Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Processor Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Well....another fun entry in the saga of what will the upgrade processor do today. I'm at about T36. More U space opened up at about 3am this morning. I called at 6am, rep was clueless, told me there was two people in front of me but couldn't figure out why the processor wasn't running. Called again at 930 as U space was still open. Rep immediately knew what I was talking about, made a comment about dousing it in water to wake it up, and then let me know that there was 2 people in front of me. Thats fine, lets just kick it so they get there upgrades and I can wait. She talks with a supervisor, they get things going, and then she goes...well thats odd, you got upgraded and they didn't. What seat would you like? We talked and she was just like I don't understand this temperamental upgrader anymore. So clearly it's something the frontline reps are becoming more aware of. I absolutely hate calling in, but it seems like once it hangs, it hangs. Time for the poor old box to be retired.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
If U was 1 and the two ahead were on the same reservation, the processor will skip them. The processor won't split cabins on the same reservation.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
New Upgrade Process on AS?

We (75k's) were both booked in coach T SAN-OMA this week. I was a little surprised not to be upgraded at the 5-day window. A couple of days later, I checked EF and found U3 was the count in the upgrade bucket, but no U/G occurred.

It wasn't until I checked in that an U/G was "offered", rather than automatic as in the past.

Has the process changed? I have not seen this method before.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:33 pm

More likely a stuck upgrade processor than a new process. Older thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-glitches.html
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
As far as I know, there hasn't been a policy change, but the automatic upgrade processor isn't in the best shape these days. I'm not sure how much of this is attributable to tech systems churn around the merger, or if that's just caused the priority of fixing it to slip.

There's been a fair amount of coverage of the phenomenon in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-glitches.html

I've found in the last few weeks, that calling during the window when you should be upgraded and there is U space, has usually resulted in a fairly painless move into U, though it can sometimes take the agent a few minutes.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
More likely a stuck upgrade processor than a new process. Older thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-glitches.html
Beat me to it! Fastest post in the West!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by CalanMan
Beat me to it! Fastest post in the West!
That's how you get the U upgrade these days.
CalanMan likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by CalanMan
I've found in the last few weeks, that calling during the window when you should be upgraded and there is U space, has usually resulted in a fairly painless move into U, though it can sometimes take the agent a few minutes.
Not a great way to treat your best customers. Don't mess up and fall into the Gold window, or you'll get your upgrade snagged. Of course, this is an old story...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Not a great way to treat your best customers. Don't mess up and fall into the Gold window, or you'll get your upgrade snagged. Of course, this is an old story...
Totally agree. Just figured the OP can find plenty of editorial on the topic in the other thread, so I refrained from adding my own.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bobblevins
We (75k's) were both booked in coach T SAN-OMA this week. I was a little surprised not to be upgraded at the 5-day window. A couple of days later, I checked EF and found U3 was the count in the upgrade bucket, but no U/G occurred.

It wasn't until I checked in that an U/G was "offered", rather than automatic as in the past.

Has the process changed? I have not seen this method before.
When you saw it in EF did you call AS and see if they could get it for you?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS 75k, IHG Diamond Ambassador/Kimpton Inner Circle, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Had problem today. Husband is MVP Gold 75k with an S fare, U opened up and upgrade didn't happen. Called and they escalated, said he was number one on upgrade list, and it should go through in 10 minutes. Logged in after 15 minutes, no upgrade, and now U bucket is closed back up. So frustrating - don't know what to do at this point except to keep checking...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I’d call back again to get an explanation on what happened. Maybe they’ll override the system.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k, IHG Diamond Ambassador/Kimpton Inner Circle, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Akck
I’d call back again to get an explanation on what happened. Maybe they’ll override the system.
Called back. They said they don't know why I was told he was first on list to be upgraded - that they don't have access to that information. Someone else was evidently upgraded. I told them I had spent nearly a hour between the two phone calls and was frustrated by the bad information (got bad info on a previous reservation re: pet and upgrades and took over an hour and two supervisors to resolve it), and they gave him a $50 voucher. Told me to keep checking for U to open back up and request to talk directly to supervisor to jumpstart and see if he upgrades. It is for SJC-SNA Thursday night, so not sure how many MVPG 75k are on that route...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Well thats a flat lie. The first line people everytime I've called have been able to tell me how many people were ahead of me and where I ranked. They usually need a sup to jumpstart the upgrade processor, but they definitely know, as well as the status.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rune87
Well thats a flat lie. The first line people everytime I've called have been able to tell me how many people were ahead of me and where I ranked. They usually need a sup to jumpstart the upgrade processor, but they definitely know, as well as the status.
It's potentially a lie (or misunderstanding) if it was said after OLCI opened and the waitlist is public. Not necessarily so before. It's been my understanding it's not always easy to ascertain exact position before the lists are merged at the time OLCI opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.