Print Wikipost

ANA RTW Award Booking Reports/Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Unionruler
1. On SIN-KUL, SQ regularly allows standby for MH-issued tickets
2. On SIN-KUL, SQ doesn't even bother to touch the ticket or ask that you get it reissued, they just give you a boarding pass for the earlier flight
That’s really interesting. I didn’t know this.

I know this happens in Japan all the time - NH will mark tickets as flown even if you no show because the domestic reservation system is disconnected from the international one, which is why they can easily rebook you onto another flight without touching the original ticket. But I didn’t know this happened elsewhere in the Star network. Good info.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:16 pm

Starting to plan for our first ANA RTW tickets sometime next couple of years. Would this be a valid routing?

IAH-LIM (open jaw)
GRU-JNB (stop)
JNB-NBO (stop)
NBO-CAI (stop)
CAI-ADD-SEZ (open jaw)
BOM-CMB-SIN-MNL-TPE-AKL (stop)
AKL-IAH

Looks like the NZ flight from AKL-IAH and SA flight from GRU-JNB are difficult to find. Any tips and tricks on how to find availability for those?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by jskang07
Starting to plan for our first ANA RTW tickets sometime next couple of years. Would this be a valid routing?

IAH-LIM (open jaw)
GRU-JNB (stop)
JNB-NBO (stop)
NBO-CAI (stop)
CAI-ADD-SEZ (open jaw)
BOM-CMB-SIN-MNL-TPE-AKL (stop)
AKL-IAH

Looks like the NZ flight from AKL-IAH and SA flight from GRU-JNB are difficult to find. Any tips and tricks on how to find availability for those?
this won't work since it has more than 12 segments.

Last edited by teaspoon8; Jul 29, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Back to the drawing board it is. Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: UA Plat
Booked my RTW ticket for June 2020:

SFO -> SEA -> TPE: UA to SEA (Economy), EVA to TPE
DPS -> IST -> NAP: Turkish
VCE -> VIE -> CDG: Austrian
ORY -> LIS -> SFO: Tap Portugal

While waiting for the last flight to be available to book, the SFO -> TPE direct flight was booked up and I had to settle for 1 stop in SEA.
Total YQ and YR fees were around $700 according to ITA. ANA charged me $650 + $25 booking fee
United only showed 1 seat left from SEA -> TPE, but ANA showed 2 seats. I was able to get 2 tickets confirmed on for that flight.
I used flight connections to search for star alliance routes between destinations.
At first I used expert flyer pro to search for flight availability. Out of aeroplane, united, expert flyer and ana, I actually preferred ana's website as it was the fastest loading time to search and switch dates/cities.
When I called in the first time, the office that calculates the taxes and fees were closed. They would hold the ticket for me for 24 hours. They called me back the next day and collected my payment to issue the ticket.

Flights are not my perfect flight. I would have preferred a direct flight from SFO -> TPE and CDG -> SFO. If those flights do pop up and all legs still have availability, I would pay the change fee to switch to those flights.
I was able to use the ANA confirmation number to see my reservation in United and EVA website to select seats (I am united gold so I was able to choose economy plus for UA).
john c wisconsin and Vyvd like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA
Need help with fuel SC

First time booking a RTW and have used every tool I can find to calc taxes/fees and still cant figure out why its coming to $1200. Rep said $900 was fuel surcharges adn $300 from airport taxes. Any idea who is hitting me the most? I know where most of them are but I calc about $400 less
MXP-WAW -DEL LO ($230)
KTM-BKK-HKT - THAI ($40)
HKT-PEK-HND-YVR - AC & ANA (this i cant find exactly but seems ~150)
CUN-BOG AV
BOG-LIM AV
LIM-GRU-AV
GRU-LIS- TAP
LIS-MXP TAP ($90)

145000 ANA miles and ~1200
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
Book1.xlsx (288.7 KB, 20 views)
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by bodhi377
First time booking a RTW and have used every tool I can find to calc taxes/fees and still cant figure out why its coming to $1200. Rep said $900 was fuel surcharges adn $300 from airport taxes. Any idea who is hitting me the most? I know where most of them are but I calc about $400 less
MXP-WAW -DEL LO ($230)
KTM-BKK-HKT - THAI ($40)
HKT-PEK-HND-YVR - AC & ANA (this i cant find exactly but seems ~150)
CUN-BOG AV
BOG-LIM AV
LIM-GRU-AV
GRU-LIS- TAP
LIS-MXP TAP ($90)

