Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Easy-breezy global travel: Verify your passport from home with AS’ Mobile Verify

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easy-breezy global travel: Verify your passport from home with AS’ Mobile Verify

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:54 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
After the MAX incident they need to change the language on that press release. At this point, I don’t think AS should be connecting breezy and their flights in any way.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, UA 1P, 1 MM, Delta, , SW, HHonors
Confusing app that saves no time

Tried using this for upcoming trip. Tutorial fails to advise you to remove phone cover to scan for passport chip; only find that most useful info if you read reviews of app.

Also, no where at app or Alaska does it indicate you should complete process (create ID and then specific flight, which is a whole other process) BEFORE checking in on line. We still have no boarding pass even though Alaska app shows we have verified passports. So to the agent we will go...

Time saver? Convenient? Not so much
Boraxo and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by fly18725
The share of international traffic for AA is substantially more than it is for AS, making it a higher investment priority.
I wonder if that is true. AA is much more of a domestic airline than UA or DL.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This app is mediocre. I can scan the page but I get a big fail on the chip scan.

UA app manages to scan passports with camera without need for a nonfunctional 3rd party app - not sure why AS can’t do the same.Also UA retains the info in my account so I don’t need to scan again. Not sure why this is too difficult for AS.

also not sure what this means for checkin. can I get a BP on the AS app or will I need to wait in line at the airport to get the BP if I don’t use this stupid app?

Very disappointing and poor rollout

Addendum: finally got it to work after about 10 tries scanning chip and holding phone at weird angle each time. Same for Mrs. B. Good advice about removing phone cover.

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 12, 2024 at 12:00 am
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:06 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Boraxo
UA app manages to scan passports with camera without need for a nonfunctional 3rd party app - not sure why AS can’t do the same.Also UA retains the info in my account so I don’t need to scan again. Not sure why this is too difficult for AS.
The scanned passport in the United app also can be used with UA's trial of the TSA PreCheck's Touchless Identity (facial recognition) Solution. I certainly hope that AS joins AA, DL and UA in rolling out this functionality.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:56 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
This app is mediocre. I can scan the page but I get a big fail on the chip scan.

also not sure what this means for checkin. can I get a BP on the AS app or will I need to wait in line at the airport to get the BP if I don’t use this stupid app?

Very disappointing and poor rollout

Addendum: finally got it to work after about 10 tries scanning chip and holding phone at weird angle each time. Same for Mrs. B. Good advice about removing phone cover.
Agree. As someone who is traveling internationally a few times a month, it's just so easy with everyone else. For whatever reason I go to Airside, finish everything, and it directs me back to the AS app where it never updates to say approved. Although I'm able to generate a boarding pass. I didn't bother to do Airside verification for my trip today and I was still able to get boarding pass after just entering in my passport (wish it was saved) online so I'm confused what Airside is even for. On the other hand my stored passport info is just saved with United and I can always instantly generate a boarding pass without clunky third party apps. Much better experience with United but that really is to be expected. They have the cleanest app experience by far.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The Airside app has been working fine for me with Alaska reservations, and it's been working fine for my wife. It remembers the passport for each of us, and entering a trip is quick. When we make a new reservation however, Alaska keeps bringing up an old passport for each of us; I suspect we have to call it in.

Originally Posted by dayone
The scanned passport in the United app also can be used with UA's trial of the TSA PreCheck's Touchless Identity (facial recognition) Solution. I certainly hope that AS joins AA, DL and UA in rolling out this functionality.
"The agents working at the TSA PreCheck and Clear lines told me to use a new special lane for biometrics that allowed me to skip ahead of both the regular PreCheck and the separate Clear lanes," he said. "After one minute, the TSA agent waved me over. I simply showed my face in front of a camera, and the agent told me to go ahead to the screening machines. There was no wait."
Sounds as easy as Global Entry, which works nicely for us.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Agree. As someone who is traveling internationally a few times a month, it's just so easy with everyone else. For whatever reason I go to Airside, finish everything, and it directs me back to the AS app where it never updates to say approved. Although I'm able to generate a boarding pass. I didn't bother to do Airside verification for my trip today and I was still able to get boarding pass after just entering in my passport (wish it was saved) online so I'm confused what Airside is even for.
Ditto. AS app never updated to say passport validation completed even after I entered flight info. Thankfully (like you) we were able to generate BPs so we could skip airport lines and go straight to security. However we were stopped at the gate (BP would not scan) and told to step aside so the other GA could validate passports (which took a ridiculous # of keystrokes). Idiotic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.