Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LeeEddie
Curious....
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
1/25 PHX-SEA 810a departure: I have no clue what was served. I was asleep for 2/3 of the flight. Of course, when I was awake, the FA picked up my seat mate's trash and walked away. He didn't say a peep to me when I was awake. I know I'm grumpy before I get coffee (not airplane coffee), but I'm not THAT grumpy.

1/26 PDX-LAX 355p departure: Hot turkey sandwich, chips and a packaged Dancing Deer thing. It smelled good but the bread looked cheaper than I've seen before. Guess that ciabatta is gone.

Will be interesting to see this "hybrid VX style F service" they're going to offer. Whatever that means.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by LeeEddie
Curious, did your flight on E175 have the entertainment tablets? I will be flying FC PDX/DAL on E175 and was assured that tablets were provided. It would help to know whether to bring my own or not.
You know, I did PDX-DAL in December, and I honestly don't remember the tablets.
I could be completely wrong- I fell asleep pretty quickly after breakfast. But I stayed awake for breakfast, and I sure don't remember being offered a tablet.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date: 22 Jan
Flight number and route: AS674 SEA-DEN
Time of departure: 6:00am
Length of flight: ~2.5 hours
Class of service: F
Meal description: Breakfast, asparagus quiche (with a fair amount of broccoli too), chicken sausage, and fruit. Other option was yogurt/granola.
Comments: I always seem to get under-ripe fruit but it was perfect this time. At least coffee would have been nice for a PDB given departure time and N12 gate, but oh well....
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Date: 22 Jan
Flight number and route: AS674 SEA-DEN
Time of departure: 6:00am
Length of flight: ~2.5 hours
Class of service: F
Meal description: Breakfast, asparagus quiche (with a fair amount of broccoli too), chicken sausage, and fruit. Other option was yogurt/granola.
Comments: I always seem to get under-ripe fruit but it was perfect this time. At least coffee would have been nice for a PDB given departure time and N12 gate, but oh well....
There was broccoli? Jealous...
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Starting from post 30 (21 posts back) there are only three posts that actually provide a proper description of the meal served.
Two posts were questions about what might be served.

The other 16 (including this one) are just meal related commentary and/or idle chit chat that's probably better served in the Bored Room thread

If I had never flown Alaska before and was curious about what I might expect to be served on my upcoming First Class flight, I reckon I'd get more than a bit frustrated trying to find much in the way of real, focused information off this thread about the subject matter it purports to represent.
flyupfrnt likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Date of Flight: January 25, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 133 SEA-FAI
Time of Departure: 9:35pm
Length of flight: 4:18
Class of service: First
Meal served: Snack-"Protein Plate"
Meal Description: One stuffed grape leaf, half an egg, Cheddar cheese wedge, Mozzarella Cheese mini balls, grapes, olives & a mini-ramekin of cold nuts on the side (the Sliced Turkey rolled up was missing)
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Date of Flight: January 26, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 162 FAI-ANC
Time of Departure: 5:40 am
Length of flight: 48 minutes
Class of service: First
Meal served: nothing (juice & coffee pre-departure)
Meal Description: not even Biscoffs, just one round of drinks
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog
1/25 PHX-SEA 810a departure: I have no clue what was served. I was asleep for 2/3 of the flight. Of course, when I was awake, the FA picked up my seat mate's trash and walked away. He didn't say a peep to me when I was awake. I know I'm grumpy before I get coffee (not airplane coffee), but I'm not THAT grumpy.

1/26 PDX-LAX 355p departure: Hot turkey sandwich, chips and a packaged Dancing Deer thing. It smelled good but the bread looked cheaper than I've seen before. Guess that ciabatta is gone.

Will be interesting to see this "hybrid VX style F service" they're going to offer. Whatever that means.
If I would have known you were on my flight to LAX last Friday, I would have had you send your turkey sandwich back to me in row 17
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Date: Jan. 29, 2018
Route: LAX-PDX
Flight Number: 503
Departure time: 10:20 a.m.
Meal served: Snack
Meal description: Fruit and cheese plate. Like an old friend! It actually was the perfect amount of food for the time of day and length of flight. The flight attendant (named Jim, I believe) was excellent and had us smiling all the way to Portland.

Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: 682
Departure time: 3:40 p.m.

Meal served: Lunch
Meal description: Turkey and brie sandwich, served warm on sourdough bread. Came with coleslaw and a bag of Jim's kettle chips, plus a Dancing Deer sweet lemon square. Nice, friendly crew. I enjoyed the meal, although I wish Biscoff were not served with afternoon drinks/cocktails. They just don't belong.

Last edited by Kurt; Jan 30, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:11 pm

That sandwich actually looks pretty good, especially for being on a plane! I just wish they would offer that as a vegetarian option of just grilled cheese instead of the chicken... slap on a slice of cheddar to go with the brie or something and you're set. It would be so easy for the suppliers to do and would give a nice option to customers that don't eat meat... but I'm sure no one at AS thought about that....
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Legend717
You know, I did PDX-DAL in December, and I honestly don't remember the tablets.
I could be completely wrong- I fell asleep pretty quickly after breakfast. But I stayed awake for breakfast, and I sure don't remember being offered a tablet.
AS was pretty clear about the fact that there would be no tablets on the E175 flights, even the ones with extra storage space (ie, the QX operated E175s). As for the glassware, there have been reports of glassware showing up on the Skywest operated E175 flights, but I flew two flights last weekend in F and had plastic or paper cups (still no glassware). I heard that they just didn't have the space for the glassware on the Skywest flights due to a closet taking up space in the galley area. I really do wish they would consider adding the tablets at least for the F cabin, but we'll see....
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
AS was pretty clear about the fact that there would be no tablets on the E175 flights, even the ones with extra storage space (ie, the QX operated E175s). As for the glassware, there have been reports of glassware showing up on the Skywest operated E175 flights, but I flew two flights last weekend in F and had plastic or paper cups (still no glassware). I heard that they just didn't have the space for the glassware on the Skywest flights due to a closet taking up space in the galley area. I really do wish they would consider adding the tablets at least for the F cabin, but we'll see....
Allow me to respond to your response to my response...
On the same flight (PDX-DAL), I DEFINITELY do remember the glassware.
No tablets, but I was pleasantly surprised to get glass cups, etc.
And I'm not sure that I buy the "there's no room" explanation; SkyWest uses glassware on the United Express flights in first. So why couldn't they for Alaska?
In any event, it was indeed SkyWest, and we did indeed have glassware ex-PDX.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: 682
Departure time: 3:40 p.m.

Meal served: Lunch
Meal description: Turkey and brie sandwich, served warm on sourdough bread. Came with coleslaw and a bag of Jim's kettle chips, plus a Dancing Deer sweet lemon square. Nice, friendly crew. I enjoyed the meal, although I wish Biscoff were not served with afternoon drinks/cocktails. They just don't belong.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, what an amazing lunch, but still odd to have lunch on a 340pm departure and having this meal served close to 5 pm. But looks good, I also like that the sandwich was heated separately from the coleslaw. When did AS state serving Dancing Deer? Are they following DL with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.