Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2 flights in a row without Precheck, despite Global Entry # in profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

This is annoying and weird

I chalked up Saturday's flight w/o PreCheck to randomness.

But I just checked in for tomorrow's flight and once again no PreCheck despite my Trusted Traveler/Global Entry # being in my profile.

I do note that on the my profile page on Alaska's website that the TT # no longer shows the whole thing (which it always used to) but simply shows **31

Help! Any ideas?

ETA: I just talked to a Phoenix-based Alaska CSR who told me that they had been told that there is currently some glitch in the system and that if one doesn't get PreCheck despite having a TT #, you will have to call and it will have to "manually" be added to that particular itinerary, but it won't necessarily carry over to any following ones. After she took my number out and put it into the PNR, I re-checked and indeed now have PreCheck

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 25, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by cblaisd
This is annoying and weird

I chalked up Saturday's flight w/o PreCheck to randomness.

But I just checked in for tomorrow's flight and once again no PreCheck despite my Trusted Traveler/Global Entry # being in my profile.

I do note that on the my profile page on Alaska's website that the TT # no longer shows the whole thing (which it always used to) but simply shows **31

Help! Any ideas?
Try sending a DM to TSA on Twitter (@askTSA)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...&postcount=201
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel

Try sending a DM to TSA on Twitter (@askTSA)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...&postcount=201
Good to know. I've never personally had much look with TSA via Twitter; mostly get unhelpful boilerplate answers. Maybe they've gotten better.

See my "ETA" in my post which I was writing at the same time you were.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Also, know that just because your KTN is in your profile, it doesn't mean it is saved to your reservation.

If you book a flight through a third party and don't add it, it will NOT be associated with your reservation.
lalala likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by cblaisd
...ETA: I just talked to a Phoenix-based Alaska CSR who told me that they had been told that there is currently some glitch in the system and that if one doesn't get PreCheck despite having a TT #, you will have to call and it will have to "manually" be added to that particular itinerary, but it won't necessarily carry over to any following ones. After she took my number out and put it into the PNR, I re-checked and indeed now have PreCheck
Thanks for the heads up. Just to clarify, are you saying she removed the TT# that was already in the PNR and then entered the one you gave her? I want to make sure I can clearly explain what I need to a CSR if this happens to me. PreCheck is an important part of allowing me to maintain my sunny disposition while traveling.

BTW: I'm old school so ETA has always meant Estimated Time of Arrival to me. I actually had to do a search to discover that it also means Edited To Add nowadays. Live and learn.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
BTW: I'm old school so ETA has always meant Estimated Time of Arrival to me. I actually had to do a search to discover that it also means Edited To Add nowadays. Live and learn.
OT, I know i'm getting old because I text in complete sentences. I still just type out *edit* on FT
Baze likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up. Just to clarify, are you saying she removed the TT# that was already in the PNR and then entered the one you gave her? I want to make sure I can clearly explain what I need to a CSR if this happens to me.
Yes. Even though the two numbers were exactly the same.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Appropriately ETA is also used to mean an Electronic Travel Authority. 😁

I am currently on AS611 LAS-SEA. My KTN didn't make it to the reservation as well. It could be that it was a name change for one party on the return portion of a companion certificate itinerary. None the less, I just waited untiI I checked my baggage in at LAS and had the Agent update the reservation and print boarding passes. Both parties on the reservation received TSA Pre.

Calling in for me has also worked, but not everytime especially if it an international itinerary. As a last resort an agent at the airport works too.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Apr 25, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Appropriately ETA is also used to mean an Electronic Travel Authority. 😁...
Great. Back to Google I go to find out what that is...

Thanks for letting us know it worked at check-in for you. In the old days I thought the TSA had to says thumbs up or down some period of time in advance. Nice to know check-in can be soon enough.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Great. Back to Google I go to find out what that is...

Thanks for letting us know it worked at check-in for you. In the old days I thought the TSA had to says thumbs up or down some period of time in advance. Nice to know check-in can be soon enough.
I've added my KTN to a reservation after check-in by re-checking in on the mobile app while I'm standing right at the TSA PreCheck line at SeaTac. The boarding card comes back immediately with PreCheck on it.

I do believe that early in the program it was some sort of advance time required, but these days it's instant.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80
I've added my KTN to a reservation after check-in by re-checking in on the mobile app while I'm standing right at the TSA PreCheck line at SeaTac. The boarding card comes back immediately with PreCheck on it.

I do believe that early in the program it was some sort of advance time required, but these days it's instant.
Indeed that usually works too as well as if the reservation is updated by an agent via a phone call. I have done that too when my KTN from my online account didn't populate to the reservation. In my particular instance today it did not update in the app when checking in again and requested I see an agent, most likely because one party in the reservation required wheelchair assistance to the aircraft.

James
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:01 am
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Make sure your KTN is in your profile/on your reservation. If that doesn't work consider a reddress number
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Warning- TSA Pre Status No Showing

This morning I showed up at the airport and was about to enter the Pre line when I noticed my online boarding pass did not show my Pre status. It has always shown 100% of the time in the past. Talked to a counter agent and she said that unless I knew the number there was nothing she could do, despite it being in my AS profile. Luckily I am always early “just in case” but others should be aware and double check your boarding pass.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This has nothing to do with AS and should be moved to the approrpriate forum. Hopefully a Mod will do so.

While an air carrier's printer may physically print (or app display) the Pre-Check logo, the process by which a TTP participant is included or excluded on a particular segment is a Homeland (TSA) process. This could have been DL or BA.
JacksonFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I find my Pre-check is 99.5% on UA and 75% or less on AS. I fly less on DL but that is closer to 90%.

Although TSA (or TSA computer) decides whether we get the access I believe my track record shows something with AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.