Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Two months since my trip, still no miles posted. Retro-credit was requested 5/31/2022.

Anyone else still waiting for Condor (or other partner) mileage credit?
Did you try to follow up with them again? I know this does not help, but when I flew with Condor in May, I gave my AS# at check in at SEA/FRA and got credited within one week.
notquiteaff and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Did you try to follow up with them again? I know this does not help, but when I flew with Condor in May, I gave my AS# at check in at SEA/FRA and got credited within one week.
i also got credited within one week on the flight over to FRA. It’s a nice bump in EQM!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I haven’t because the auto-reply with the case reference number stated “Please allow up to 8 weeks for Partner credit requests to be posted to your account.”

It hasn’t been 8 weeks yet since I submitted the retro request (exactly six weeks today), and I suspect they (or Condor, or both) are just understaffed and piling on more emails may just be counted productive.

Still, it’s frustrating.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Two months since my trip, still no miles posted. Retro-credit was requested 5/31/2022.

Anyone else still waiting for Condor (or other partner) mileage credit?
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my SEA-FRA flight on April 14 to post. Finally got a response from Alaska on June 3, saying they submitted my info to Condor for them to verify, and to expect miles to post in 6-8 weeks. Everyone is swamped.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:25 pm

I haven’t because the auto-reply with the case reference number stated “Please allow up to 8 weeks for Partner credit requests to be posted to your account.”

It hasn’t been 8 weeks yet since I submitted the retro request (exactly six weeks today), and I suspect they (or Condor, or both) are just understaffed and piling on more emails may just be counted productive.

Still, it’s frustrating.
Yes, good luck and hope you get your miles soon. I am planning 2 trips next year, Feb/Mar with Condor, and hope I do not run into any issues.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Condor is great if you are going to FRA but from there you are pretty much on your own if you want to connect anywhere (at least on an award).
Originally Posted by frankvb
Agreed. A few times I did get a rental car in FRA in order to drive to the Netherlands and Scandinavia. At the time rental cars were significantly cheaper in Germany so it worked out as long as you're going on a longer trip.
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You can get to FRA on Sundays/Tuesdays/Fridays. Then you would need to buy a train/plane ticket to get the rest of the way. Lufthansa has cancelled the contract to connect passengers to Condor after 31 May. They have a pending legal case to resolve the dispute but it is anybody's guess as to when that will be resolved.
Has anyone ever done a Rail&Fly add-on? It seems like a very economical option for onwards travel within Germany.

If I am reading this correctly, the add-on is merely a fixed-price voucher (and you select 1st or 2nd class) which can then be used on virtually any DB-operated itinerary within Germany, including IC/ICE trains. A 2nd class voucher is about 30, which strikes me as a great value when a DB trip is easily €60, €80, or more (depending on a variety of factors of course).

Is it really as simple as that? (Also seems impossible to add-on for AS issued awards, so that's a pity.)

Originally Posted by jiburi
IFE or not, Condor provides the best award travel value for Europe Travel. Glad to have them as an option.

Jiburi
For awards or for revenue tickets?

Originally Posted by ashill
Do Condor economy awards with Alaska miles book as "Economy" or "Economy Light"? I can't find any way to tell. [...]
I called Condor's call center and am now fairly certain it books as "Economy," which they call "Economy Classic," (and AS would call "Main"). Hope that helps.
notquiteaff and ashill like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Has anyone ever done a Rail&Fly add-on? It seems like a very economical option for onwards travel within Germany.

If I am reading this correctly, the add-on is merely a fixed-price voucher (and you select 1st or 2nd class) which can then be used on virtually any DB-operated itinerary within Germany, including IC/ICE trains. A 2nd class voucher is about 30, which strikes me as a great value when a DB trip is easily €60, €80, or more (depending on a variety of factors of course).

Is it really as simple as that? (Also seems impossible to add-on for AS issued awards, so that's a pity.)
So €30 gets you a flexible train ticket? Or is it for a specific train itinerary? Can you reserve seats?

