Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by captobie
SEA-IAH on Monday we had grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches, along with a cabbage salad. It was pretty tasty.
Based upon past reports, the catering out of Seattle would appear to be better than that offered out of Houston. I look forward to hearing what you're served on the return.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flying tomorrow SJC-HNL departing at 9:05 AM on AS metal. Any idea what F meal we will get? Breakfast? Lunch? What the actual food will be?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Based upon past reports, the catering out of Seattle would appear to be better than that offered out of Houston. I look forward to hearing what you're served on the return.
I didn't eat the return meal, I decided not to chance it and had dinner at the airport. Turned out, that was a pretty good plan. It was some sort of beef over something, maybe rice, but it didn't sound very appetizing when offered, and when I saw what the person sitting next to me got I was glad I passed. It looked rather disgusting and didn't smell very good either. But at least the warm cookies were good.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS, QF, SK
AS16 SEA>MCO 8am route back on the 7th.

Granola.

Full fare F transcon. Granola.

Well, nobody can say I didn't give AS another shot.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Quintious

Granola.

There wasn't an option?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS, QF, SK
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
There wasn't an option?
It's possible that the first two rows had some sort of option. We weren't given one - we were asked if we wanted granola.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

Granola.

I agree. Granola should be a coach BOB offering, available as an option to the front.

But take a look at the preorder Alaska blog post. People like having that little snack as the sole menu item, despite being able to pick up granola & yogurt at any grab & go shop before boarding unlike a hot full meal in the air.

Please do fill out the Alaska Listens survey with both barrels.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:22 am

Granola.

Why didn't you pre-order to avoid a lackluster choice?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you go back to the reports in 2017 and 2016, the Hawaii red-eyes are all fruit and cheese...nothing like the red-eye meals on transcon or ANC redeyes....the only protein you'll likely get is the cheese
nuts, fruit and cheese. I slept through the service but TH was awake. I miss the scone/fruit before landing, but I guess we should be happy that we get blankets now instead of food.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lalala

nuts, fruit and cheese. I slept through the service but TH was awake. I miss the scone/fruit before landing, but I guess we should be happy that we get blankets now instead of food.
I honestly forgot about the pre-arrival scone
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AS
Does Alaska Listen even make a difference now? Just off a flight, First Class where tray table was broken and had to balance tray on lap. FA do not seem to care , that much. Are AS staff even responding to problems on flights now? I get the feeling, everyone is laying low for the next few months while the integration of VX takes place.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Does Alaska Listen even make a difference now? Just off a flight, First Class where tray table was broken and had to balance tray on lap. FA do not seem to care , that much. Are AS staff even responding to problems on flights now? I get the feeling, everyone is laying low for the next few months while the integration of VX takes place.
In theory, there is a team that is integrating VX with AS so the day to day routine operation shouldn't be impacted, but with the problems that HP-US had, CO-UA had I'm sure AS will have problems too.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by pcoll
AS seems to be listening yes.

But for broken equipment, I'd ensure the FA writes down the issue, as reporting this online after won't necessarily lead to a resolution.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS G75K
Flying SEA-STL next week and back to SEA after a few days...any idea what the catering will be?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I had glassware on SEA - MKE, which is a OO flight. Pretty sure I had it on a PDX - AUS flight earlier this year too.
Curious, did your flight on E175 have the entertainment tablets? I will be flying FC PDX/DAL on E175 and was assured that tablets were provided. It would help to know whether to bring my own or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.