Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Some 77Ws to get 3-4-3 layout in Y (rumor confirmed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some 77Ws to get 3-4-3 layout in Y (rumor confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by JALPak
Then how did NH get 5 Star when it still has angle flat business class seat on long-haul flights?
I guess they count angle-flat as lie-flat. Malaysia doesn't have any fully flat biz seats at all, IIRC, and they made 5 stars.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
Then how did NH get 5 Star when it still has angle flat business class seat on long-haul flights?
"We do not require an airline to have 100 per cent seat type consistency at time of 5-Star Certification, but Skytrax do need to see a formal commitment and schedule that as an airline adds new aircraft or retrofits existing aircraft, these 5-Star seat products will be provided."
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:36 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 1353513636
"We do not require an airline to have 100 per cent seat type consistency at time of 5-Star Certification, but Skytrax do need to see a formal commitment and schedule that as an airline adds new aircraft or retrofits existing aircraft, these 5-Star seat products will be provided."
So HND-YVR will get lie-flat seats in the near future or NH will lose the 5*?

Anyway if NH really going to put 3-4-3 in international 77Ws, they are really going at a different direction than its main competitors.

The green seats on SKY's new Airbus will be so much better (assuming they put those on the A380 as well) and so are JAL SKYWIDERs.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:27 pm

3-4-3 is confirmed

http://www.ana.co.jp/int/inflight/se...r_1/index.html

Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Looks like I picked the right year to switch to JAL? :-D
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:44 pm

Location: NYC (formative years spent wandering around ORD, hence the name)
Programs: NO STATUS WHATSOEVER!
Any idea of when these will go into service? I'm flying LAX-NRT-JFK (NH5/1010) in mid-April.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:57 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by joejones
Looks like I picked the right year to switch to JAL? :-D
Same here! Though as DIA I have hope I'll be sitting in PY if I have to book a Y ticket on one of these things...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by O'Hare Terminal 4
Any idea of when these will go into service? I'm flying LAX-NRT-JFK (NH5/1010) in mid-April.
Now there is only one(JA783A) retrofitted 3-4-3 in Y.

now it flew these route like CDG,ORD,JFK or PVG.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:26 pm

NH8 (NRT - SFO) and NH11 (ORD - NRT) are still showing 77W as 2 - 4 - 3 for July... Hope this remains the case!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by O'Hare Terminal 4
I think there were 6 non-staggered 77W left, that are supposed to be converted this year. If they do this conversion to all of them, that's a 1/3 of the fleet with narrow seats. I wouldn't have thought they'd go to JFK (am flight) or LHR as they use a version with more business staggered seats. But anything else is possible. Hopefully, they will just pick the routes that have higher Y demand and stick them on those routes. Then people know in advance, rather than dynastically subbing them in at a late time frame depending on sales - but I fear that will be the best cost cutting tactic which seems to be the direction ANA is heading.

On the bright side, it does mean no slidey seats and fewer old-config ANA business class routes.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:44 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by sinohara
Now there is only one(JA783A) retrofitted 3-4-3 in Y.

now it flew these route like CDG,ORD,JFK or PVG.
There will be a shift of aircraft to HND in a few weeks, so until then no one really knows on which routes the 3-4-3 config will be utilized.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
There will be a shift of aircraft to HND in a few weeks, so until then no one really knows on which routes the 3-4-3 config will be utilized.
If I have to guess, it will be HND flights especially those to Germany which NH has monopoly!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Too bad about this direction that they are going in ! At least they didn't get rid of lavs and galleys like AC did on their high density 77w ! 11 lavs for 262 pax on NH, 10 lavs for 450+ on AC !

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Mar 18, 2014 at 7:53 am
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Too bad about this direction that they are going in ! At least they didn't get rid of lavs and galleys like AC did on their high density 77w ! 11 lavs for 262 pax on NH, 10 lavs for 450+ on AC !
But are there still ladies only lav?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:47 am

Can't be true ... 5* ANA to go 10-abreast in 773ER

Uh ohh. The people crushing AC on their configuration choices might have to dig a little deeper when comparing them to the world's best airlines

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ross-b777-club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.