Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by rune87
Interesting. I wonder if that was contained to the UK or EU, or likely a temporary glitch? Whichever it was, it's long gone now. Just the usual suspects come up (all Condor outbound, AS/EK return, along with BA), but no SQ.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by rune87
This is evidence that (at minimum) Alaska has been working on Singapore awards. I’ll take it as good news, but I’m still not holding my breath for Singapore awards to be added soon.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even more interesting than being and to book SQ... being able to mix partners on a single award?

Edit: this IS still showing up... the key is that you must request a stopover or it wont work

Last edited by VegasGambler; Apr 11, 2019 at 4:01 am
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Even more interesting than being and to book SQ... being able to mix partners on a single award?

Edit: this IS still showing up... the key is that you must request a stopover or it wont work
Curious, on the mixed cabin, does SQ show up at all as the J partner award on there?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by safari ari
Curious, on the mixed cabin, does SQ show up at all as the J partner award on there?
it shows as SQ Y, SQ Y and Condor J
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
it shows as SQ Y, SQ Y and Condor J
So SQ Y on an eastbound redeye, followed by a 6500 mile Y flight. Good times. At least you have time to grab a shower, and if you want to do the later flight you have plenty of time to go in and grab some chicken rice, chili crab, or whatever street food you'd like, maybe even crash for a few hours.
wolfpacktrojan likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I'm hopeful that this is a sign of progress... hard to imagine it's a total fluke. Maybe they just wanted to release some obscure route to test the waters, make sure systems are integrated, etc.

I'd love to redeem some day to experience their higher end products... for now I'll have to settle on paying for premium economy to check them out (unless i can do their bidding process into business)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So SQ Y on an eastbound redeye, followed by a 6500 mile Y flight. Good times. At least you have time to grab a shower, and if you want to do the later flight you have plenty of time to go in and grab some chicken rice, chili crab, or whatever street food you'd like, maybe even crash for a few hours.
If I HAD to fly Y a long distance, there are much worse options than SQ.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

mmmm, chili crab *drool*
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan
If I HAD to fly Y a long distance, there are much worse options than SQ.
The thing is you're adding about 3500 miles of travel with that itinerary, plus a multi-hour layover. I don't know about you, but NOBODY's Y product is worth is worth adding a short overnight redeye and turning a 10ish hour nonstop into a ~24 hour backtrack. Y is still Y, even if SQ is better than DE.

Now, I realize this is FT, where there are people who would probably fly JFK to LAX through SYD, EZE, JNB and DME if it would get them status or Krug and showers, and there are probably even some people that would find that routing appealing as a Y passenger because they love airplanes, but... CX J MLE-HKG-SEA-CUN (last leg AS F)? 50k. 5k less than flying SQ Y/DE J. And the CX J hard product might be a BIT better than SQ Y.
jinglish likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 11, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is that itinerary actually bookable? Will it ticket? I assume it's just in as a specific test case while they work out details of communicating with SQ's system.

Again, two partners on one award is generally not allowed.
CDKing likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by nearlysober
I'm hopeful that this is a sign of progress... hard to imagine it's a total fluke. Maybe they just wanted to release some obscure route to test the waters, make sure systems are integrated, etc.

I'd love to redeem some day to experience their higher end products... for now I'll have to settle on paying for premium economy to check them out (unless i can do their bidding process into business)
Dont get too excited if you are planning on flying SQ J or F with Alaska miles - it is unlikely to ever be available with the exception of regional J awards.

If this is something you really want to do, you’d be better collecting Amex MR, Chase UR, or Citi ThankYou points.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bretmd
Dont get too excited if you are planning on flying SQ J or F with Alaska miles - it is unlikely to ever be available with the exception of regional J awards.

If this is something you really want to do, you’d be better collecting Amex MR, Chase UR, or Citi ThankYou points.
SQ KF is transfer partners with Capital One too. Given that there are FOUR transfer partners and seemingly half the FT universe is only interested in AS MP as a piggybank for a way to fly someone else in a premium cabin... use KF as the piggybank?

Also, SQ Y+ to SE Asia is often reasonably priced enough that a 40k one-way redemption/80k r/t with AS miles might only yield you 2 CPM savings, before you consider the AS earning. I have a hard time seeing AS putting Y below 30k one way, Y+ much below 40k. SQ Y+ might be interesting if the redemption prices in AS miles for Y+ USA-Australia weren't terrible. SEA-SIN as a daytime flight, decent stopover, SIN-Australia in Y+ as a daytime flight? That might be OK- if there was actual availability.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

[...]

Now, I realize this is FT, where there are people who would probably fly JFK to LAX through SYD, EZE, JNB and DME if it would get them status or Krug and showers, and there are probably even some people that would find that routing appealing as a Y passenger because they love airplanes, but... CX J MLE-HKG-SEA-CUN (last leg AS F)? 50k. 5k less than flying SQ Y/DE J. And the CX J hard product might be a BIT better than SQ Y.
Really??? Are there people who love flying for fun? I am not adverse to flying Y but flying SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT for $285 a pop in J is fun too. I flew KGL-NBO-JNB on KQ today in J for $400 and no credit to MP, but my BA flight JNB-CPT earns 500 EQM. NBO-JNB 787-8 with 30 lie-flat seats had 6 in J. KGL-NBO on an E190. BA6043 CPT-JNB was on a 738 with 24F. Nothing better than being in the middle seat in F when your knees are up against the seat in front of you. Y with a choice of hot meal with wine was perfectly fine for a 1h 45m wheels up, wheels down flight.

I flew SYD-HKG on QF A330 in Y and decided to move to a seat on the isle of the middle 4. Once selected, the other three seats were blocked off. I had 4 seats, four blankets & 4 pillows all to myself. No Krug needed for my Y lie-flat. It did appear that available seats for selection were being shown dynamically.

James in Capetown
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Really??? Are there people who love flying for fun? I am not adverse to flying Y but flying SCL-MAD-DXB-ICN-HKG-NRT for $285 a pop in J is fun too. I flew KGL-NBO-JNB on KQ today in J for $400 and no credit to MP, but my BA flight JNB-CPT earns 500 EQM. NBO-JNB 787-8 with 30 lie-flat seats had 6 in J. KGL-NBO on an E190. BA6043 CPT-JNB was on a 738 with 24F. Nothing better than being in the middle seat in F when your knees are up against the seat in front of you. Y with a choice of hot meal with wine was perfectly fine for a 1h 45m wheels up, wheels down flight.

I flew SYD-HKG on QF A330 in Y and decided to move to a seat on the isle of the middle 4. Once selected, the other three seats were blocked off. I had 4 seats, four blankets & 4 pillows all to myself. No Krug needed for my Y lie-flat. It did appear that available seats for selection were being shown dynamically.

James in Capetown
None of this is as relevant as you seem to think it is.
Jma12, milypan, Kacee and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.