Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+) Have a hurricane for me
It took me about 20 seconds to "get" this. One too many Hurricanes I guess - very funny indeed.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
It took me about 20 seconds to "get" this. One too many Hurricanes I guess - very funny indeed.
I'll be having some in about 3 weeks, but in the place in Florida.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:23 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
any suggestions for what area to stay at OGG? First trip there later in the year and not sure where to stay. Also hoping to hop to KOA a day or 2, visit kiluea, kona brewing, hit up a coffee plantation, and take a helicopter tour

Kaanapali/Lahaina area ?

Kihei area?

Wailea area?

Last edited by ANC; Feb 10, 2013 at 12:30 pm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Snow snow everywhere in ANC- can't wait to get deiced...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Landing @ EWR today reminded me of ANC.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Blue, AS dreg, Marriott Plat Elite

I figure this snow is Mother nature just giving me one more blast before I head to Europe. I imagine it will be brutally cold hen I head up to FAI to drop my daughter's stuff off as well.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by jplenny

I figure this snow is Mother nature just giving me one more blast before I head to Europe. I imagine it will be brutally cold hen I head up to FAI to drop my daughter's stuff off as well.
Natrually

Foggy in PHL took nearly 30 minutes in a holding pattern- now waiting for taxiway to open up to pull into gate.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:09 pm

Natrually
I'm still trying to nail down when I'll be flying. I suspect within the next 2-3 weeks. As soon as I know when the movers are packing me out, I'll let you know. You don't happen to need a lawnmower?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:06 pm

Post What to do in SEA for a 6 hour layover

Hi all I am going from FAI-SEA-LHR in June and have a 6.5 hour layover in SEA.
My questions are:
Do I get an Alaska BR one day pass or is there anything I can do in SEA for a few hours - Can I leave the airport? And is it worth it as I will have to go back through security etc?
Many Thanks for any advice.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:21 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Rubyruby1
Hi all I am going from FAI-SEA-LHR in June and have a 6.5 hour layover in SEA.
My questions are:
Do I get an Alaska BR one day pass or is there anything I can do in SEA for a few hours - Can I leave the airport? And is it worth it as I will have to go back through security etc?
Many Thanks for any advice.
I would not recommend camping out the entire 6 hours in the BR. It's a comfy spot for an hour or two if you have to be there, but 6 hours might make you go batty, and $45 is more than enough to cover transportation and food in the city. Presumably you are on the BA flight leaving at 7 PM, which means you have plenty of daytime hours to check out Seattle.

If you can check your luggage all the way through, great. Otherwise, ditch anything heavy at Ken's Baggage on the baggage claim level and walk through the parking structure to catch the Link Light Rail for $2.75. The trains run frequently and it's no more than a 40 minute ride to get downtown, where you can shop, visit the "first" Starbucks and wander through Pike Place Market or pop into the Seattle Art Museum. If you're there on a weekday, I would recommend the Columbia Tower over the Space Needle as it has better views and only costs $5.

Remember to check your flight status before you head back to the airport; occasionally the BA flight is delayed by a few hours which would buy you some more time to play. If you allow an hour each way for transit plus a very generous 90 minutes to re-clear security, that still leaves a solid 3 hours in the city. No reason to stay in the airport when it's so easy to get out and experience some of the Emerald City. June is a great time to visit the Pacific Northwest.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
I would not recommend camping out the entire 6 hours in the BR. It's a comfy spot for an hour or two if you have to be there, but 6 hours might make you go batty, and $45 is more than enough to cover transportation and food in the city. Presumably you are on the BA flight leaving at 7 PM, which means you have plenty of daytime hours to check out Seattle.

If you can check your luggage all the way through, great. Otherwise, ditch anything heavy at Ken's Baggage on the baggage claim level and walk through the parking structure to catch the Link Light Rail for $2.75. The trains run frequently and it's no more than a 40 minute ride to get downtown, where you can shop, visit the "first" Starbucks and wander through Pike Place Market or pop into the Seattle Art Museum. If you're there on a weekday, I would recommend the Columbia Tower over the Space Needle as it has better views and only costs $5.

Remember to check your flight status before you head back to the airport; occasionally the BA flight is delayed by a few hours which would buy you some more time to play. If you allow an hour each way for transit plus a very generous 90 minutes to re-clear security, that still leaves a solid 3 hours in the city. No reason to stay in the airport when it's so easy to get out and experience some of the Emerald City. June is a great time to visit the Pacific Northwest.
Thank you very much for that - my luggage goes all the way through and I am there on a Saturday, last time I did the same trip my flight to LHR was delayed by another 2 hours. I think I will go and explore
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rubyruby1
Thank you very much for that - my luggage goes all the way through and I am there on a Saturday, last time I did the same trip my flight to LHR was delayed by another 2 hours. I think I will go and explore
^^ Lots to see and do in SEA- can also visit the AS Company Store on International Boulevard
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by jplenny
I'm still trying to nail down when I'll be flying. I suspect within the next 2-3 weeks. As soon as I know when the movers are packing me out, I'll let you know. You don't happen to need a lawnmower?
Hmm... will have to see- the vintage 2 cycle we have now works well- and the grass doesn't grow like it does down south. Now if it was a riding mower
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Hmm... will have to see- the vintage 2 cycle we have now works well- and the grass doesn't grow like it does down south. Now if it was a riding mower
42" 6 speed.....^^
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:48 am

It's not like there is a high demand for mowers in Feb. I can't ship it to Germany due to the "plant" residue, so if you want it, it is yours. Otherwise, I'll just donate it to Value Village or similar place.

I'm still not sure when I am leaving, it should be within the next few weeks. I still need to do a get together for dinner or something. This waiting around is wearing me. At this rate, it feels like I'll be taking the summer Condor flight to Frankfurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.