Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by VXforever
On the 321 you sure can.
Except N928VA...
jjmadison likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by brp
For the reservations for which I added the KTN on the app (as others, all reservations on the web show it as there), it has stuck (so far). But no number of refreshes on the other reservations populate the other reservations. Log out/log in did not do it either.

Cheers.

just noticed this as well with half of my upcoming reservations made by me via the desktop - my KTN is in my profile
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Coming back to this thread (and surprised not to find anything more recent on the topic unless others have found a way to solve this). I'm still, after all this time, not seeing my AS BP on the lock screen as I do with all other BPs and, in fact, all other timed wallet entities. Definitely not the end of the world, but having to sift through the wallet, firs to so show the Pre-Check pre-chexker and then TSA is less convenient than hitting a BP in the lock screen. All the settings are correct for AS, as far as I can see.

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
anyone else having issues with the iOS app not refreshing trips? changed two of them a day or two ago and they won’t update. have signed in and out, gone into each reservation, pulled down to refresh the page, made sure app is updated, etc and they still stick. they show changes just fine on the website.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
just put this in the GGU thread, but it’s *FAR* more relevant here:

*WHEN* will AS enable applying a GGU when booking on the app?

you can select MVP, MVPG, 75K, or Mileage upgrades, but not Gold Guest
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
anyone else having issues with the iOS app not refreshing trips? changed two of them a day or two ago and they won’t update. have signed in and out, gone into each reservation, pulled down to refresh the page, made sure app is updated, etc and they still stick. they show changes just fine on the website.
Try viewing (or temporarily changing) your seat.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by dayone
Try viewing (or temporarily changing) your seat.
thanks - this pushed a sync for the trip (and all others)! weird little bug.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
Coming back to this thread (and surprised not to find anything more recent on the topic unless others have found a way to solve this). I'm still, after all this time, not seeing my AS BP on the lock screen as I do with all other BPs and, in fact, all other timed wallet entities. Definitely not the end of the world, but having to sift through the wallet, firs to so show the Pre-Check pre-chexker and then TSA is less convenient than hitting a BP in the lock screen. All the settings are correct for AS, as far as I can see.

Cheers.
I vaguely recall this feature being triggered by geolocation (your phone being near an airport)... Do you have Share my Location enabled for the AS app?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
My latest app issue is that twice in a row when I've tried to do an online change at the very last step I get the "Prove you are a human" screen. After successfully passing I am redirected to a new search page and I have to completely redo the change. Annoying.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
I’d like to see the following functions:

1. To see a waitlist time at AS lounges.

2. To be able to swap “from/to” airports in the search menu.

3. To be able to search for GGUs for a given route at any available days.

Last edited by hyedmd; Aug 29, 2021 at 1:19 am
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Here's something I'm surprised I haven't noticed before in this thread: could we please get the ability to enter metropolitan areas into the booking section of the app like we're able to do on the website? For ex online I can pick 'Bay Area' instead of just SFO/SJC/OAK but on the app I have to search each one individually.
mildfrequence and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
… enter metropolitan areas into the booking section of the app like we're able to do on the website? …
it’s curious that the app supports WAS and NYC, but not other metro areas where AS serves multiple airports (Seattle, SF, LA, Dallas)
mildfrequence and ItsAnAdam like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It would appear the YTD Alaska/partner qualifying miles counter for MVPG75K has now been updated to 75K.
be_rettSEA and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by jrl767
it’s curious that the app supports WAS and NYC, but not other metro areas where AS serves multiple airports (Seattle, SF, LA, Dallas)
WAS and NYC are assigned IATA metro area codes covering multiple airports. Those other areas don't have equivalent codes.

CHI is another one that app recognizes, but rather irrelevant since AS only serves ORD.

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
could we please get the ability to enter metropolitan areas into the booking section of the app like we're able to do on the website? For ex online I can pick 'Bay Area' instead of just SFO/SJC/OAK but on the app I have to search each one individually.
It would be nice if they would carry over the functionality of the website in this respect over to the app.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:42 pm

How about integration with Alexa, Google Home etc so I can say"Hey Google Check me in for my Alaska Flight" and it will automatically setiup the app to check you in 24 hours prior to your flight and ask if you want to check luggage and charge you the amount if you are not flying in Frist Class or have the Credit Card", Also having the option to change a flight or get seat assignments wheerby you can setup Alexa with your preferred seats and if its available it will assign it or something similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.