Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
See below in the expanded wiki for the list of the reconfigured aircraft.

December 3, 2015 Alaska announced a reconfiguration of its fleet.

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 42" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
Model Fleet count Current seats Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800 61 16/147 12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77 16/165 16/24/138

E175 15 12/64 12/12/52
The first reconfigured aircraft - N536AS - entered service 9/25/16.

List of reconfigured aircraft:

737-800

N506AS
N508AS
N512AS
N513AS
N514AS
N516AS
N517AS
N518AS
N519AS
N520AS
N523AS
N524AS
N525AS
N526AS
N527AS
N528AS
N529AS
N530AS
N532AS
N533AS
N534AS
N535AS
N536AS
N537AS
N538AS
N546AS
N548AS
N549AS
N551AS
N552AS
N553AS
N556AS
N557AS
N558AS
N559AS
N560AS
N562AS
N563AS
N564AS
N565AS
N568AS
N569AS
N570AS
N577AS
N579AS
N581AS
N583AS
N584AS
N585AS
N586AS
N587AS
N588AS
N589AS
N590AS
N592AS
N593AS
N594AS
N596AS
N597AS

Total: 59 / 61 (97% complete)

Last updated: 12/18

Previous thread discussing PE

You can find the scheduled tail number of your flight here:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/as123
(replace as123 with as[your flight num])
However aircraft swaps are frequent, even up to the last hour.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
You may be the first person to have flown in the new F configuration-----at least I cannot find anybody else commenting on flying in same. Did you happen to take any photos? thanks!
Was lucky to have two flights in new F cabin to date.

More space is all I noticed.

I must be a nightmare for marketing folks - but really - what else is there with this new change? Nothing really to see here, move along.

That sounds really un-appreciative from me on the eve of Thanksgiving

I love getting upgraded into this wonderful new product! ^ A BIG THANKS TO ASA!!!!!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by Valveman
Was lucky to have two flights in new F cabin to date.

More space is all I noticed.

I must be a nightmare for marketing folks - but really - what else is there with this new change? Nothing really to see here, move along.
I've flown it a couple of times on long haul. Always in row 1. The extra space is noticeable and the window passenger and get in and out without the aisle passenger having to get up.

I cannot tell if they increased recline. If they did, it was only a small amount. I don't know if it's enough the make the product better for sleeping on an overnight flight - the really ought to increase recline.

As far as I can tell they have not made any further soft product changes (improved food, pillows or blankets, headsets). Perhaps that will come with a big reveal when they have done the 739 fleet.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Checked my PDX-BOS next week and while the flight details still says 739, the seatmap has changed to 3 rows! In Row 2, so might finally have a chance to see how the new spacing feels! Still outside the upgrade windows and only Row 1 has unassigned seats.

Thinking about this some more, Row 2 used to be safe for getting first choice for meal selection. With only three rows, will it be down to which side of 2 the FA starts with?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Thinking about this some more, Row 2 used to be safe for getting first choice for meal selection. With only three rows, will it be down to which side of 2 the FA starts with?
Usually A/C side first. But not always...
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by seacarl
As far as I can tell they have not made any further soft product changes (improved food, pillows or blankets, headsets). Perhaps that will come with a big reveal when they have done the 739 fleet.
- Seats can be sold starting Nov 9th.
- Starting Jan 5th, 2017 re-configured planes will start enhanced service.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by BOB W
Starting Jan 5th, 2017 re-configured planes will start enhanced service
Is the enhanced service in Premium Economy? Or also enhanced in F?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Usually A/C side first. But not always...
on my last three TCONs, the FAs went F-D-C-A

AS2, SEA-DCA (Sat 19 Nov) most recent instance -- I was in 3A; 3D got the last chicken (although both my wife (3C) and I heard the FA do a sotto voce count and say "7, perfect" before taking our orders)

Italian sausage isn't high on my list of favorite accompaniments; this wasn't a problem in and of itself, but the FA said I would have to pay $8 for the coach meal -- Tom Douglas turkey, a completely acceptable substitute

moreover, SEA catering forgot to include the ramekins of nuts, the FA didn't provide hot towels before beverage service (strangely, she did so just prior to the captain's "prepare for landing" announcement during descent), and the entire supply of Hedge Trimmer gin was gone by the time she came around in the middle of dinner service to ask if we wanted another round of drinks

