FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The last time I was there, the elevator was out of order. If you take the elevator to the West up for the Maple Leaf Lounge, you can access the AL from the corridor in behind. The doorway is just to the right of reception when you step off the AL elevator.

James.
that's a pro tip, I have been there many times, never knew there is a back door to the lounge. Recently, the elevator is always full up and down during the morning rush hour.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Nice find, I also read their initial study findings, and it seems the lounge will expand along the window side. That's a good expansion with the bar and buffet area in center. I also read there will be 2 elevators added. But the catch is, during the construction it will be painful, and no idea when it's gonna happen.Improvements proposed at Level 4 - Lounge Level are aimed at improving passenger experience and service to airline lounge customers and would involve the reconfiguration and expansion of Level 4 to the south of the existing Alaska Airlines Lounge area to improve access and enhance the passenger experience in the lounge. Two elevators would be added on the east side of the Satellite.

from lawa
what I found interesting about the lounge access is the 2 new elevators on the east side of the building which will be behind a lounge reception area on the concourse level.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The last time I was there, the elevator was out of order. If you take the elevator to the West up for the Maple Leaf Lounge, you can access the AL from the corridor in behind. The doorway is just to the right of reception when you step off the AL elevator.
Nice tip! It's been a while since I've been to T6, but is there also a stairway available to passengers to get up to that floor?

Access to lounges that are only publicly accessible by elevator is a pet peeve of mine.
pmblinn likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
Yeah she said they'd be subject to the waitlist, but if the staff notice a "first class" or "lounge member" next to your name on the waitlist they'll move you to the top spot so you're next to get in. But I unfortunately didn't think to ask if they prioritize AL members or FC passengers over each other.
They'll probably dig out the old sign soon - until well into covid they just left the sign out front that said if you're PP you have to get on the waitlist, but if you're a member or on an F ticket you should head up. I suspect that capacity restrictions will be relieved significantly around April 15 when a lot of other restrictions will relax, as well.
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Alaska Lounge SEA North Satellite Terminal

Wanted to share my experience with my first visit to this lounge. Below are some of my key takeaways:

- like the color scheme inside ( gives a Pacific Northwest feel to me ).

- love the views of the tarmac and mountains off in the distance.

- Only tried the pancakes and they were a nice treat, but the pre packaged salads and other grab and go items wouldn’t make me sit down and have a full meal.

- plenty of space to lounge and even warm up at the fireplace.

Old Apr 3, 2021, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Wanted to share my experience with my first visit to this lounge. Below are some of my key takeaways:

- like the color scheme inside ( gives a Pacific Northwest feel to me ).

- love the views of the tarmac and mountains off in the distance.

- Only tried the pancakes and they were a nice treat, but the pre packaged salads and other grab and go items wouldn’t make me sit down and have a full meal.

- plenty of space to lounge and even warm up at the fireplace.

https://youtu.be/sZqSmzH0jRM
Other than the fact that the pancake machine is self-serve, I actually LOVE chicken caesar pre-packaged salads there....they make for a great to-go meal on the plane. The lettuce mix they used for the pre-packaged salads at the LAX lounge is...."different"...not a fan.
Klrduks and Bellerina like this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Other than the fact that the pancake machine is self-serve, I actually LOVE chicken caesar pre-packaged salads there....they make for a great to-go meal on the plane. The lettuce mix they used for the pre-packaged salads at the LAX lounge is...."different"...not a fan.
If I’m taking food to go I try to make it with as little components as possible as I am highly likely to spill some dressing or any additional sauce on my clothes.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

AS lounge at SEA TAC north terminal data points.

Agree with brandinho1 a out the views, they are great. Also love the layout and spaciousness of the loumge.

We arrived on easter morning around 8:30 and we're granted access through priority pass without issue. Not many people in the lounge even around 9:30.

For offerings we noticed hot oatmeal, pancakes, hard boiled eggs, yogurt parfait, nature valley bars and pre wrapped muffins. The crew said lunch offerings's were put out at 11.

Just a great lounge and all the staff were polite, professional and genuinely seemed happy.
SOCguy, pcoll, Brandinho1 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by pinkibone
I was also there on the 25th and had a great experience as well... I accessed through a first class ticket... I enjoyed my sparkling wine, macchiato, caprese, and brownie (not in that order) and off I was to Hawaii.
LAX-OGG | AS813, by chance?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
The LAX lounge seems to always have the waitlist sign out at the elevator, but as a lounge member I just show them my digital card and walk right in which I assume is the case for other lounge members. At the PDX lounge, the huge sign advertising the $25 day pass benefit for Alaska Visa cardholders is now gone so perhaps, that was generating TOO much traffic....lol.
My life pro hack for LAX is to come up the stairwell that pops you out on the end of the check in counter, opposite of the plebs that took the elevator. The old fingerprint readers used to be there as well, so I would just come out the door, swing right around to the reader and give them the finger. Once it showed the checkmark they would just say welcome, and off I would go towards the bar. Never waited, never failed. I think the fact it's always just me, and the checkin agents didn't have to do much to get me checked in helped.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
My life pro hack for LAX is to come up the stairwell that pops you out on the end of the check in counter, opposite of the plebs that took the elevator. The old fingerprint readers used to be there as well, so I would just come out the door, swing right around to the reader and give them the finger. Once it showed the checkmark they would just say welcome, and off I would go towards the bar. Never waited, never failed. I think the fact it's always just me, and the checkin agents didn't have to do much to get me checked in helped.
I don't recall seeing any stairs other than the one leading down to the underground tunnel and the few steps to gates at the south end of the terminal. Are they behind some doors?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by simonsuo
I don't recall seeing any stairs other than the one leading down to the underground tunnel and the few steps to gates at the south end of the terminal. Are they behind some doors?
Yeah, it's a strange service stairway but open to the public, the door is pretty non-descript though. I only found out about it one day when the elevator was down for maintenance. Not sure if they go all the way down to the tunnels.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Bellerina
I just renewed my Lounge Membership. It expired 1/31/21 with the extra 6-months that were initially offered. New renewal date is through 1/31/22. The email offer says the extra 6 months will be processed within 14 days. So will report back then.
Update on this. I just checked my Lounge pass today and it now says expiration is 9/30/2022. So they seem to have added 6 months from when I renewed (4/1), not from my original expiration date.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Update on this. I just checked my Lounge pass today and it now says expiration is 9/30/2022. So they seem to have added 6 months from when I renewed (4/1), not from my original expiration date.
My original expiration date with the additional 6 months was 1/31/21 and I renewed in December, 2020, but no additional 6 months--still showing 1/31/22 expiration so I think this might be a targeted promotion.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
My original expiration date with the additional 6 months was 1/31/21 and I renewed in December, 2020, but no additional 6 months--still showing 1/31/22 expiration so I think this might be a targeted promotion.
That would be very disappointing. I did get the email about the extra 6-month offer. Could it hurt to write to Alaska and see if they will extend to you as well?
Whatever algorithm they are using is pretty good. If I hadn't been offered the extra 6-months, I would not have renewed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.