Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Processor Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Everytime I've called at T-72-ish the rep has been able to tell me that I'm x on the waiting list, or that there are 2 75k members in front, etc. It sounds like she was calling around T120-ish when no one else should have been able to take that U space except for a a GGU or Gold autoupgrade fare, but again...the priority should have been given to the 75k within the window. Might not have been upgraded all the time on Delta, but at least I knew the damn thing wasn't bipolar.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AS 75k, IHG Diamond Ambassador/Kimpton Inner Circle, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
It's potentially a lie (or misunderstanding) if it was said after OLCI opened and the waitlist is public. Not necessarily so before. It's been my understanding it's not always easy to ascertain exact position before the lists are merged at the time OLCI opens.
Just to clarify - he is an S fare, so if there is any U seat at any time after booking he qualifies for immediate upgrade. The flight is the evening of 4/5, so the 120 window has not opened - not sure if that makes a difference to what info they have access to, but wish they would not give me bad info either way. I just checked and another U seat has opened up, and no upgrade. Of course they are not open, so I just DM them on twitter.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AS 75k, IHG Diamond Ambassador/Kimpton Inner Circle, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by macs4us
Just to clarify - he is an S fare, so if there is any U seat at any time after booking he qualifies for immediate upgrade. The flight is the evening of 4/5, so the 120 window has not opened - not sure if that makes a difference to what info they have access to, but wish they would not give me bad info either way. I just checked and another U seat has opened up, and no upgrade. Of course they are not open, so I just DM them on twitter.
The Twitter DM did it - Maeghan upgraded him within 10 minutes of messaging. Now it gives me an error when trying to assign his seat, so hopefully she can fix that as well...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
It's T-36 for my flight. U-class showing available but I am gold and haven't been upgraded. Called Alaska and all I could get from the rep is "the website is wrong, there is no U-class." No way I could convince her to upgrade me. Now what? Twitter?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by sjbsf
It's T-36 for my flight. U-class showing available but I am gold and haven't been upgraded. Called Alaska and all I could get from the rep is "the website is wrong, there is no U-class." No way I could convince her to upgrade me. Now what? Twitter?
See Post #150 upthread for example of Alaska's website being wrong. You could HUACA with another agent or PM me your flight #/date/cities and I'll check it in ExpertFlyer.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Wasn't upgraded at T-120 window, seats were dropping as the days went on, but no way to tell if they were UG or just bought last minute. T-12 All F seats are gone ~5 were open at the T-120 window, call in since the UG list was not working on the app. Find out I am 13th on the list, which after 5 seats are taken, I find very hard to believe, not sure if this is just a UG glitch, but I am inclined to believe since the list won't even show.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I recently showed 4th on the APP and 13th on the Airport Gate TV for the same flight
Old May 17, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
I recently showed 4th on the APP and 13th on the Airport Gate TV for the same flight
I think it has been suggested that the airport TV shows both the PC and F waitlists intermixed among one another in an illogical way, whereas the app WL separates and sorts them logically. So your position on the F list probably was actually 4th.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I think it has been suggested that the airport TV shows both the PC and F waitlists intermixed among one another in an illogical way, whereas the app WL separates and sorts them logically. So your position on the F list probably was actually 4th.
Bottom line: The AS waitlist display is a mess. And probably a long way from getting better, based on what appear to be other internal IT priorities. I don't think taking it at face value is wise. Personally, I just hope for the best.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: HH Silver
I thought this was a strange one, anyone else had it happen? I am MVP. ONT-SEA 5/16 10:15am flight 537. When I purchased it and chose my seat, I chose 10F, it was called a refundable/elite status seat. A few days later I looked at it, and it had changed and showed me sitting in Premium class. Seats 10D and E were still showing as regular Elite status seats. Seat number 10F had a star next to it. Showed me as waitlisted for First, not for Premium. The day before the flight, I checked it off and on throughout the day, sometimes it showed me as in a Premium seat, sometimes it didn't. That was the seat I did end up keeping, as I never could pick a Premium seat that was not a middle one, I think other MVP's were probably upgraded at the appropriate time.

Just think it was kind of crappy that I was not ever on the upgrade waitlist for an Elite seat. It was no big deal, short flight and all, just wondering if choosing a seat in row 10 might not be a good idea in the future?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The issue of the upgrade processor delay (e.g., T-114 instead of T-120) has been escalated to senior management. Some real-life cases will be reviewed.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
The issue of the upgrade processor delay (e.g., T-114 instead of T-120) has been escalated to senior management. Some real-life cases will be reviewed.
It was T-109 for me. 11 hours for someone to purchase an eligible fare or use a GGU and enjoy the upgrade. IMHO, the upgrade processor should fire immediately after RM or the algorithm opens U inventory.

James
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I've never once got the upgrade at T-120 even with U space...there always seems to be a 3-5 hour lag....might be easier just to adjust the upgrade windows to reality like T-115.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
I purchased a Main ticket last week T-25 with U=7 (or greater as 11/12 seats on the seat map were open). I'm 100K and usually in this case, the processor will upgrade me to F nearly immediately. Didn't happen, and at T-24 checkin, I received an offer to purchase an UG. I remember several years ago, hearing about someone that had the same issue, but the "purchase price" was "complimentary." Not this time. A call into AS resulted in the CSR kicking in the upgrade. Glad the long wait times have ended, but not happy with the UG processor continuing to have major issues.

anteater likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS330 CLE-SEA 16 June

upgrade cleared ~T-22 hrs, auto-assigned 2D; seat map showed 4C and 4D also available (same situation this morning as I was on AS216 outbound)

approx T-45 the CLE GA called me to the podium to apologize for the fact that F had actually been booked full, so my UG was apparently issued in error

after some brief discussion he put me back in 6F (which I had selected at booking in Oct), and returned the person who had (been) upgraded into that seat back to their original Main Cabin seat

one of the last people to board was a uniformed AS pilot … who is presently sitting in 2D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.