Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 AS Gift Certificate for $449.99 at Costco (And They're Back)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:17 pm

They are still for sale. A supervisor manually processed my order. Perhaps you too have some very small discrepancy in your profile?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by flytoeat
They are still for sale. A supervisor manually processed my order. Perhaps you too have some very small discrepancy in your profile?
Thanks for the suggestion, though it looks like the billing and shipping addresses match perfectly. In my case the cancellation message said that I had purchased more than the allowed amount, even though I'd only bought 3 and the limit is 10. Still, they couldn't figure it out. I'll try a couple more times, but after that it's not really worth the time to try to get them to process it manually.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Picked up another last night.

Got the email with code this morning ^
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
costco is selling Alaska gift cards for 10% discount

Never mind - didn't know there was already a thread about this - I missed it, sorry.
My daughter just told me Costco is selling $500 gc for 450. Also available online delivered electronically. Conditions (copied from their site):
  • Limit 10 per member
  • Only valid at alaskaair.com for Alaska Airlines flights
  • No travel restrictions or blackout dates
  • No expiration
  • No change fees.*

Last edited by estnet; Dec 4, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Struggled and struggled to think of a reason not to buy a few of these.

Any downsides other than not getting the 3mi/$ using the Alaska Visa?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I’ve been waiting til the new year to buy these. If any of have a Chase Freedom, the bonus category this quarter is wholesale club (Costco included). Tempted to buy three of these to max out that credit
bmvaughn likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Any downsides other than not getting the 3mi/$ using the Alaska Visa?
The only one I can think is not being able to use a CC with travel delay protection? For me, with the 10% rebate, I can insure myself especially on domestic flights.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
The only one I can think is not being able to use a CC with travel delay protection? For me, with the 10% rebate, I can insure myself especially on domestic flights.
The cost of my time is higher than trying to pursue a claim under travel delay protection insurance offered by a CC, YMMV
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Keep in mind that the gift certificate value doesn't expire. However if you purchase an itinerary and later cancel it past the 24 hour free cancelation to the original form of payment, the funds will go into your wallet and the 1 year expiry date of those funds is imposed.

Cancellation Policy
  • If an Alaska Airlines Gift Certificate is redeemed for a non-refundable ticket, and the ticket is canceled within 24 hour of the time of purchase, the refund will be issued in the form of a new non-expiring gift certificate
  • If an Alaska Airlines Gift Certificate is redeemed for a non-refundable ticket, and the ticket (or a portion of the ticket) is canceled more than 24 hours after time of purchase, the value of the unused portion of the ticket will be returned as a new credit certificate. Any portion of the credit certificate value not redeemed by the stated expiration date will expire on that date
  • The applicable fare terms and conditions will govern ticket exchanges

James
I'm facing the bolded issue with my Alaska gift certificate funds. Used funds to purchase PAE-PHX return for February and AS changed our flights to 12 hours earlier. Called and tried (and failed) to switch our flights in and out of BLI, which I figured was a longshot but would be much more convenient than a 2 hour drive to SEA. Will probably just cancel now. Question is how long will I have to then use the funds in my wallet since they'll have an expiration date? I tried to find the policy but couldn't when searching on their website. Bummed that I can't get the funds back with no expiration but that's the policy when I bought it.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Jed33d
I'm facing the bolded issue with my Alaska gift certificate funds. Used funds to purchase PAE-PHX return for February and AS changed our flights to 12 hours earlier. Called and tried (and failed) to switch our flights in and out of BLI, which I figured was a longshot but would be much more convenient than a 2 hour drive to SEA. Will probably just cancel now. Question is how long will I have to then use the funds in my wallet since they'll have an expiration date? I tried to find the policy but couldn't when searching on their website. Bummed that I can't get the funds back with no expiration but that's the policy when I bought it.
since the change to your PNR is over the time allowed,you should be able to ask AS to cancel , as per their policy, and get funds back to wallet with original no expiration credit certificate.

Last edited by pcoll; Jan 16, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Thanks! I'll definitely try that. Seems fair as it was their actions that led to my cancellation.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Jed33d
Thanks! I'll definitely try that. Seems fair as it was their actions that led to my cancellation.
Exactly.
Sometimes I have had to remind them of AS policy regarding THEIR change that ( 12 hours ) resulted in my having to cancel the reservation.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Just a reminder this deal is still around, if you’re booking new flights with the 30% codes. Buy the certificate with chase freedom this quarter and get 5% back
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:00 pm

Bought one of these, the code doesn't work on the website. Anyone else with that issue?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did you add the code to your Alaska wallet first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.