I fully understand why AS caters 8/8 entrees on a 16F jet, I know the "Availability of menu items may be limited" disclaimer is at the bottom of the FC menu card, and I've heard the "We apologize if your choice is no longer available when we reach your row" speech in coach many times on many airlines; nevertheless, I really don't think F passengers should EVER have to pay for ANY inflight food or beverage

that said, while I've seen a fair amount of FT grumbling about the "F passengers now have to pay for anything not on the F menu" policy change in the context of the fruit and cheese plate, I find that far less irritating since I suspect passengers are more likely to request fruit and cheese as an alternative to a full breakfast or lunch

neither my wife nor I really had a "North of Expected" AS First Class service experience ... I'd really like my two GGUs back
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Always ensure the FA's check the back carts for the 'other 4' minis catered in Y. I'm surprised the number of times I hear they are 'out' and then I remind them Under 50% but still not 0.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jrl767
neither my wife nor I really had a "North of Expected" AS First Class service experience ... I'd really like my two GGUs back
The choir will now sing the new AS jingle "Send A Note To Alaska Listens". Try that and they might do something for you. Of course, YMMV
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by BOB W
The choir will now sing the new AS jingle "Send A Note To Alaska Listens". Try that and they might do something for you. Of course, YMMV
Unless you've got $530M lying around with nothing better to do, sending feedback through Alaska Listens is about the only avenue for potential change.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I used the "Contact Us" Customer Care email link on the website and got a DL-like reply:

"... While I would like to be able to personally assist you with this matter, unfortunately, I am unable to do so. However, I am happy to refer you to the correct department. The MVP Gold reservations office may be reached at 1-888-345-3640."

stay tuned ...

Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
This week, I had my first trip on a reconfigured 738 (SAN to Hawaii). Husband and I sat in the F bulkhead. The extra room was noticeable, and it seemed the FA was not as rushed to complete service. Very nice experience overall. Not a dramatic departure from the old product, but the extra leg room was appreciated on a six hour flight.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador

I bet a brief conversation with the right agent in customer care would get em both back for you
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Count me in the certain minority who doesn't believe displeasure with the meal choices (and application of the known BoB policy for F) is grounds for the return of two GGUs.

Comment on your experience, complain about charging F for BoB and tell AS to provision more gin, and you'll probably be remedied...reasonably. YMMV.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
on my last three TCONs, the FAs went F-D-C-A

AS2, SEA-DCA (Sat 19 Nov) most recent instance -- I was in 3A; 3D got the last chicken (although both my wife (3C) and I heard the FA do a sotto voce count and say "7, perfect" before taking our orders)

Italian sausage isn't high on my list of favorite accompaniments; this wasn't a problem in and of itself, but the FA said I would have to pay $8 for the coach meal -- Tom Douglas turkey, a completely acceptable substitute

moreover, SEA catering forgot to include the ramekins of nuts, the FA didn't provide hot towels before beverage service (strangely, she did so just prior to the captain's "prepare for landing" announcement during descent), and the entire supply of Hedge Trimmer gin was gone by the time she came around in the middle of dinner service to ask if we wanted another round of drinks

I fully understand why AS caters 8/8 entrees on a 16F jet, I know the "Availability of menu items may be limited" disclaimer is at the bottom of the FC menu card, and I've heard the "We apologize if your choice is no longer available when we reach your row" speech in coach many times on many airlines; nevertheless, I really don't think F passengers should EVER have to pay for ANY inflight food or beverage

that said, while I've seen a fair amount of FT grumbling about the "F passengers now have to pay for anything not on the F menu" policy change in the context of the fruit and cheese plate, I find that far less irritating since I suspect passengers are more likely to request fruit and cheese as an alternative to a full breakfast or lunch

because you didn't get your entree? Seriously? this is one hard upgrade to get, I would be delighted to be sitting in the front and only have to wait for every third person from coach to use the forward lav.

I have yet to pay for a fruit and cheese plate when I've refused the entree, but maybe it is because there is only one of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.