Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
So what does everyone think about the uproar on the 737 Max and now further potential issues on other 737's ?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:28 pm

AS500 couldn't land at IND in a thunderstorm, so we started to divert to CVG, which was also stormy, and now we're in Louisville (LOU?). On the intercom it was announced that we'll be getting bused to IND, so another exciting 3h trip in a different metal container!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
AS500 couldn't land at IND in a thunderstorm, so we started to divert to CVG, which was also stormy, and now we're in Louisville (LOU?). On the intercom it was announced that we'll be getting bused to IND, so another exciting 3h trip in a different metal container!
That'd be SDF
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Was this AS' inaugural flight to SDF?

Glad you made it in safe. Imagine it was a bit bumpy
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was this AS' inaugural flight to SDF?

Glad you made it in safe. Imagine it was a bit bumpy
B, keep your day job !!!!!!!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DrAlex
That'd be SDF
LOU is Bowman Field — good-size general aviation facility on the east side of the city ... there was a fair amount of “big iron” there when we were visiting friends over Derby weekend (but nothing compared to Standiford)
DrAlex likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:06 pm

It was SDF. We landed, and after ~20min they got us to a gate. The pilot and crew were timing out, so the replacement crew drove down from IND. They weren't able to unload baggage, but since I only had carry-ons, I got myself a rental car and drove to my destination. Got there at like 9:30PM, which was a good call, because FlightAware says the SDF-IND hop didn't land until 12:03AM (!), and my gf's house is still a ~30min drive from IND itself.

The pilot announced that they would reimburse rental cars, food, etc., but he didn't specify where/how to do so. I have all of my receipts: do I email them somewhere or is there an online process?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
The pilot announced that they would reimburse rental cars, food, etc., but he didn't specify where/how to do so. I have all of my receipts: do I email them somewhere or is there an online process?
You can do it 2 1/2 ways. Call Customer Care 800-654-5669.

https://www.alaskaair.com/feedback/general-comments
Fill out the Feedback form. You'll get an auto response with the tracking number. Reply to that and include your receipts. Make sure the tracking number is in the subject line and it will get grouped together

Email [email protected] directly with your details and the receipts. Essentially the same as above.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K / HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
So what does everyone think about the uproar on the 737 Max and now further potential issues on other 737's ?

The "other issue" are just run of the mill aircraft stuff. These types of alerts and technical bulletins happen all the time. Its nothing.

MAX will get flying again soon and I won't hesitate to board one, provided the deep dive into MCAS systems is handled well and pilots are more informed about procedures.
jinglish and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by rayfound
The "other issue" are just run of the mill aircraft stuff. These types of alerts and technical bulletins happen all the time. Its nothing.
concur

Originally Posted by rayfound
MAX will get flying again soon and I won't hesitate to board one, provided the deep dive into MCAS systems is handled well and pilots are more informed about procedures.
you would be in the minority in the 300+ posts in the “737 MAX-8 Safety Concerns” thread
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS2488 SEA-BZN — selected “free inflight texting” on Gogo; as I was looking at flights on the Alaska app, my phone buzzed for an incoming email ... lo and behold, FT is available as well
DrAlex likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by jrl767
AS2488 SEA-BZN — selected “free inflight texting” on Gogo; as I was looking at flights on the Alaska app, my phone buzzed for an incoming email ... lo and behold, FT is available as well
GoGo has always been a little leaky for me. Just text service but background app refreshes continue. FT is also good on low bandwidth connection...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Sitting in an Aloft in Long Island City, and realized the entire breakfast area was AS cabin crew. Seems interesting they are put up in Long Island City for flights out of JFK. Unless the delays/cancellations forced them that far out. Then again a few months ago the Hilton midtown had a whole bus load of AS cabin crew as well, seems like a very scattered area to put the crew on layovers.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, CX MPCS
Random thought - does anyone else prefer the trail mix served in AM flights versus the salted dark chocolate pretzels on PM flights?
I mean the trail mix offered to premium, not the for purchase ones.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:33 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by jrl767
I too almost always get toast notifications. I think these all come from an Apple server which is whitelisted by default.

Being able to load FT tho...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.