Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Services VX - 10K Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:24 pm

Still no email, but went to the link page (still has blank under VX info), hit submit, and it said thank you for submitting your info, your accounts will be linked. So, not sure what that means
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Like many others, I received the email today and although AS assigned me a new MP account (despite all of my information - including birth date - being exactly the same on both), I chose the link based on my existing MP account to link my Elevate acct to it.

Everything in the link looked fine and it seemed to work fine. However, it provided my name and correct MP account number, but only my correct name for my Elevate account, but no number (it was blank). There was no way to add that number, so I just clicked Continue.

When it was done a 'Thank You' message came up about both accounts being linked.

It sounds like others have seen those miles post rather quickly. I did all of this earlier this morning, and still have not seen miles post. Don't know if this has happened to others, or if this is a different data point, but thought I'd ask since most of what I've read in here points to error messages, which I did not experience or receive. Thoughts?
UPDATE: I chose the wait-and-see approach and intended to follow up with someone tomorrow if the points didn't post. I checked just a few minutes ago and the 10k miles posted under the header of 'Special Services'. So the miles are posting just not always immediately as some had experienced.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I DMed them on Twitter, and they just responded asking me to check my account to see if they posted. And they just did!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Still no email, but went to the link page (still has blank under VX info), hit submit, and it said thank you for submitting your info, your accounts will be linked. So, not sure what that means
I just did this as well. Last night it gave me an error message, but it says "linked" today. I imagine it just tries to link to the VX account with the same email. Unfortunately, my VX and AS accounts have different emails AND the name is slightly different.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Mine finally showed up!

SPECIAL SERVICES
VIRGIN AMERICA ELEVATE 10K BONUS

Neil
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:02 pm

Does anyone know if the $100 cert can be used to purchase a ticket for someone else? Or is it tied to the specific Elevate account?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by missamo80
Mine finally showed up!

SPECIAL SERVICES
VIRGIN AMERICA ELEVATE 10K BONUS

Neil
Mine too. I don't know what actually did it.

At one point I took the link that was going around to those that auto matched and i selected the option about it bring the wrong account. That was at least a week ago.

Also today i logged into my account and went to the profile page where you can add FF number from various partners. I selected VX and added the number that way too. Not sure if that made a difference or just a coincidence.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:25 pm

There is one tweet that indicates this is only for people with VX activity in the past 18 months

Is that the case for everyone who got the 10k miles? I do not have activity in the past 18 months, which would explain no email/miles yet, but that is the first and only place I have seen this requirement
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The link in my email for linking a different (existing) account instead of the new one is

https://ifly.alaskaair.com/pub/cc?_ri_=<94 character hash>&ei_=<257 char hash>

My assumption is that those encoded parameters are supposed to provide the AS website my VX account info, but as mentioned the link page that this URL ultimately redirects to doesn't show my Elevate number.
I tried it again. Still didn't display my Elevate number, but this time no error and it said the account had been linked. Woohoo. Now waiting for the points ...

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
There is one tweet that indicates this is only for people with VX activity in the past 18 months https://twitter.com/AlaskaAir/status/819675131371024385

Is that the case for everyone who got the 10k miles? I do not have activity in the past 18 months, which would explain no email/miles yet, but that is the first and only place I have seen this requirement
I had activity within the last 18 months. There was an offer of 500 points for signing up for some hotel deals mailing list. Pretty sure it has been more than 18 months since my last VX flight (same for my wife)

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jan 12, 2017 at 7:28 pm Reason: iOS autocorrect fix
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

Further, the general lack of any tangible benefits on VX metal for AS FF's is inequitable and quite frankly inexcusable IMHO.

YMMV.
I would agree the benefits have been asymmetric favoring VX elites, but "lack of tangible benefits on VX metal for AS FFs"?

1. Priority check-in and boarding.
2. Free baggage.
3. Mileage accrual for award and status miles on VX flights.
4. Redemption of VX seats with AS miles including TONS of availability of VX first.
5. 10K Bonus if you had an Elevate account with a MP account.

All with less than 30 days of acquisition closing. Sounds pretty "tangible" to me.

Keep in mind the VX members will eventually lose their program altogether and are on borrowed time. If you really wanted VX status my guess is VX would be pretty accommodating on such a request (I admit this last one is speculation on my part). And again, all less than 30 days in.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I had no activity in my VX account going back to 2012. On Sunday I transferred 224 AmEx Membership Rewards points over to the VX account to get 200 points in there just in case some level of points were required. No idea if that helped in my case.

Neil
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
I would agree the benefits have been asymmetric favoring VX elites, but "lack of tangible benefits on VX metal for AS FFs"?

1. Priority check-in and boarding.
2. Free baggage.
3. Mileage accrual for award and status miles on VX flights.
4. Redemption of VX seats with AS miles including TONS of availability of VX first.
5. 10K Bonus if you had an Elevate account with a MP account.

All with less than 30 days of acquisition closing. Sounds pretty "tangible" to me.
Fine, the consensus is I'm being too hard on AS, but remember you can get benefits 1&2 from the VX credit cards (and frankly benefit 2 isn't inked anywhere in AS's ink - it's via secret handshake at check in supposedly and I'm sure there are some "letter of the law" agents out there who ain't having it), and items 3&4 have nothing to do with status, all AS FFs are getting those.

In my opinion we ought to have an inked deal for 2 free checked bags, 75K ought to board with the highest status VX elites, Gold with the next tier, and 75Ks and Golds ought to be getting MCS seats at least at check in if not in alignment with their comparable status tiers in the VX program.

In any case it is clear I am in the minority here, and that is fine. Just saying my 2c is all.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by missamo80
I had no activity in my VX account going back to 2012. On Sunday I transferred 224 AmEx Membership Rewards points over to the VX account to get 200 points in there just in case some level of points were required. No idea if that helped in my case.

Neil
I had 1 account for a family member that had 0 points, and never earned any points, although the account was opened less than 18 months ago. I did get the 10k AS points for it.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
I'm not assuming the current level of benefits and reciprocity is all we'll ever see on VX. Overall, if you compare this to the United/Continental merger or the American/US Airways merger, Alaska has delivered far more, far quickly. In the long run Virgin America and its program are likely going away, so any rough edges are only temporary (and Alaska has an opportunity to smooth them in the meantime, no guarantee they won't).
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
After completing the link accounts yesterday, I can no longer log in to my AS account as if it has been completely deleted...... I keep getting this message: "The sign-in information entered does not match our records. Please try again."

Anyone with this issue? What has happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.