Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:47 am

BA & BA operated by AA took about 2 weeks.
AA domestic took 1-2 days IIRC.
AA international also took ~2 days.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My BA flight on 3/10 posted in about four days. The next day connecting flight took another week.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
condor 14 days
Old Mar 29, 2023, 4:26 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I had an AA domestic connection and international flight that posted between 3-5 days. I was pretty pleased too that the correct EQM (100% and 110% respectively) posted as I was flying AA on C space using the SWUs given to elites last year. I had booked a reasonable P/W fares and was able to utilize C space for the upgrades. Worried there'd be some sort of shenanigans on EQM not posting properly but it all looks good.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
BA marketed on 125 ticket stock - BA (SFO >> LHR) connecting to AY (LHR >> HEL) departed SFO on 22 MAR 2023 and the flights posted on 28 MAR 2023. So around 6 days. Pretty decent and it was the 250% EQM as expected (A class to J class).

Im on the return today....same classes....i will report on posting...

I have another strictly BA flight in May.....of course i will post then.....

GIven the very good bonuses.....i think ill hit 100k by the end of June this year!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by skunker
Wow, all my other flights posted today. That includes BA codes on BA metal and BA codes on AY metal. It took many months of fighting to get those to post correctly last year. This time they posted automatically and correctly!
My flights posted just fine within a week that included a Finnair flight.....
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG
BA ticketed FAI-SEA-LHR-SNN RT for travel in February. AS/BA/EI respectively. EI flights not qualified for mileage. BA operated flights posted within a week of travel. AS flights still not posted. Emailed all relevant info to AS including BA confirmation and boarding passes.

AS response, “We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation. You can expect the miles for eligible travel to post within 6-8 weeks, since we need to have the partner verify eligibility and then return the approved flight information.”

I had loaded the AS confirmation number to “My trips” and the itinerary appeared there. AS upgraded us to FC, could this be causing the problem? Or, the fact that both boarding passes FAI-SEA, SEA-FAI were issued by AS showing only the AS flight # instead of BA?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by AKBasqUkr
I had loaded the AS confirmation number to “My trips” and the itinerary appeared there. AS upgraded us to FC, could this be causing the problem? Or, the fact that both boarding passes FAI-SEA, SEA-FAI were issued by AS showing only the AS flight # instead of BA?
Paper boarding passes should say the AS flight number and then “sold as BAxxx” and they should know that since they are saying they need to confirm with the partner.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
skunker, Interestingly the Alaska issued paper boarding passes did NOT state any "sold as BAxxx" #'s even though they were sold under a BA ticket number. However, when listed on "My Trips" the BA flight numbers were listed and present in addition to AS's flight numbers.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by AKBasqUkr
skunker, Interestingly the Alaska issued paper boarding passes did NOT state any "sold as BAxxx" #'s even though they were sold under a BA ticket number. However, when listed on "My Trips" the BA flight numbers were listed and present in addition to AS's flight numbers.
This seems to be an issue with North American airlines it seems. In europe, it will more often show "sold as" in big letters under the actual flight number (i.e. mine yesterday was AY 1331, "SOLD AS BA6031" )

My observation is when you get a flight operated by AS but sold as the codeshare but credited to AS....its just goes into an infinity loop.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
My observation is when you get a flight operated by AS but sold as the codeshare but credited to AS....its just goes into an infinity loop.
I'm in that loop now. Early March travel FAI/SEA/LHR/BRU return - BA metal credited within a week but AS can't seem to credit me for the FAI/SEA legs without an AS ticket #, which I was never issued. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by bon mot
I'm in that loop now. Early March travel FAI/SEA/LHR/BRU return - BA metal credited within a week but AS can't seem to credit me for the FAI/SEA legs without an AS ticket #, which I was never issued. Any suggestions?
Never buy AS segments on codeshare if you credit back to AS.....all other situations seem to be fine.
bon mot likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:02 am

BA ticketed (125 stock) - BA 6031 J class (operated by AY 1331 - HEL >> LHR) connecting to BA 285 A class (operated by BA LHR >>SFO) on 29 MAR 2023.

Credited on 04 APR 2023 mid afternoon (so i suspect the overnight clearing by BA as it was early morning GMT), so lets call it about 6 days. The same as the outbound.

All posted properly (250% EQM for both segments) and a ton more RDM with bonuses and 100k elite bonuses.

Total earned for the round trip - 32,600 EQM, 75,936 RDM (MVP gold 100k status)
Old Apr 5, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Flew 2 AA segments yesterday afternoon. They both posted overnight. It could have possibly posted last night but I didn't check until 5:30 am EDT today.

James
Old Apr 5, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ssk244
I had an AA domestic connection and international flight that posted between 3-5 days. I was pretty pleased too that the correct EQM (100% and 110% respectively) posted as I was flying AA on C space using the SWUs given to elites last year. I had booked a reasonable P/W fares and was able to utilize C space for the upgrades. Worried there'd be some sort of shenanigans on EQM not posting properly but it all looks good.
My luck ran out on the return leg. The AA portion was booked in P class originally and wasn't credited properly - only 50% versus 100%. The domestic leg was on AS, so I'm curious if that had anything to do with it. The flights posted within 24 hrs (AS immediately, AA next day). But it's super frustrating that I only got 50% EQM. Hoping Alaska can fix this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.