Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- GGU support (searching for K+ space, and applying a GGU)
- International partner award space search and booking

Basically, it works be great if the search functionality could match the non-mobile website. The days of settling for a inferior experience because you're on your phone should be long gone -- for many people, phones are their ONLY method of accessing the internet. Having to request the mobile site on your phone web browser is a horrible workaround (too advanced for most people)
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by jjmadison
#1 booking with travel bank money in-app. It's annoying to always have book on desktop.
#2 canceling a filght in-app.
+1

And Alaska listens being able to use reservation code once again.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:33 am

Multi-City booking
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
+1 bag tracking,
Also, show gate and terminal information at outstations where AS has only 1 or maybe 2 gates but the airport may have 2 or more terminals.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:42 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Automatically adding flights with my FF number attached.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Adding a “where is my plane now” feature so that I don’t have to toggle over to my Flight Aware app. If my flight is delayed, the first thing I check is the progress of the incoming aircraft
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by asa_1
  • providing the baggage carousel number after landing
⬆️👍
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VXforever
They basically don't give PDBs, buddy.
Have we met? I didn't know we were buddies! Coffee is brewing on my AS1238 LAX-PVR flight this morning. Upgraded on a W fare from a prior JL award.

James enjoying coffee before flight in Los Angeles.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:44 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by osubeavers01
Adding a “where is my plane now” feature so that I don’t have to toggle over to my Flight Aware app. If my flight is delayed, the first thing I check is the progress of the incoming aircraft
AA has this feature, but hilariously they often don’t use it to update delay times. So the app will say departing “now” while you can plainly see 1 click away your plane is in fact still in the air an hour away.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by jjmadison
#1 booking with AS wallet in-app. It's annoying to have to always book on desktop.
#2 canceling a flight in-app.
yes! Totally agree about the AS-Wallet
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by _fx

AA has this feature, but hilariously they often don’t use it to update delay times. So the app will say departing “now” while you can plainly see 1 click away your plane is in fact still in the air an hour away.
the United app has had this for years and it works great. Especially considering you can track the flight when onboard an Alaska flt, tracking on the ground should be so hard!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by williwaw
+1 bag tracking
+2

i don’t check bags all that often, and I rarely fly AA, but the other day I had a three leg trip to Europe with AS the first flight and then two AA segments. And the connections were a bit tighter than I had hoped due to weather. It was very nice and comforting to be able to check the bag status in the AA app while waiting at the gate to board the next flight or sitting aboard.
williwaw likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by ASA_1
I recently messaged Alaska via FB messenger to ask about a bug in the Alaska app I encountered. They said they'd forward my comment to the IT team, and more interestingly they said a refresh of the app was on the list for 2019. With that said, what's on your wish list for improvements and new functions in the "refreshed" Alaska App?

My wish list:
  • checked bag tracking
  • Providing the baggage carousel number after landing
  • Make it easier to filter on upgrade fare types when looking to book a reservation
  • On the Book a Flight menu, make the Depart and Return fields one field/ selection (like the united app).
Thanks for starting this thread. Many helpful improvements for the app have been suggested. I like them all. There has been a remarkable lack of disagreement in this thread.

My priorities would be for what I would use most often: tracking inbound plane so I don't go to the gate too early or have to go to a second app, on-device beverage/snack ordering, full access to mywallet, and baggage tracking with accurate carousel notifications.

I emphasize that all suggestions have appeal to me.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
duplicate the “Next flight” and “Continue” buttons at the top of the seat map display ... on an itinerary involving connections, this eliminates scrolling thru the entire length of the plane to get to the seat map for the next flight, or to lock in selections

concur 100% with ability to use “My Wallet” in the app; also would like the ability to use Miles & Money
JPat likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Have we met? I didn't know we were buddies! Coffee is brewing on my AS1238 LAX-PVR flight this morning. Upgraded on a W fare from a prior JL award.

James enjoying coffee before flight in Los Angeles.

Maybe we have! Maybe not! I do not know!

Regardless, coffee alone does not constitute a PDB.

What do you mean, if I may ask, by "upgraded on a W fare" (on LAX-PVR) "from a prior JL award".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.