Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had been considering The Great Schlepp to the DL club @ ORD in November. This is great news!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had been considering The Great Schlepp to the DL club @ ORD in November. This is great news!
I'd still go to DL... they have more of a snack selection
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Sitting on AS22, SEA to ORD ... listening to a couple BLI people in F clown on allegiance air, quite the riot.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:49 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by beckoa
I'd still go to DL... they have more of a snack selection
But no shower
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
But no shower
Why does everyone get so excited about the shower? Is this like the DL club in ATL?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by maokh
Why does everyone get so excited about the shower? Is this like the DL club in ATL?
Never been to DL showers but I got pics of the AAdmirals club in ORD. Its like a fancy hotel bathroom
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:08 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by maokh
I fly a lot of red-eyes, so showers is a great way to refresh myself... The bathroom in the shower room is MUCH cleaner [DTW does not have a toilet in the shower room]. Also, it is nice being able to brush your teeth without doing it in front of other club members.

When hitting the shower, I always make sure to grab a coffee stoked with Baileys or beer to bring with me into the shower room. My own 30 minute private sanctuary

Oh, you won't need to compete for power outlets in the shower room

I have used all of the shower facilities in all DL SCs in the USA except for T3 @ JFK... MIA has the best shower hands down, the shower head is in the ceiling and that was awesome.

ATL

LAX

Last edited by golfingboy; Sep 22, 2010 at 4:14 pm
Old Sep 22, 2010, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heres some pics from the Shower at the ORD AAdmirals club

View of shower

View of toilet area

View of sitting area with phone

I could have sworn i took a pic of the sink area but i didnt
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by CDKing
Heres some pics from the Shower at the ORD AAdmirals club

View of shower

View of toilet area

View of sitting area with phone

I could have sworn i took a pic of the sink area but i didnt
Looks just like the one I used twice in August.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Several months ago US Airways started offering free "adult" drinks in their clubs, adopting a system similar to the PC [some free drinks with premium liquors available for a nominal fee]. Now the AC system will start serving beer/wine/mixed drinks for free starting Oct 1...

The UA RCC is the only US carrier operated lounge that does not offer free adult drinks...

Now, the AC is not going to be that bad anymore... They just need to start offering free WIFI for guests

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...ing-october-1/
If I need a shower I will go to AA and get the free drinks. If I just want to relax I will still go to the SkyClub everytime. AA snack options suck.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BOB W
If I need a shower I will go to AA and get the free drinks. If I just want to relax I will still go to the SkyClub everytime. AA snack options suck.
Hey! You got your generic brand cookies and crackers, stale snack mix, and ... I forget what else.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Hey! You got your generic brand cookies and crackers, stale snack mix, and ... I forget what else.
The cookies are kinda chewy... and free

And they have cheese
Old Sep 23, 2010, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
The cookies are kinda chewy... and free

And they have cheese
Ahhhhh real cheese. Of the three times I've been in Skyclub in BOS this month there were two different cheeses. Two days were the standad Tillamook Chedder. Once was Cabot (MY Favorite)

Last edited by CDKing; Sep 23, 2010 at 11:28 am
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hadn't recalled that the AC has cheese? I was too horrified by the FIVE DOLLAR CAPPUCCINOS to take in much else.

While I appreciate the Skyclub's initiative in offering olives, those aren't much better than broccoli would be for me I'm afraid.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I hadn't recalled that the AC has cheese? I was too horrified by the FIVE DOLLAR CAPPUCCINOS to take in much else.

While I appreciate the Skyclub's initiative in offering olives, those aren't much better than broccoli would be for me I'm afraid.
SC has cheese... not AAdmirals...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.