FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1792813-consolidated-73h-reconfigured-f-pe-y-12-30-117-thread-theyre-out-there.html)

SOCguy Sep 24, 2016 8:32 am

Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Originally Posted by prkzoom (Post 27253263)
Anyone heard if the Alaska Airlines Visa companion certificate will be allowed for premium economy seats?

Originally Posted by pcoll (Post 27253400)
Excellent question.
Did not even think of this as part of the new roll out.

I think it depends on whether this will be a buy-up product or a separate fare class. If it's the former then I don't see why not (you could be in Y on a companion fare and both travelers do a paid upgrade). If it's the latter, that remains to be seen. I don't know that it's been clear which way this is going.

Looks like flight 727 RDU-SEA this afternoon will be the first flight with the new configuration. For those keeping score, that's tail 536.

PDXPremier Sep 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy (Post 27256828)
I think it depends on whether this will be a buy-up product or a separate fare class. If it's the former then I don't see why not (you could be in Y on a companion fare and both travelers do a paid upgrade). If it's the latter, that remains to be seen. I don't know that it's been clear which way this is going.

Looks like flight 727 RDU-SEA this afternoon will be the first flight with the new configuration. For those keeping score, that's tail 536.

Cool....whoever flies on one of the new configuration aircraft needs to post photos! Was it ferried to RDU?

beckoa Sep 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 27257603)
Cool....whoever flies on one of the new configuration aircraft needs to post photos! Was it ferried to RDU?

Its close to where the work is being done :cool:

SEA-GSO
GSO-RDU
And the next rotation is already underway it seems:

SEA-GSO
RDU-GSO

SOCguy Sep 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 27257603)

Yep - a/c doing SEA-RDU today will ferry to GSO after arrival and the newly configured a/c will ferry GSO-RDU to make up the return trip.

sltlyamusd Sep 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Does anyone know if the F seats are being modified in any way (like better recline or legrests), or if it will just be the same seats with five inches more legroom?

beckoa Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd (Post 27258104)
Does anyone know if the F seats are being modified in any way (like better recline or legrests), or if it will just be the same seats with five inches more legroom?

Same seats from what I've heard.

niele Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 27258503)
Same seats from what I've heard.

Shucks, would have been nice to have leg rests on 5 to 6 hour flights. ;)

rustykettel Sep 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by niele (Post 27258560)
Shucks, would have been nice to have leg rests on 5 to 6 hour flights. ;)

Leg rests and foot rests are nice but I like being able to bend my leg back under the seat slightly or stretch my legs out in front too!

beaver Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Has anyone been on one of these aircraft yet?

I just booked an award flight in coach for Oct 7, and the seat map was showing an -800 w/ 12 F. Exit row was open, but I was temped to try row 8. 6/7 are occupied. Do I take one for the FT team and possibly report on the new seats? Or stick with the exit row? :)

dmodemd Sep 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 27257808)
And the next rotation is already underway it seems:

SEA-GSO
RDU-GSO

The 2nd one is a 737-900. So were they planning to get all 737-800s done by EOY but they are also doing some 900s?
...and why ferry from SEA-GSO without using it for a SEA-RDU rev flight?

northwesterner Sep 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by beaver (Post 27262290)
Has anyone been on one of these aircraft yet?

I just booked an award flight in coach for Oct 7, and the seat map was showing an -800 w/ 12 F. Exit row was open, but I was temped to try row 8. 6/7 are occupied. Do I take one for the FT team and possibly report on the new seats? Or stick with the exit row? :)

All my seatmaps on a 738 now show 12F. Assume they're just blocking the last row of F so the planes can be used interchangeably.

tusphotog Sep 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 27262510)

They need to have an aircraft to come out of RDU.

FWIW, when I was in Greensboro last year, I saw two AS planes leave within an hour of each other. One went to Florida somewhere, the other went back to SEA. Seems odd seeing Chester floating around that airport.

Putzy Sep 26, 2016 2:21 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 27262510)
The 2nd one is a 737-900. So were they planning to get all 737-800s done by EOY but they are also doing some 900s?

The -900 that went to GSO is there for heavy maintenance. Currently there are two -800's undergoing the seat mod.

beckoa Sep 26, 2016 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Putzy (Post 27263840)
The -900 that went to GSO is there for heavy maintenance. Currently there are two -800's undergoing the seat mod.

Figures ;)

Guess there isn't a quick n' easy way to tell them apart, aside from 800's getting the mod first (if that's the case).

dmodemd Sep 26, 2016 7:52 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 27263540)
They need to have an aircraft to come out of RDU.

Use one coming out of re-config?.... but this would require having a gap between work or having an extra plane in the mod queue, but it sounds like they have at least 2 there for this purpose at any one time. There would be a risk that a plane is not available if the work is held up...