Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Odd meal, but one I'd probably eat....what's the white sauce in the dish? Could it actually be ranch dressing that I can't ever remember seeing even once served with a salad on Alaska? I've also never seen 1000 Island...trust me, I like boring salads over salads that are over-the-top "fancy", but this has got to be one of the more basic ones I've seen on AS....
It looks like ranch to me
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Odd meal, but one I'd probably eat....what's the white sauce in the dish? Could it actually be ranch dressing that I can't ever remember seeing even once served with a salad on Alaska? I've also never seen 1000 Island...trust me, I like boring salads over salads that are over-the-top "fancy", but this has got to be one of the more basic ones I've seen on AS....
The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was falafel. The sauce looks like it's got dill and possibly cucumber in it. If so, maybe it's like a tahini sauce. What say you, Mr. B?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was falafel. The sauce looks like it's got dill and possibly cucumber in it. If so, maybe it's like a tahini sauce. What say you, Mr. B?
I don't think tahini would have dill or cucumber in it. Could you be referring to tzatziki? That's what it looks like to me.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Calculon
I don't think tahini would have dill or cucumber in it. Could you be referring to tzatziki? That's what it looks like to me.
Looks like tzatziki to me.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Yes indeed. Tzatziki it is. Sorry - I need to eat more falafel!
Calculon likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:41 pm

Date of Flight: January 28, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 743 SLC - SFO
Time of Departure: 7:20 AM
Length of flight: 1:30
Class of service: First
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Croissant and egg salad with veggies to make a sandwich. Fruit bowl on the side.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by inkling
Date of Flight: January 28, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 743 SLC - SFO
Time of Departure: 7:20 AM
Meal Description: Croissant and egg salad with veggies to make a sandwich. Fruit bowl on the side.
Was it filling?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by seahawks10177
Was it filling?
Yes, it could be substituted for a light breakfast.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by inkling
Yes, it could be substituted for a light breakfast.
Thats good to hear!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I should have known it wasn't ranch....not on AS.....lol. I was first introduced to falafel years ago when flying from SLC-PDX in F with my wife and we were told the meal was falafel and although I've had my share of Gyros over the years, neither of us had ever heard of falafel....was it a sandwich? a soup? pasta? Nope....it was none of those things....needless to say, we were both disappointed and I would have preferred a Gyro which I've never seen served on any airline
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I should have known it wasn't ranch....not on AS.....lol. I was first introduced to falafel years ago when flying from SLC-PDX in F with my wife and we were told the meal was falafel and although I've had my share of Gyros over the years, neither of us had ever heard of falafel....was it a sandwich? a soup? pasta? Nope....it was none of those things....needless to say, we were both disappointed and I would have preferred a Gyro which I've never seen served on any airline
Well, based on the photo above, they’re getting close to what you want. I think that plate only needs rotisserie meat to be a gyro.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
wow, that looks pretty tasty!
It was.

I think the veggies were to be used with the pitas.

It looks like ranch to me
Not quite.

Tahni would add an interesting twist I was thinking it was falafal at first too, but was a rich animal based protein ball instead ^

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Looks like tzatziki to me.
Winner(s)!

Falafal King in ANC when open makes a mean falafal!

I'd take a gyros. We have the Bánh mě already...

Well, based on the photo above, they’re getting close to what you want. I think that plate only needs rotisserie meat to be a gyro.
A bigger pita too

Was overall surprised by this... and on an OO flight. Was dreading another quiche
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date of Flight: February 13, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 95 SEA-ANC
Time of Departure: 8:55 PM
Length of flight: 3:30
Meal Description: Chicken
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:42 pm

Date of Flight: February 12, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 774 SEA-AUS
Time of Departure: 11:20 PM
Length of flight: 3:30
Meal Description: Salami and Caprese Salad
@violist, some competition has arrived.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:50 pm

Date of Flight: February 13, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 259 SJC-SEA
Meal Description: Tomato Quiche

Last edited by beckoa; Feb 14, 2018 at 10:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.