Wiki Posts
Search

Special Services VX - 10K Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Read the bottom of the email

Already a Mileage Plan member?
No need to activate a new Mileage Plan account if you already have one. Just let us know your existing account number
You are correct. Unfortunately that link failed with some sort of unknown error when I logged into my Alaska account and attempted to link the 2 accounts. I assume they will fix it shortly.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:59 am
vgc

Originally Posted by LHG
But that was just for the 10,000 miles, not the upgraded status with them. That is way more valuable to me.
Yeah, the status is waaaaaay more valuable. 10k miles isn't even enough for someone to fly round trip anywhere!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vgc
10k miles isn't even enough for someone to fly round trip anywhere!
Yes it is - trips less than 700 miles https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:16 am

Alaska is sending a lot of confusing emails today.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:18 am
vgc

Originally Posted by mroseman13
Yes it is - trips less than 700 miles https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts
I stand corrected. I had forgotten about the new miles pricing.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
I created my account using the link, chose 10k bonus miles, and my account has 0 miles in it, so... seems a little buggy.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:46 am
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Originally Posted by missamo80
What was your status on VX?
no status, just a regular member. In fact had to top off my account with points transfer from credit card in order to redeem miles for my daughter to fly home for the winter break a few weeks ago.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:49 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,9MM), WN
I just got the Welcome e-mail a few minutes ago. I have an AS account w/ mostly E-miles activity, but also a couple Icelandair flights that I credited when they were in partnership. My VX account actually has flight activity, but I'm a lowly Red. I saw upthread that eventually all Elevate members will get 10k bonus, so why link? Also, what are everyone's thoughts on 10k vs. $100,-. I've always been a cash is king kind of guy, and AS is still crediting based on distance, no? Why not just use the credit towards flying and status (even if I were to credit to AA if selecting the $100,-)? I really don't know how to respond to any of this, and am looking for guidance.

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I had an Alaska account at one time, but it was so long ago that it probably expired.

I got the email today with a handy-dandy new number. It prefilled my new number and my name, and I typed out everything else. It told me that the request was not successful because the information matches an existing account. Fair enough.

I went into the username/pw recovery and typed in my info. I then got a message saying that the information does not match any existing account profiles.

Well, it is or it isn't. I'm confused. I'm going to sue them while picketing headquarters. And then I'm never gonna fly them again (although I haven't flown them in 15 years - nothing against the airline, which is awesome; i just live on the east coast). And then I'll write nasty things on Flyertalk. That'll learn 'em.

Mike
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
I just got the email:

Your Virgin America Elevate status is paying off on Alaska Airlines.
You now have upgraded membership as an MVP Gold 75K member. Alaska's highest level of elite status. Your new benefits start with your choice of 10,000 bonus miles or $100 off any Alaska-operated flight when you activate your account.
I was an MVP Gold but this email says that I'm now boosted to the top tier.

But... nothing indicates this on my account (still MVP Gold). I suppose that I have to wait a while more to see if my status eventually changes, but I'm not holding my breath. Would be nice to hit 75K though.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by LHG
no status, just a regular member. In fact had to top off my account with points transfer from credit card in order to redeem miles for my daughter to fly home for the winter break a few weeks ago.
Sounds like the email list was prepped before 1/1/17 so no status for you sorry.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I got the welcome email with a new account ('cept I am MVPG and both VX and AS accounts have the same email AND the same Trusted Traveler/TSA Pre√ ID in them, so whoops).

I linked up Elevate and my existing account, transferred into AS (wasn't going to use the ~2200 Elevate points, but I can use the ~2850 AS miles pretty soon), have gotten the 10k bonus. A nice boost towards a future CX or JL F award.

Oh, look, here we are on day three of the week mentioned in the FAQ, and the "starting January 9" mentioned in the FAQ in December. As far as I am concerned... no deadline blown and it worked out OK for me, if not ideally done (even though they didn't match my account correctly, it was easy to match it for them and transfer). YMMV.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Obviously they arent going in alphabetical order. Only email i have is a schedule change. Or an error like half the emails with the wrong status.

Just be happy you got one
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by uxb
I just got the Welcome e-mail a few minutes ago. I have an AS account w/ mostly E-miles activity, but also a couple Icelandair flights that I credited when they were in partnership. My VX account actually has flight activity, but I'm a lowly Red. I saw upthread that eventually all Elevate members will get 10k bonus, so why link? Also, what are everyone's thoughts on 10k vs. $100,-. I've always been a cash is king kind of guy, and AS is still crediting based on distance, no? Why not just use the credit towards flying and status (even if I were to credit to AA if selecting the $100,-)? I really don't know how to respond to any of this, and am looking for guidance.

Thanks.
I thought it says the $100 option is only for people who don't have an existing AS account. Otherwise existing AS Accounts will just get 10k
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:14 pm

I received the email earlier today. Have tried to link my accounts but received this error message each time, even after waiting a while and trying again:

We're experiencing a problem and didn't receive your information. Please resubmit it now. If the problem persists, we ask that you try again later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.