Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
What is SEA-SEA?
shining
PTahCha, KE81, eeb100k and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
Upcoming choices
JFK-SEA
Sad to see there are no vegetarian options other than the F&C on a transcon - usually have had very good luck getting a pretty decent veg meal between SFO and BOS.
samosa likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
Sad to see there are no vegetarian options other than the F&C on a transcon - usually have had very good luck getting a pretty decent veg meal between SFO and BOS.
Based on how other recent dishes with bacon have been presented, I would imagine this dish could be made vegetarian-style at the minimum by removing the bacon. Of course there may be leftover bacon residue/grease which might not appeal to vegetarians; I wonder if it could be removed before heating, which would further lessen this.

-J.
samosa likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Based on how other recent dishes with bacon have been presented, I would imagine this dish could be made vegetarian-style at the minimum by removing the bacon. Of course there may be leftover bacon residue/grease which might not appeal to vegetarians; I wonder if it could be removed before heating, which would further lessen this.

-J.
Years ago, I recall that AS F meals were plated in the galley, rather than pre-plated the way many other carriers are. Don't know if this is still the case, but it would make it easier to leave meat off without leaving any residue on the plate.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Removing bacon from a pre-plated meal would be unacceptable to me (regardless of before or after heating), but I would obviously be fine if they could leave the bacon off in the first place.
GW McLintock and samosa like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
It would be nice to see a vegetarian option.
It would be nice to see a gluten free option.

It seems like just making every option doused in farro (wheat) is not going to work. Back to polenta? Ugh.
ab2013 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer;[url=tel:34534875
34534875[/url]]What is SEA-SEA?
It earns 500 EQM. 😝
ijkh, samosa and JetAirways77W like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by ijkh
It would be nice to see a vegetarian option.
It would be nice to see a gluten free option.

It seems like just making every option doused in farro (wheat) is not going to work. Back to polenta? Ugh.
At the very least, I'd be happy if they brought back gluten-free crackers for the fruit and cheese platter. That seems like a low-cost way to cater to that crowd, if AS thinks that it's too expensive to cater special meals.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ab2013
I'd be happy if they brought back gluten-free crackers for the fruit and cheese platter.
I found those crackers to be tasteless not as flavorful as the current variety.
winelvr likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

I had the Smoked Chili Roasted Chicken today. It was a bit spicy and not dry at all.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by dayone
I found those crackers to be tasteless not as flavorful as the current variety.
Well, I mean... for some of us, that's not really a choice. For me, the Partners crackers end up in the trash.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Was on about noon flight from SEA to ORD recently and chose the tamarind chicken option. This was good and actually my favorite of all the meals this year.

However, what was with the smaller roll? It was literally half the size of the typical roll for the entire cabin. Anyone else?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by pcoll
We have not had any in the snack basket since May. SEA/ LAX runs.
None last night on AS 105, SEA-ANC. I asked the FA and he said what he had available was what was in the basket.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
All flights on this past month were same-day upgrades, so no option to pre-order and doing my best guess on meal names.

08/04/2022 SEA-MCO AS16 (737-Max)
Had the fritatta with Canadian bacon. Everything on this plate was flavorful and just smelled good. ProTip: if you get the lemon yogurt, ask for some Biscoff to mash up and mix in. The flavor combo is amazing.

Dessert wasn't pictured but was the Salt and Straw Sea Salt/Caramel. Classic.

08/18/2022 BOI-PHX AS3321(OO-175)
Simple protein plate. Not a fan of boiled eggs, but everything else hit the spot. I do wish there was more bread and cheese though. No dessert, but I think there was a snack basket? Fox not included.

08/22/2022 DEN-SEA AS623 (739)
Chicken Sandwich with side salad. Very flavorful and filling but can't place what the sauce was. Went well with the wine and was served a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

Carfield and AS36 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by mfolf

08/04/2022 SEA-MCO AS16 (737-Max)
Had the fritatta with Canadian bacon. Everything on this plate was flavorful and just smelled good. ProTip: if you get the lemon yogurt, ask for some Biscoff to mash up and mix in. The flavor combo is amazing.

Dessert wasn't pictured but was the Salt and Straw Sea Salt/Caramel. Classic.
There was dessert on a breakfast flight?
TheBeerHunter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.