Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:43 pm

How about integration with Alexa, Google Home etc so I can say"Hey Google Check me in for my Alaska Flight" and it will automatically setiup the app to check you in 24 hours prior to your flight and ask if you want to check luggage and charge you the amount if you are not flying in Frist Class or have the Credit Card", Also having the option to change a flight or get seat assignments wheerby you can setup Alexa with your preferred seats and if its available it will assign it or something similar.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
It looks like the iOS app pushed an update with some improved design to the home tab showing your next trip, styling to the trip details page and a new "checked bags" view available. Anyone flying today that can see what info that provides? Did they just quietly roll out bag tracking, or is it less info than that?

leroix and mildfrequence like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just saw it, looks nice. I really like how the details of your next flight are right at the top of the homepage when you open the app.
leroix and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Just checked my flight tomorrow on app and changes there.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:43 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Oh wow, that looks really nice!! Looks like it was written this decade, even!

Especially the quick access to your next flight, very handy.

AS please get this over to Android, thank you
samosa and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The app once created an iOS calendar. Now suddenly it has created another. Has anyone encountered this or knows how to deal with it?

Added: on my Mac, control-clicked on the new calendar, merged it into the old Alaska calendar. Creating a new calendar entry in the app then behaved like it used to, so probably just a one-time glitch.

Last edited by vanillabean; Apr 12, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I just let TripIt (or maybe it's App in the Air) do my calendar hits.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
App shows BP for my April 21 trip SFO-JFK

AS app shows my BP from a SFO-JFK trip I took on March 10th when I look at trip details for my April 21st flight.
Anyone else ever see this?
Old May 23, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
App Issues/Problems May 2023

Seem my AS IOS app is having problems. Since last week, my older iphone 11 can no longer open AS app, and now My Iphone 13 now has the same problem. Prior to these shut downs, both devices started having some glitch with seating number flashing on and off within my reservation display screen. I think ill try uninstall and re-install. Anyone else having similar issues?

Jiburi

PS-working again after re-install

Last edited by jiburi; May 23, 2023 at 10:13 am
Old May 23, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by jiburi
Seem my AS IOS app is having problems. Since last week, my older iphone 11 can no longer open AS app, and now My Iphone 13 now has the same problem. Prior to these shut downs, both devices started having some glitch with seating number flashing on and off within my reservation display screen. I think ill try uninstall and re-install. Anyone else having similar issues?

Jiburi
No such issue on my end, but they have updated the app quite a bit, so could be a bug! The only issue I have had is selecting seats and changing meals after upgrade--just need to use the web for that because it gets stuck.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I am using the iOS app on my iPad (my phone uses Android). Not the latest iPad (Air 3rd gen), but latest iPadOS (16.5). App has been “randomly” crashing in the last few days.
Old May 23, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I see now an iPhone update to the Alaska app that I didn't see this morning.

For this release we've fixed a few UI issues and squashed a few more bugs.
Old May 25, 2023, 3:29 pm

Found this little tidbit regarding the AS/AA apps. Apparently you will be able to check in on either app on mixed tickets at some point in the furture. Will that be useful?

https://paxex.aero/alaska-airlines-a...n-reciprocity/
ashill and samosa like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
Found this little tidbit regarding the AS/AA apps. Apparently you will be able to check in on either app on mixed tickets at some point in the furture. Will that be useful?

https://paxex.aero/alaska-airlines-a...n-reciprocity/
AA’s app had an update last week(?) and the update notes said it would now allow you to check in for AS flights. Anyone try it yet to see how it goes?
Old May 26, 2023, 11:27 pm

iPad optimized app

Would be nice to have an iPad version of iOS app like some other airlines. Wondering why there isn’t one…
samosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.