Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Processor Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Despite what we have been told, I don't think that purchase date is accurately reflecting as a promoting factor for those reservations based on ancedotal evidence. But that being said, I don't think the waitlist process is really working correctly at all at this point. The fact that there are 3 areas of the system controlling this is insane.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Is it best to just call in when it looks like upgrades aren't happening? I'm well into the gold upgrade window for a Saturday flight that looks to have at least 4 U seats and nobody is getting an upgrade.

Update: Decided to wait until morning to call but upgrade processed during the night 10 hours after window opened. First is still half empty. The process is very inconsistent which is annoying!

Last edited by mtnsider; Feb 8, 2018 at 6:20 am
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mtnsider
Is it best to just call in when it looks like upgrades aren't happening? I'm well into the gold upgrade window for a Saturday flight that looks to have at least 4 U seats and nobody is getting an upgrade.
Cant hurt
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtnsider
sounds like at this point it's every man/woman for themselves so phone away
brizone and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
My mileage balance is showing zero and the phone system just bounced me from the queue.

Uh oh AS. Better fix the network...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

shouldn't surprise anyone who flew UA, DL, or AA amid the merger systems integration headaches. this will just be a rinse and repeat of those experiences.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
shouldn't surprise anyone who flew UA, DL, or AA amid the merger systems integration headaches. this will just be a rinse and repeat of those experiences.
AS isn't merging this in though, VX is being absorbed into AS' SABRE... I'm not convinced this is merger related.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
AS isn't merging this in though, VX is being absorbed into AS' SABRE... I'm not convinced this is merger related.
I've been told that a lot of problems I've experienced are SABRE-related (with the upgrade waitlist displays, if not the upgrade processor itself). So not surprised. And one has to wonder how motivated SABRE is to fix them on its end.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
At a minimum, I'd argue that resources that could be dedicated to fixing this are subscribed to other IT issues created by the merger. But I digress...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I am on RDU-SEA right now. Was puzzled why I did not clear (Gold 75K).

For several days, and through last night 10 hours before takeoff, there were 5 seats in FC available per the AS agent. She thought that they were holding them for paid UGs maybe...but isn't this counter to AS policy?

At that time, 10 hours ago, I was 2 on the upgrade list. They only cleared one, so I'm thinking it's either I was skipped, or they did solicit paid UGs first. (Flying solo no companion, should have been simple).

Related...if it's an AS goof, is there a recommended, polite way to request miles that is somewhat effective? I was debating shooting a quick, cordial email to Alaska Listens...,
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read the thread. Did you check for U space at/before/after check in?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DaveH
I am on RDU-SEA right now. Was puzzled why I did not clear (Gold 75K).

For several days, and through last night 10 hours before takeoff, there were 5 seats in FC available per the AS agent. She thought that they were holding them for paid UGs maybe...but isn't this counter to AS policy?
If they are holding them until the last minute for full-price sales, it is absolutely not counter to AS policy. "Maybe" is not a firm enough reason to think otherwise.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noob question: How do you check for U space?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Noob question: How do you check for U space?
If you don’t have an Experflyer subscription, just do a search for your flight and check any one of the ‘upgrade fare type’ buttons (i.e Gold upgrade, Gold Guest upgrade etc.). If the box with the F is solid blue with a white F, there is U space for the number of seats you searched for. So if you need 2 U seats, make sure you search for 2 pax. If the F box is a white background with a blue F, there is no U space.

The upgrade type doesn’t matter if you are just looking to see if there is U space. A U is a U, regardless of which method you use to upgrade. You just need to ensure you have bought the correct fare class for the method you plan to use to upgrade. But if you just want to know if U space is available, it makes no difference which box you check.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
If they are holding them until the last minute for full-price sales, it is absolutely not counter to AS policy. "Maybe" is not a firm enough reason to think otherwise.
Thank you Seattlenerd. So you're saying that AS's policy is they can hold back as many seats as they like for full-price or paid upgrade sales? There's no other rules governing this? Not objecting or being snarky at all, just making sure I understand accurately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.