Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Alaska Lounges (2024)

This popular subject now has a yearly thread.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Hope they still have Eggnog in ANC tonight. They have been having limited holiday hours; should be open until 7p tonight.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Upgraded flights can purchase lounge passes?

Not sure I saw this before:

Originally Posted by https://www.alaskaair.com/content/airport-lounge/policies-and-rules

Upgraded First Class tickets (U Class) operated by Alaska Airlines are not eligible for complimentary lounge access. Upgraded guests, whether complimentary, paid, or using miles can purchase a Single-Entry Lounge Pass for $30, subject to space availability. **
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:39 am
Original Poster

ANC AL this morning has egg & cheese omelets, bacon bits, biscuits & sausage gravy, steel cut oatmeal, a large assortment of pastries, yogurt, fruits and more. Quite a nice spread. The Barista is staying busy making coffees. Not sure I will be able to eat the F meal on my flight now.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
ANC AL this morning has egg & cheese omelets, bacon bits, biscuits & sausage gravy, steel cut oatmeal, a large assortment of pastries, yogurt, fruits and more. Quite a nice spread. The Barista is staying busy making coffees. Not sure I will be able to eat the F meal on my flight now.
sounds like a more comprehensive offering than in the past.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's very fitting that posts about the ANC Lounge kicked off this thread for the new year.
StevenSeagalFan likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

SEA N lounge is almost at capacity but I found a swivel seat at one of the round tables near the buffet area. Great view of the Mickey Mouse Toon Town plane taxiing for taleoff. ANC was at about 60% when I left at 6:20 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Welcome to SFOoooooooh wait I'm in LAX. Looks like their dishwasher broke

Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:01 pm

I'd be relieved if the dishwasher is the only thing that broke.
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by g289t; Jan 9, 2024 at 7:14 pm
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Someone needs to start tracking the number of days the dishwasher is on vacation this year for each lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
But you know, they money for the Dishwasher repairs is probably going to Door Plug Repairs now.
StevenSeagalFan likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Very mellow and quiet morning at PDX. Breakfast burrito bar set up along with usual oatmeal, bagels, and pastries. Burrito bar had eggs, sausage and vegan options.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Frustrated that my flight from JFK-SFO is delayed a little over 2 hrs, and that the lounge is closing earlier than normal (7pm vs 7:30pm). I know it's not their fault the flight is delayed but man, what a TERRIBLE weekend of travel for AS folks. Although I should be grateful my flight is merely delayed and not canceled. And on the bright side the lounge is quiet/pretty empty.
notquiteaff and pcoll like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Yesterday, the LAX lounge had both paper bowls and clam chowder. This condition is known as a "push". But, the Homeboy Industries pastries are still there and they have never been good. The LAX lounge would improve by switching to local Porto's baked goods.

So far in 2024, I continue to believe the SFO lounge is best of the AS Lounges.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
So far in 2024, I continue to believe the SFO lounge is best of the AS Lounges.
I agree, but being the best AS lounge is a low bar. The LAX Alaska lounge is absolutely shameful, and the SEA lounges are all like romper rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.