London as well. Not sure if they were subbed.
I think shell as well but have never flown on the newest 77Ws so will let someone else confirm. The 3-4-3 77Ws (JA778A - JA783A) usually stay on NRT-SFO/LAX/IAH but they show up on IAD and ORD pretty often as well. Would be surprised to see them on FRA and LHR since those are 68J routes but the 3-4-3 planes are 52J so must have been a last-minute sub.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:26 pm

Ana actually provides a lot of info online (though I'm not sure if any have been refurbished with new seats/layout after being in service)

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/internat...7_300er_1.html
​​​​​​
shows 264 and new 212 is 3-3-3
​​​​​​
250 and old 212 is 2-4-3

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei.../guide/y/seat/

Shows 264 is recliner, 250 and old 212 is shell, new 212 is slim recliner
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by seanmh
Ditto. Does anyone know if they've hinted at a rollout schedule for the other routes?
They've not, the only route info has been HND-LHR starting every second day and then toggling to daily.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
SFO-NRT in F in late November for me. Also not optimistic since the flight is shorter than those from the east coast. Hopefully we get an idea of the rollout plan soon.
Nice, my wife and I are doing SFO-NRT in late November as well and I'd love a giant 43" 4k tv for the ride!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
SFO-NRT in F in late November for me. Also not optimistic since the flight is shorter than those from the east coast. Hopefully we get an idea of the rollout plan soon.
Originally Posted by Kchao1213
Will be flying F IAH-NRT-IAH in late May 2020...any wild guesses whether the updated cabin will be rolled out to that route by then?
Originally Posted by arjaok
Nice, my wife and I are doing SFO-NRT in late November as well and I'd love a giant 43" 4k tv for the ride!
Since this will be a 64 J 212 seat configuration, look for the routes currently operated by the 68J 212 seat configuration for a decent indicator of what route goes first.
Granen likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:30 pm

Dang, seems like the only US routes with this configuration are JFK-HND and NRT-JFK.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Kchao1213
Dang, seems like the only US routes with this configuration are JFK-HND and NRT-JFK.
maybe my next years JFK-HND and NRT-JFK will have the new first

but why was the airplane referred to as 64j and 212 Y as the JFK-Tokyo flight has me 8 F too
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by blitzen

maybe my next years JFK-HND and NRT-JFK will have the new first

but why was the airplane referred to as 64j and 212 Y as the JFK-Tokyo flight has me 8 F too
Because they all have 8F. If we referred to the 8F version of the 77W it would be remarkably tricky to know which specific configuration we were referring to.

And PS not 212 Y, 212 total seat count.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Because they all have 8F. If we referred to the 8F version of the 77W it would be remarkably tricky to know which specific configuration we were referring to.

And PS not 212 Y, 212 total seat count.
thanks for clearing that up for me ( and raising my hopes for the new F)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:17 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Do u have more info on this rule? Interested to know why
Earlier ETOPS rules required a period of time for each plane to prove that its engines were reliable before being ETOPS certified.

There have been many instances if the ETOPS rules being relaxed.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Since this will be a 64 J 212 seat configuration, look for the routes currently operated by the 68J 212 seat configuration for a decent indicator of what route goes first.
Another indicator would be the routes with Hibiki 21, LHR, FRA and JFK.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by roberto99
Earlier ETOPS rules required a period of time for each plane to prove that its engines were reliable before being ETOPS certified.

So then A380 doesn’t apply in ETOPS case because its 4 engine aircraft?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by kkjay77

So then A380 doesn’t apply in ETOPS case because its 4 engine aircraft?
ETOPS stands for Extended TWIN-engine Operations.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by roberto99

Thanks for the ETOPS connection. I think I found it (link):
PROPOSED NEW PART 135 APPENDIX H

B. CERTIFICATE HOLDER EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO CONDUCTING ETOPS

Safety is enhanced when, prior to conducting ETOPS, a certificate holder gains operational experience in the type of airplane capable of ETOPS, and with the operational environment typically encountered on longer range flights (up to 180 minutes) in areas where airports available for an enroute diversion are limited. Typically, this involves prior operational experience on overwater flights to international areas of operation in accordance with part 135.Operators requesting authority to operate ETOPS would have to show operating experience on international routes with a transport category turbine powered airplane. For this particular case, experience with international operations does not include operations from the 48 contiguous States to Canada and Mexico. This experience can only be obtained on extended flight operations that involve oceanic crossings.

A minimum 12 months operating experience is required. The proposal allows for up to 6 months credit toward the 12-month requirement for those operators that were certificated under part 135 or part 121 prior to the effective date of this rule. Additionally, for operators with previous ETOPS experience with other airplane types may have that experience credited in whole, or in part to the 12 month experience requirement.
So it only applies to aircraft types that are new to the carrier, not individual aircraft. The conversation covered deliveries of a type already present in the fleet, as well as the introduction of a new type so I must've misunderstood the application of the rule.
It does explain why ANA's A380 did not have to adhere to it and it also explains why BA is avoiding the US with its A350s so far. VS otoh do get to fly their shiny new A350 to JFK, though. So who knows!
In any case, I was wrong to bring it up in the context of this thread because it clearly doesn't apply to the 77W for ANA.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:03 pm

Btw,the J seat should be the zodiac/safran fusio

https://skift.com/2015/04/15/the-sea...rst-class/amp/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.