Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I had them as my Alaska mp info when I checked in, not sure if they can do it at the podium at the gate. Probably. Still waiting for my miles to post, flight was supposed days ago so being patient.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA1K, VXgold
I tried adding my MP number to a Condor reservation during online checkin. During the check in process, it says you can enter Lufthansa Miles & More or Alaska MileagePlan to the reservation online.

When I typed in my MP number (just digits), it showed up on the reservation as "LHxxxxx". So then I went back and typed in "ASxxxxx". It then showed up as "LHASxxxxx" on the ticket. Seems like they haven't fully updated the system yet online to accept MP numbers.

So I went back in and changed it to "0" (i.e., shows as "LH0") and will try again at FRA airport checkin counter today.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I have an AS flight connecting to a Condor flight to Germany (one PNR). Can AS agents print Condor boarding passes? (hoping online checkin works, but if not, would hate to leave the secure area at PDX)
In my limited experience checking in with AS for a partner booking--just once for an EK flight--they didn't issue my EK boarding pass, but you won't have to worry about security. You can have a Condor agent print it at the gate.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by jinglish
In my limited experience checking in with AS for a partner booking--just once for an EK flight--they didn't issue my EK boarding pass, but you won't have to worry about security. You can have a Condor agent print it at the gate.
I've had Alaska print cx and ba boarding passes for me (which upon arrival in yvr I got reprinted onto the correct stock).
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I just flew VIE FRA SAN on June 19. Flew business. Food was mediocre. Seats weren't of course full lie flat but weren't bad. Cabin was pretty warm, no seat vents. Still waiting for any mileage to go into my AS account. Miles for VIE-FRA already posted to my UA account. In FRA they weren't weighing bags but were requiring passengers who didn't check in first in FRA to check in again and I overhead someone who had checked two bags to FRA being told she'd have to pay a fee for a 2nd bag or they would leave it in FRA! Sounded like she didn't have to pay a fee for 2nd bag on first flight and was told it would be checked through. They asked me if I had paid a fee for 2nd bag and I told them for business I got 2 bags on Condor...personnel on ground in FRA wasn't aware but her manager confirmed it. So be careful about that as the fees are high for a 2nd bag regardless of weight.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Does anyone know how long it takes for DE miles to post to AS account? It's been almost 2 weeks and no miles in AS account. I gave my AS number both over the phone and again at the gate in FRA.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by artieb78
When I typed in my MP number (just digits), it showed up on the reservation as "LHxxxxx". So then I went back and typed in "ASxxxxx". It then showed up as "LHASxxxxx" on the ticket. Seems like they haven't fully updated the system yet online to accept MP numbers.

So I went back in and changed it to "0" (i.e., shows as "LH0") and will try again at FRA airport checkin counter today.
The same thing happened to me.

It will be interesting to see if they can get that fixed at the airport tomorrow.

My first segment is AS, and AS' online checkin didn't work and told me I have to show my passport at the checkin counter to check in.

Originally Posted by Tenniscan
Does anyone know how long it takes for DE miles to post to AS account? It's been almost 2 weeks and no miles in AS account. I gave my AS number both over the phone and again at the gate in FRA.
No idea yet. How/when did you give them your AS #?

Anyone know what they mean by "Nationality" for destination? The nationality of the passport I will use to enter the destination country? There are two other "nationality" fields on the same page.
Attached Images  

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jul 1, 2017 at 9:53 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, UA, AA
We flew Condor FRA-SAN (connecting on LH from PRG on the same ticket) in May and are still waiting for miles to post. All the info requested by the MP service center was sent a couple of weeks ago and still nothing. For some reason Condor added "LH" to our MP numbers so not sure if that is where the problem lies. There are obviously still integration issues to be worked out.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by oceanside greg
We flew Condor FRA-SAN (connecting on LH from PRG on the same ticket) in May and are still waiting for miles to post. All the info requested by the MP service center was sent a couple of weeks ago and still nothing. For some reason Condor added "LH" to our MP numbers so not sure if that is where the problem lies. There are obviously still integration issues to be worked out.
When I tried to enter the MP number online, it added LH to it. I had them fix that at the airport; first time I used my MVPG card. Anyway, my Condor BP shows AS and my number. Hasn't posted yet, but neither has my QX operated feeder flight.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:46 pm

Finally got my miles to post after a month. Had to call Alaska and have them manually add, which required proof of itinerary as well as a snapshot of boarding pass.

In order to get my Alaska mileage number added to the reservation I had to call Condor and get them to add it. The (very helpful) Condor rep told me they were still working on adding the feature to their website (this was late May) so not sure if this has changed or not.

Really liked flying Condor though! Nonstop to Frankfurt from SeaTac was great. Next time I might upgrade to premium economy.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, LH, Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ohd1122
Really liked flying Condor though! Nonstop to Frankfurt from SeaTac was great. Next time I might upgrade to premium economy.
That's about as high as I would go with DE. I recently flew Business FRA-ANC and found it to be completely underwhelming. Lots of elbow contact with my neighbor, not enough room for feet when in lie-flat configuration, abysmal IFE selection (30 movies, really?), poor IFE functionality (IFE would light up by itself even when pax had shut it down, touchpanel would only occasionally accept input and/or be very laggy), meals were OK but not great except for the starters.

The time savings from flying FRA-ANC are hard to beat, and right now there is a 100% EQM bonus for flying DE business, but for me there just isn't enough value in it in comparison to grabbing and isle seat next to a window seat in Premium Econ.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by MeanwhileBackAtFAI
That's about as high as I would go with DE. I recently flew Business FRA-ANC and found it to be completely underwhelming. Lots of elbow contact with my neighbor, not enough room for feet when in lie-flat configuration, abysmal IFE selection (30 movies, really?), poor IFE functionality (IFE would light up by itself even when pax had shut it down, touchpanel would only occasionally accept input and/or be very laggy), meals were OK but not great except for the starters.

The time savings from flying FRA-ANC are hard to beat, and right now there is a 100% EQM bonus for flying DE business, but for me there just isn't enough value in it in comparison to grabbing and isle seat next to a window seat in Premium Econ.
Yeah, upon passing the business class seats on my way to economy I remember thinking "this is it!?". From my vantage point it didn't even look like the BC seats were lie flats but sounds like they are. Will be booking SEA>FRA soon for October and will be trying out premium economy for at least one leg. The 25% RDM/EQM cabin bonus is nice and the fare difference is only $100 one way.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delete

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jul 9, 2017 at 12:55 am Reason: Edited wrong post
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA1K, VXgold
Does anyone know how long it takes for DE miles to post to AS account?
I had my MP number added at FRA airport for DE flight. Posted automatically 7 days later.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by artieb78
I had my MP number added at FRA airport for DE flight. Posted automatically 7 days later.
Progress!

Thanks for reporting back ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.