I have taken trains from FRA, but the discount Bahn tickets are not flexible, and I have always been concerned about missing the train due to a flight delay (so I either paid more for a flexible ticket or booked a longer connection in FRA than likely needed).

(yes, probably something I can research… and will… just throwing out what comes to mind)

Edit: looks like the ticket is flexible and not tied to particular pre-reserved trains

https://www.bahn.de/service/buchung/...nd-fly-english

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jul 15, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
9€ Bahn Ticket

So €30 gets you a flexible train ticket? Or is it for a specific train itinerary? Can you reserve seats?

I have taken trains from FRA, but the discount Bahn tickets are not flexible, and I have always been concerned about missing the train due to a flight delay (so I either paid more for a flexible ticket or booked a longer connection in FRA than likely needed).

(yes, probably something I can research… and will… just throwing out what comes to mind)

Edit: looks like the ticket is flexible and not tied to particular pre-reserved trains

https://www.bahn.de/service/buchung/...nd-fly-english
Currently, Condor is the best option to Europe, knowing flight restrictions to several other European airports.

With that said, currently there is a monthly 9€ Summer covid special in Germany on non-ICE and non-IC rail, which also includes local transit. There are some exclusions but for those adventurous, you can build a network of semi-express trains to travel all over Germany using the monthly 9€ ticket. Every transit agencies including DB can issue this monthly pass. No advance purchase needed as long as you buy the ticket prior to boarding

Jiburi
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
I called Condor's call center and am now fairly certain it books as "Economy," which they call "Economy Classic," (and AS would call "Main"). Hope that helps.
Though my family didn’t check any bags so can’t be absolutely sure if they would have been charged, it certainly appeared that their Alaska award economy tickets booked as “Economy Classic”. No checked bag fee, it appeared. €12 fee to select seats even at check in; other option was to be assigned seats on boarding pass. (One parent traveling with two young kids, so we knew with certainty that the gate agent would have to seat the three of them together, which is all we care about anyway, so we didn’t pay up.) Could not get boarding passes issued online because I mistakenly used the wrong QR code for verifying vaccination status (using the BC provincial rather than Canadian federal QR code). If you have an American CDC card, I can’t imagine that could be verified online, which means no boarding pass and thus no seating assignments until the airport (unless you pay).
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebes
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my SEA-FRA flight on April 14 to post. Finally got a response from Alaska on June 3, saying they submitted my info to Condor for them to verify, and to expect miles to post in 6-8 weeks. Everyone is swamped.
I got this today (7/18) after submitting my retro credit request on 5/31:

Thank you for providing your partner flight details. We are happy to assist.

We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation. You can expect the miles for eligible travel to post within 6-8 weeks, since we need to have the partner verify eligibility and then return the approved flight information.
zebes likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So you're saying flying a DE flight for elite requalification might not be a great idea in October/November/December?
notquiteaff and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So you're saying flying a DE flight for elite requalification might not be a great idea in October/November/December?
Funny, I actually wrote pretty much that, and then deleted it as it might not impact everyone’s DE flights or they might have caught up by then. But yeah. It really would suck to do an expensive Xmas market MR in December to requalify and then not get credit until April.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:54 pm

That’s just ridiculous. I kept on it. I was 2 1/2 months after my Fiji air flights and wanting to book something with the miles for next March. I continued to write Alaska and they finally manually entered the miles. With lots of apologies, I was also granted gold status through the end of the year even though I was a couple hundred miles short of the April 30 deadline. Chasing miles for months, especially when they are part of a promo Alaska puts out, does not leave a good impression.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:28 pm

I got this today (7/18) after submitting my retro credit request on 5/31:
Very disheartening . I am going to guess 2 response . 1) They lost your original request or 2) This is an automatic reply. I would say the latter.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very disheartening . I am going to guess 2 response . 1) They lost your original request or 2) This is an automatic reply. I would say the latter.
No, I got an automated response back in May when I submitted the retro credit request, and my request went into a queue. Today an agent finally picked up my request and performed the first step to process it - requesting confirmation from DE.
minhaoxue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.