Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Quick question - on aa.com, I see that I can book SEA-SFO nonstop operated by AS. For example, this evening I see AA7636, operating as AS1258.

If I booked AA7636 on aa.com and used my AS ff number, would it credit miles based on the AS or AA earning chart? And would I be able to use any of my MVPG benefits like getting on the waitlist for Premium Economy / First?

Never ran into this before as I usually avoid codeshares, but I've got some AA flight credit I need to use.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by remyjette
If I booked AA7636 on aa.com and used my AS ff number, would it credit miles based on the AS or AA earning chart? And would I be able to use any of my MVPG benefits like getting on the waitlist for Premium Economy / First?
If you book the AA flight on AA using your AS mileage number, you’d earn the AA mileage percentage based on your AA fare class, and get your MVPG benefits on AA.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I booked a LAS-PHX-IDA cheap AA ticket and credited to AS. I am MVP75 really MVP100 but my account shows I earned 1000 EQM, 1125 each total miles after mostly bonus miles. How does that work? BTW was upgraded for both segments, the phx-las one last minute last seat
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tobikosan
I booked a LAS-PHX-IDA cheap AA ticket and credited to AS. I am MVP75 really MVP100 but my account shows I earned 1000 EQM, 1125 each total miles after mostly bonus miles. How does that work? BTW was upgraded for both segments, the phx-las one last minute last seat
​​​​​​
First, upgrades do not get a class of service bonus. See https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rican-airlines - earning is based on original booking.

Okay, now let's look at your booking.

First, you've got LAS-PHX. Those airports are 255 miles apart. Minimum earn on Alaska is 500 miles. So you'll get 500 EQM for that flight. Then, as a MVPG 75K, you get an elite bonus of 125%. 500 * 1.25 is 625. So you get an additional 625 RDM for a total of 1125 for that segment.

Next let's look at PHX-IDA. This is 651 miles. But, since you booked on a partner airline, you have to look at the earning chart for that airline here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rican-airlines
You mentioned it was a cheap ticket. It almost certainly didn't fall until the most expensive booking classes which earn 100%, so it would earn a percentage of miles flown. Even at 75%, 651 * 0.75 is 488.25. This is under 500, so once again you get bumped up to 500 EQM. Then once again, you get your elite bonus of 125% for another 1125 RDM on this segment.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Alaska/One world question

Can you put your 1k AA Emerald One world status # on an Alaska Award ticket flying on Alaska metal booked through Alaska Airlines for upgrading purposes?
Today I was told revenue only.
However I had done this successfully a number of times in my very recent past successfully so quite confused
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:07 pm

I recently booked a flight on Qatar Airways using Alaska miles but can't seem to find a way to select seats. How does one go about selecting seats on a partner award ticket?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:22 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by YakAlaskaTrvl
I recently booked a flight on Qatar Airways using Alaska miles but can't seem to find a way to select seats. How does one go about selecting seats on a partner award ticket?
Welcome to Flyertalk
Typically one would call Qatar to reserve seats or go their website with the Qatar Locator and secure seats.
samosa likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
When AS talks about "Security express lines", what is that? If not TSA-Pre or Clear, where do I find it at SFO?

Priority security lanes are available at select airports, and are available to the following passengers:
First Class passengers
Mileage Plan MVP, Gold and 75K members
oneworld® Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby members
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...-express-lines
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
How long does it take after you nominate someone for MVP status as part of your MVP75 perks? Do they get that status immediately even if it have not shown up in their account?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
How long does it take after you nominate someone for MVP status as part of your MVP75 perks? Do they get that status immediately even if it have not shown up in their account?
Not sure what the quoted time is but I recently did it and it took 10 days. No benefits until then and they will get an email as soon as it’s active.
anteater and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
From my experience, it has been as fast as a few days, to as long as 3 weeks out. I nominated someone about two weeks ago and they have not received their status as of yet. The nomination confirmation page says 2-4 weeks though.
tobikosan and anteater like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Yes
I have only done it once and it took 24 hours, but the process can take upward of four weeks according to the statement on the confirmation page.
tobikosan and Seattle123 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Originally Posted by anteater
I have only done it once and it took 24 hours, but the process can take upward of four weeks according to the statement on the confirmation page.
I nominated someone for MVP status on Jan 2 and they are still awaiting receiving their status.

Alaska busy with rolling out 100k status? All those computer changes, etc.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by vanillabean
When AS talks about "Security express lines", what is that? If not TSA-Pre or Clear, where do I find it at SFO?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...-express-lines
Not TSA-Pre or Clear - it will be the normal TSA screening process and ID check, but look for lines that show "Premium" or "Elite Status" or "First Class" signage when approaching the screening lines, and it will generally move you (much closer to) the front of the ID check line. If you can't find it right away, ask the person guarding the lines doing the quick boarding pass check where the security express line is for elites and they'll point you in the right direction.
samosa and vanillabean like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Not TSA-Pre or Clear - it will be the normal TSA screening process and ID check, but look for lines that show "Premium" or "Elite Status" or "First Class" signage when approaching the screening lines, and it will generally move you (much closer to) the front of the ID check line. If you can't find it right away, ask the person guarding the lines doing the quick boarding pass check where the security express line is for elites and they'll point you in the right direction.
i also think very few Alaska airlines airports have this, Seattle and maybe Portland and Anchorage, well I don’t know the answer exact airports, but I know LAX and BUR don’t have it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.