145000 ANA miles and ~1200
Most of the balance should be from TP GRU-LIS and AC HND-YVR. Re the former, since your ticket is issued with non-Brazil POS (likely Japan POS and Japan award availability), you need to foot YR/YQ for that segment too.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AA
thank you

I solved it. I added EZE in between LIM and GRU and found a flight from BKK-PVG-YVR on air canada

Taxes went from $1200 down to $470

I was really shocked how far it dropped by removing ANA from the equation and avoiding japan alltogether
Tokyoite and john c wisconsin like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:29 pm

Days out can book star alliance

I have a seen a list like this before but this one seems pretty complete. I can not tell you I have verified any of these listed but I thought someone might be able to use this info if they are trying to snag something at the max days out. John

Ultimate Guide to Award Release Dates
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:28 am

So we have our RTW trip booked, but what is a good way to keep track of the flights? In the ANA app I can pull up the itinerary, but if there are any changes it won't update (it is just the original as booked). Am I missing something in the ANA app?

I tried using the record locator with other airlines (none of the flights are actually on ANA) but I haven't found one that will add it in a phone app yet. None of the flights are on United so I can't add it to that app.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:26 am

Is there a list of fuel surcharge somewhere for the *A partner airlines? I tried using ITA matrix, and due to having AC on the itinerary, I can't tell which airlines make up the YQ and by how much, since in ITA matrix, AC YQ still shows up. Drew from Travel Is Free for a time has a listing of YQ but I think that's not accurate anymore. I tried pricing the segment one by one using ANA website but stil the RTW result does not compute.

What I tried to price:
ORD-YYZ-FRA (AC)
FRA-WAW-ICN-NRT (LH, LO, OZ)
HND-ITM (NH)
KIX-ICN-SEA (OZ)

The taxes and other charges are almost $800 per tix. I also tried replacing FRA-WAW-ICN-NRT with FRA-PEK-NRT (AC, NH), and the charges come down to $670 per tix. I am trying to get it to sub $500. The agent told me that it was OZ that has high YQ. Is that true?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:16 am

This is the only list I have seen. It was accurate a Summer of 2018 when booking my trip to within a few dollars. John

Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:26 pm

Hi,

I am in early stages of planning an ANA RTW redemption.
Would the following routing be permitted?

IAD-HND Stop
HND-HAN Stop, Overland
SGN-TPE Stop
TPE-CDG Stop, Overland
AMS-IAD

I am not sure whether any of this (e.g. the SGN-TPE leg or leaving from AMS) would be considered backtracking under the ANA rules.

Thank you very much!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:11 am

Those backtracking areas are within the same IATA tariff conference areas (Travel Industry Basics.: IATA Tariff Conference (Area))

Originally posted by user Wasabi Tofu , According to ANA booking rules the backtracking is OK if it is within a tariff conference. https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe...d/tk/zone.html

Several that have booked here on the RTW have had backtracking within the conference (area). Hope that helps.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi Guys,
need some help regarding ANA RTW ticket. I read on one of the blogs that if you are booking RTW tickets for others, you need to create ANA account for each of the traveler and transfer ANA miles to those accounts.

For example, I am planning on booking a ANA RTW tickets for my parents. so based on the blog, I would have to create an ANA account for both my mom and dad and then likely have authorized user card for my amex card so i can transfer ANA points to their individual accounts. thats what the blog suggested.

I still got on the phone with ANA (routed to award desk in Japan as I called late). The lady said that before I book ticket for my parents, I would just need to add them as "Award users" and then I can book tickets for them. I did go ahead and add them as Award users (under Family Usage > Award User Registration). I know the ANA agent told me that, but before I transfer 290,000 Amex points to my ANA account (which is irreversible), i wanted to get your opinions

I am sure a lot of you have booked ANA RTW tickets for others, and some of you got those ANA miles by transferring amex points. Can i transfer points to just my account and book ticket for my parents.

Hoping for an answer soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.