Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2024)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
...It's wild that AA never has any issues with Lounge Access but Alaska suffers a conniption every single time.
Not always. An active duty AA flyer wanted to use a AS lounge while I was at the counter sorting out a booking issue - his agent said only Int'l flights count.

"I am a veteran, He's with me"

ah, said the other agent - enjoy your stay. I thanked her, as did the soldier.
Old May 12, 2024, 11:56 am

Hello, I'm an Alaska Lounge Plus member traveling from PDX to YVR on Thursday. Normally I travel alone, but this time I'm traveling with a work colleague. Can I bring her as a guest into the PDX lounge? If so, do we need to enter together or can I enter first and bring her in when she arrives? (I plan to arrive early to beat morning traffic.) Thanks in advance!
Old May 12, 2024, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skylark_or
Hello, I'm an Alaska Lounge Plus member traveling from PDX to YVR on Thursday. Normally I travel alone, but this time I'm traveling with a work colleague. Can I bring her as a guest into the PDX lounge? If so, do we need to enter together or can I enter first and bring her in when she arrives? (I plan to arrive early to beat morning traffic.) Thanks in advance!
You can guest your colleague in when they arrive... you're allowed two guests or your entire immediate family. As a side note, there frequently seems to be someone trying to get into the lounge that thinks they have access but don't... anyone ever guest in random people they don't know?
​​​
Old May 12, 2024, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
As a side note, there frequently seems to be someone trying to get into the lounge that thinks they have access but don't... anyone ever guest in random people they don't know?
​​​
Random strangers? I havent, and I usually wouldnt. The lounges are usually full enough that I dont need to add any more people even though I paid for the guest. I suppose there are some scenarios where I would make exceptions, but its not really come up yet.
Old May 12, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip> anyone ever guest in random people they don't know?
​​​
I do not.

Regards
Old May 12, 2024, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Random strangers? I havent, and I usually wouldnt. The lounges are usually full enough that I dont need to add any more people even though I paid for the guest. I suppose there are some scenarios where I would make exceptions, but its not really come up yet.
The closest I've come to this is sitting next to someone on the prior flight, having a nice chat, and learning that the seatmate is also connecting, so I once invited someone to join me in the lounge for the connection. So, random? No, someone who was assigned a seat next to me, and stranger? Not by the time we entered the lounge.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The closest I've come to this is sitting next to someone on the prior flight, having a nice chat, and learning that the seatmate is also connecting, so I once invited someone to join me in the lounge for the connection. So, random? No, someone who was assigned a seat next to me, and stranger? Not by the time we entered the lounge.
And to clarify, I wouldn't consider anyone from this forum to be a random stranger so if any of you happen to run into me at the airport, I would be happy to guest you in if I didn't already have guests.
samosa, pmblinn and Intl359Widget like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Very good point on the lounge crowding issue...
Old May 12, 2024, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And to clarify, I wouldn't consider anyone from this forum to be a random stranger so if any of you happen to run into me at the airport, I would be happy to guest you in if I didn't already have guests.
And that is a good lesson for someone who is learning English - the difference between someone who is strange, and who is a stranger
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
.. anyone ever guest in random people they don't know?​​​
Yes, the aforementoned soldier and earlier a broke-a$$ college kid next to me exit row. He seemed decent and had a long layover.

Just told him don't do anything I would regret...
notquiteaff and beckoa like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by blue bear
Yes, the aforementoned soldier and earlier a broke-a$$ college kid next to me exit row. He seemed decent and had a long layover.

Just told him don't do anything I would regret...
Yeah, low rank soldier in uniform traveling solo, I could see myself guest them in. Wouldn’t be worried about them misbehaving. If I met someone on a flight and “connected” (I usually keep to myself) and found out they would really benefit from a lounge stay, I would offer to guest them in. Or if I found that the lounge agent was not treating someone with lounge access right (making up rules), I would be inclined to short-circuit that discussion by just making him/her my guest.

But otherwise I probably wouldn’t go “guest shopping” in the terminal or partake in “guest exchange” threads here.

That said, I may still have some one day (time?) passes to give away - they are giftable, right? Need to wait a bit to see if my wife has any solo trips where she could use them, but with my shiny new AA Exec card I am set for lounge access for myself at the moment.
Old May 12, 2024, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And that is a good lesson for someone who is learning English - the difference between someone who is strange, and who is a stranger
I suppose someone could be both, right?
Old May 13, 2024, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose someone could be both, right?
Only if the strangers' faces come out of the rain.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I guested some Airmen coming in from a long international flight I was on, we were chatting at the bag claim before customs and told them if their layover was long they could join us (was with another 100k) in the Flagship lounge in ORD. They accepted, once we were inside we shared a beer and then went our separate ways. It's the only time I have ever done it though.
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I guested some Airmen coming in from a long international flight I was on, we were chatting at the bag claim before customs and told them if their layover was long they could join us (was with another 100k) in the Flagship lounge in ORD. They accepted, once we were inside we shared a beer and then went our separate ways. It's the only time I have ever done it though.
I was guested by a random SkyClub member years ago. He was in ANC doing a MR from the east coast and we met while chatting at Humpys in the B gates. Both of us had rather long layovers in MSP and he offered me lounge access. After the red eye flight, we walked to the lounge, but we did not interact once we were granted access to the lounge. The MSP lounge dragon had no idea we were strangers.
beckoa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.