Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Date of Flight: January 10, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 749 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 10:45am
Length of flight: 2:30
Class of service: First
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: Salad of quinoa, baby spinach and grilled chicken breast with Caesar dressing. Accompanied by dinner roll (no butter) and brownie

Additional Comments: For a flight of this length, I thought this was a pretty good lunch (by post 1985 standards). Attentive service from the FA and nicely cooked (not over-cooked or dry) chicken.
Just be grateful that Aruglia hasn't been the salad of choice like it is on DL or AA.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just be grateful that Aruglia hasn't been the salad of choice like it is on DL or AA.
Actually arugula (aka Dandelion leaves) has been the salad of choice on quite a few AS flights, mainly on transcon flights.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Flight Number and Route flown: AS 117 SEA-FAI
Time of Departure: 7:54pm
Length of flight: 3:30
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Mushroom Ravioli with stewed zucchini, squash and side salad. Brownie dessert.
Additional Comments: Not bad, not bad... I'd rather some protein with my dinner but this was okay. A large side packet of Parmesan cheese would've been appreciated, as would a dinner roll with butter.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 193 LAX-ANC
Time of Departure: 11:35pm
Length of flight: 5:18
Meal served: Snack-"Protein Plate"
Meal Description: Sliced Turkey rolled up, one stuffed grape leaf, half an egg, Cheddar cheese wedge, Mozzarella Cheese mini balls, grapes, olives & a mini-ramekin of cold nuts on the side.
Additional Comments: Cabin was too dark for photos. Snack was quite tasty and enough for me as I was more interested in sleeping
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
half an egg
And this is why AS will always have an even number of seats in the F cabin.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And this is why AS will always have an even number of seats in the F cabin.
but it was a special egg. It had paprika on it.....
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador

AS 404 SEA-LAX 6:00 am Departure 1/18/18

Water at seat upon boarding. Orders taken in Air. Service was efficient and friendly. Several Bloody Mary’s enjoyed.

​​​​​​​Spinach & Feta Frittata (Actually was Brocolli) with a roasted 1/2 Tomato
2 Delicious Sausage Links & Fantastic Ripened fruit (Watermelon, Orange & Pineapple) Super tasty.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Jan 31, 2018 at 12:44 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​AS268 LAX-LTO 10:19am departure. 1/18/18

Water at Seat upon Boarding. Order taken once Airborne. Great Service and Several rounds of refills.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Spinach Dip w/ 3 little pita rounds, Carrots, Julienne red peppers, Cucumber Spears and a Chocolate on the Side.

Not very filling but quite tasty.

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Jan 31, 2018 at 12:42 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by BOB W
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 193 LAX-ANC
Time of Departure: 11:35pm
Length of flight: 5:18
Meal served: Snack-"Protein Plate"
Meal Description: Sliced Turkey rolled up, one stuffed grape leaf, half an egg, Cheddar cheese wedge, Mozzarella Cheese mini balls, grapes, olives & a mini-ramekin of cold nuts on the side.
Additional Comments: Cabin was too dark for photos. Snack was quite tasty and enough for me as I was more interested in sleeping
Probably what I should expect on my redeye OGG>SEA next month?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Probably what I should expect on my redeye OGG>SEA next month?
The Hawaii red-eye snacks have generally been less substantial than other red-eyes...expect a small fruit and cheese plate.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
1/16 PHX-SEA 645a departure: the choice is back on this flight. Granola or some sort of egg thing. A quiche or something. I was asleep for the first 90 minutes of the flight so I missed the description. I did try the granola and there must have been something wrong with the batch because I found a hunk of sugar that was the size of a silver dollar. Not sure what happened or if someone at the granola factory was asleep during the manufacturing process. Needless to say I just ate the fruit (which probably contained as much sugar as the granola).

1/16 SEA-YYC 10a departure: Snack basket on the QX E175. This flight used to get that spinach dip snack thing. Not sure if it was a mis cater or if they’ve changed the service standards.

Excellent FAs on both flights. The QX guy working first was exceptional and thanked everyone personally for flying with them.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Fri 19 Jan
AS469, LAX-SEA (1610 departure)

see Seat 2A’s post (# 18) above ... I had already decided to pass on dinner after SDCing to this earlier flight; soup and salad in the Alaska Lounge made a more than adequate substitute
​​​​​​​
as much as I like Biscoff cookies, they absolutely **DO NOT GO** with cocktails

lalala likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 19, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by PDXPremier

The Hawaii red-eye snacks have generally been less substantial than other red-eyes...expect a small fruit and cheese plate.
I was going to say dolphin tears and underripe papaya. I would hope it would more like a protein plate. Do they cater the fruit and cheese in ex-Hawaii? I'm flying HNL-SEA next week, so I'll update this thread.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lalala
I was going to say dolphin tears and underripe papaya. I would hope it would more like a protein plate. Do they cater the fruit and cheese in ex-Hawaii? I'm flying HNL-SEA next week, so I'll update this thread.
If you go back to the reports in 2017 and 2016, the Hawaii red-eyes are all fruit and cheese...nothing like the red-eye meals on transcon or ANC redeyes....the only protein you'll likely get is the cheese
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, Hertz PC
SEA-IAH on Monday we had grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches, along with a cabbage salad. It was pretty tasty.

Last edited by captobie; Jan 21, 2018 at 11:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.