Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
The sick thing is, I have a coworker who does this all the time. He is such a schmoozer and gets him and his family upgraded all the time--with no elite status and at no charge.

I don't have a huge problem with it as long as elites are taken care of first, but I do just have to at the gall of some people.

Are you serious?
/
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan,KE Morning Calm+ (ST E+),SPG Gold
At seattle BR, no soup, flight got moved to N7 from C11, loving all the AS and QX tails in front of me
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bakedpatato
At seattle BR, no soup, flight got moved to N7 from C11, loving all the AS and QX tails in front of me
The soup will show up at 5PM if you're still there.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Anyone know if ORD tries to enforce AA's carry-on policies when flying AS? Reading the AA forum they enfore it with the bag sizers and they are smaller than AS carry on size limits. Also the AS gate uses the AA security lane so it seems it may be unavoidable.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
Anyone know if ORD tries to enforce AA's carry-on policies when flying AS? Reading the AA forum they enfore it with the bag sizers and they are smaller than AS carry on size limits. Also the AS gate uses the AA security lane so it seems it may be unavoidable.
Everything is connected airside at ORD, so you can pick and choose any security lane you like. I've taken my 22" rollaboard through ORD a couple of times flying AS and never had anyone take even a second glance at it.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by CDKing
You are connecting in ORD- right? Can you find a nice airside 'storage' place for it... say an AAdirals Club or Skyclub

Last edited by beckoa; Aug 22, 2010 at 9:33 pm
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Who'se ready for some cabbage!?

First thunder I've heard all summer in ANC tonight
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa

Who'se ready for some cabbage!?

First thunder I've heard all summer in ANC tonight
Thunder hasn't hit the airport yet, but I did hear from a coworker whose SO is on the Eastside. Apparently, there was a full rainbow here, too. We NEVER get thunder or rainbows!
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Let me know when i should fly last minute to ANC .... i want to be on one of those flights where AS lands first time around, but the rest have to make a couple attempts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Thunder hasn't hit the airport yet, but I did hear from a coworker whose SO is on the Eastside. Apparently, there was a full rainbow here, too. We NEVER get thunder or rainbows!
Jeez... the one boom scared me a bit... right overhead. Didn't see any lightning though
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by maokh
Let me know when i should fly last minute to ANC .... i want to be on one of those flights where AS lands first time around, but the rest have to make a couple attempts
There was some interesting wind-shear in the winter... caused a bunch of flights to divert to FAI...
Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa

You are connecting in ORD- right? Can you find a nice airside 'storage' place for it... say an AAdirals Club or Skyclub
Layover from 12:20 - 6:20. Hopefully AA wont' force me to check my bag in at BOS. I removed my FT tag, left FF# blank from AA ticket and will make sure I display my crew tags prominently. Hopefully they will see that and not make me put it in a sizer. I'm on AA 737-800 so the bag should fit fine.

I'm not sure if i feel comfortable leaving my bag in a place where anyone would take it. I shouldnt have too much of a problem wheeling it through the city. I'll probably only have enough time to see it for an hour becasue of the transportaton time and needing to get back to the AA club in time for a shower. Its supposed to be in teh 80's and sunny so i'm not too worried about delays
Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:10 pm

2C and 3D Blocked?

This discussion, IMO, is not worthy of its own thread.

I have noticed, commonly on transcons, that AS blocks seats 2C and 3D and I wonder why? For last minute customers who would walk up and purchase full F fare on the day of departure or is the seat held for assignment at the airport?

I am trying to get myself and a companion in 2A and 2C, but we can't because 2C is blocked [not occupied] and 2D is booked.

I am not complaining, we got 3D and 3F so we are good, but just wondering...
Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by golfingboy
This discussion, IMO, is not worthy of its own thread.

I have noticed, commonly on transcons, that AS blocks seats 2C and 3D and I wonder why? For last minute customers who would walk up and purchase full F fare on the day of departure or is the seat held for assignment at the airport?

I am trying to get myself and a companion in 2A and 2C, but we can't because 2C is blocked [not occupied] and 2D is booked.

I am not complaining, we got 3D and 3F so we are good, but just wondering...
2C is a potential FAM seat, but no one from AS is allowed to tell you that. I've seen it open, selected it, and then it bounces out and assigns me another seat.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
2C is a potential FAM seat, but no one from AS is allowed to tell you that. I've seen it open, selected it, and then it bounces out and assigns me another seat.
When do they decide to finally assume that an FAM won't be on that flight and allow an F passenger to book that seat... What if all 14 seats are booked, will they stop selling F seats until day of departure or will they "oversell" the F cabin by 2 seats and assign them at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.