Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Services VX - 10K Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:06 pm

Alaska said they are manually merging some accounts when there's a mismatch. I did get mine after a few days.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:50 am

No points or email for me yet. I'm MVP and had activity in my VX account as recently as last November (email signup).
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: Tinder Plus
Its been 2 days since I linked my account. still waiting for miles to be posted
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:41 am

I got the email a couple of days ago. Flown VX once (in 2015), and never even seen a AS plane, so I guess you MVP's get it soon. Miles haven't posted yet though.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by bartas8891
I'm going on day 5. Still no 10k bonus.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:48 am

I see the points today, dated back to Jan. 12, though I didn't see them there that day. Accounts were linked on Jan. 11.

I was afraid I'd confused things by proactively signing up for AS on the 9th (for a moment I thought it would behoove me to). Then on the 11th I got 2 messages: first one saying they had awarded me 10K miles (they hadn't) and then one welcoming me to Mileage Plan with the number I got on the 9th. That one had the 10K/$100 choice but it didn't work as I had already created an account; I had to use the "Already a Mileage Plan member?" link.

So those 40K SPG points I transferred to VX in June resulted in 75K AS points plus 75K B6 points and a lovely two days in Maine. Very nice.

Seth

Last edited by sethweinstein; Jan 15, 2017 at 11:50 am Reason: The 2 days in Maine weren't on a weekend
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by bartas8891
Same for me....
Thinking of other approaches that might work.
- opening new VX elevate account and waiting for welcome email.
-transferring a few AmEx points to VX account to show recent activity.
- adding VX Elevate # to AS mileage plan account under subscriptions( other programs)
- Trying wrong elevate number / AS link and requesting unlink and reset.
AS is making it hard for AS elites to love what is happening
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
Additional data point: I had a Virgin account with 250 miles in it from some random promo I signed up for. Never flown Virgin or Alaska. Received email from Alaska that I was now a Mileage Plan member and because I didn't have an account already with Alaska, but I had one with Virgin, they'd give me 10,000 free Mileage Plan miles or a $100 flight credit.

Not bad for never having flown either airline. I'll take it and see what Alaska is like. I lose my AA lounge access this year anyway so I'll be looking for a new carrier.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:41 pm

I don't have an VX account and got the 10K bonus miles in my AS account.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Got the 10k bonus last week and and was just comp'd AS MVP status (as notified by email). Wife got neither. This year is starting off right...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Just spoke to Alaska Mileage Plan customer service this morning.

There have been issues wherein people don't receive the email because the names do not match exactly on both the Mileage Plan and Elevate profiles.

You need to call Mileage Plan customer service and provide them your information. Then, the email should arrive, allowing you to get the 10,000 bonus miles.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by jcatman
Just spoke to Alaska Mileage Plan customer service this morning.

There have been issues wherein people don't receive the email because the names do not match exactly on both the Mileage Plan and Elevate profiles.

You need to call Mileage Plan customer service and provide them your information. Then, the email should arrive, allowing you to get the 10,000 bonus miles.
+1 Had a similar call today with AS - I think my VX account is missing the middle name and hence the mismatch

I have to say this guy was one the nicest airline customer service agents I ever spoken with - kind of reminded me of the old days. ^
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
My AS account has my middle name, but not my VX. Had to manually link my accounts after getting the email. 4 days on, nothing
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Not quite sure how to get my AS/VX accounts linked

- Name and DOB were identical but e-mail addresses were different in both accounts
- Never received an e-mail with link from VX
- Asked VX via Twitter to link my accounts - they said not possible
- Asked AS on the phone to link both accounts - they said they did
- In my AS profile / subscriptions / programs, my VX Elevate number was showing correctly
- On https://www.alaskaair.com/elevatemember/Link my AS details are showing correctly, but VX First and Last Name are empty. When I manually enter my Elevate number, it doesn't go through ("First Name is empty page can not be submitted")
- Tried https://www.alaskaair.com/ElevateMember/split and entered details for both programs manually (that was over a week ago)

Any other ideas what I can try?
-pilluelo
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I tried to link my accounts but the website gave me an error saying I had not entered data for my first and last name. There is no fields to enter this data.

At this point I don't care anymore and will not pursue the issue any further, it isn't worth the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.