Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 17, 17, 4:58 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Seat 2A
Wiki Link
See below in the expanded wiki for the list of the reconfigured aircraft.

December 3, 2015 Alaska announced a reconfiguration of its fleet.

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 42" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.


Code:
Model Fleet count Current seats Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)
 
 737-800 61 16/147 12/30/117
 
 737-900/900ER 77 16/165 16/24/138
 
 E175 15 12/64 12/12/52
The first reconfigured aircraft - N536AS - entered service 9/25/16.

List of reconfigured aircraft:

737-800

N506AS
N508AS
N512AS
N513AS
N514AS
N516AS
N517AS
N518AS
N519AS
N520AS
N523AS
N524AS
N525AS
N526AS
N527AS
N528AS
N529AS
N530AS
N532AS
N533AS
N534AS
N535AS
N536AS
N537AS
N538AS
N546AS
N548AS
N549AS
N551AS
N552AS
N553AS
N556AS
N557AS
N558AS
N559AS
N560AS
N562AS
N563AS
N564AS
N565AS
N568AS
N569AS
N570AS
N577AS
N579AS
N581AS
N583AS
N584AS
N585AS
N586AS
N587AS
N588AS
N589AS
N590AS
N592AS
N593AS
N594AS
N596AS
N597AS

Total: 59 / 61 (97% complete)



Last updated: 12/18

Previous thread discussing PE

You can find the scheduled tail number of your flight here:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/as123
(replace as123 with as[your flight num])
However aircraft swaps are frequent, even up to the last hour.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 24, 16, 9:32 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 276
Arrow Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Originally Posted by prkzoom View Post
Anyone heard if the Alaska Airlines Visa companion certificate will be allowed for premium economy seats?
Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
Excellent question.
Did not even think of this as part of the new roll out.
I think it depends on whether this will be a buy-up product or a separate fare class. If it's the former then I don't see why not (you could be in Y on a companion fare and both travelers do a paid upgrade). If it's the latter, that remains to be seen. I don't know that it's been clear which way this is going.

Looks like flight 727 RDU-SEA this afternoon will be the first flight with the new configuration. For those keeping score, that's tail 536.
SOCguy is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 1:13 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,278
Originally Posted by SOCguy View Post
I think it depends on whether this will be a buy-up product or a separate fare class. If it's the former then I don't see why not (you could be in Y on a companion fare and both travelers do a paid upgrade). If it's the latter, that remains to be seen. I don't know that it's been clear which way this is going.

Looks like flight 727 RDU-SEA this afternoon will be the first flight with the new configuration. For those keeping score, that's tail 536.
Cool....whoever flies on one of the new configuration aircraft needs to post photos! Was it ferried to RDU?
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 2:15 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,905
Arrow Consolidated 73H reconfigured F/PE/Y 12/30/117 Thread [They're out there!]

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Cool....whoever flies on one of the new configuration aircraft needs to post photos! Was it ferried to RDU?
Its close to where the work is being done

SEA-GSO
GSO-RDU
And the next rotation is already underway it seems:

SEA-GSO
RDU-GSO
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 2:41 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Cool....whoever flies on one of the new configuration aircraft needs to post photos! Was it ferried to RDU?
Yep - a/c doing SEA-RDU today will ferry to GSO after arrival and the newly configured a/c will ferry GSO-RDU to make up the return trip.
SOCguy is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 3:36 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SFO, mostly
Posts: 1,922
Does anyone know if the F seats are being modified in any way (like better recline or legrests), or if it will just be the same seats with five inches more legroom?
sltlyamusd is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 5:21 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,905
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
Does anyone know if the F seats are being modified in any way (like better recline or legrests), or if it will just be the same seats with five inches more legroom?
Same seats from what I've heard.
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 5:40 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hnl
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Same seats from what I've heard.
Shucks, would have been nice to have leg rests on 5 to 6 hour flights.
niele is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 7:07 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG
Programs: BonVoy Pt, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 5,033
Originally Posted by niele View Post
Shucks, would have been nice to have leg rests on 5 to 6 hour flights.
Leg rests and foot rests are nice but I like being able to bend my leg back under the seat slightly or stretch my legs out in front too!
rustykettel is offline  
Old Sep 25, 16, 5:06 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 406
Has anyone been on one of these aircraft yet?

I just booked an award flight in coach for Oct 7, and the seat map was showing an -800 w/ 12 F. Exit row was open, but I was temped to try row 8. 6/7 are occupied. Do I take one for the FT team and possibly report on the new seats? Or stick with the exit row?
beaver is offline  
Old Sep 25, 16, 6:32 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kirkland, WA
Programs: AS 75K,AA Plat, UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glb, Accors Plt, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Posts: 3,657
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
And the next rotation is already underway it seems:

SEA-GSO
RDU-GSO
The 2nd one is a 737-900. So were they planning to get all 737-800s done by EOY but they are also doing some 900s?
...and why ferry from SEA-GSO without using it for a SEA-RDU rev flight?
dmodemd is offline  
Old Sep 25, 16, 7:08 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BUR/LAX
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 233
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
Has anyone been on one of these aircraft yet?

I just booked an award flight in coach for Oct 7, and the seat map was showing an -800 w/ 12 F. Exit row was open, but I was temped to try row 8. 6/7 are occupied. Do I take one for the FT team and possibly report on the new seats? Or stick with the exit row?
All my seatmaps on a 738 now show 12F. Assume they're just blocking the last row of F so the planes can be used interchangeably.
northwesterner is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 12:56 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TUS/PDX
Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Posts: 5,798
Originally Posted by dmodemd View Post
...and why ferry from SEA-GSO without using it for a SEA-RDU rev flight?
They need to have an aircraft to come out of RDU.

FWIW, when I was in Greensboro last year, I saw two AS planes leave within an hour of each other. One went to Florida somewhere, the other went back to SEA. Seems odd seeing Chester floating around that airport.
tusphotog is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 3:21 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SEA
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by dmodemd View Post
The 2nd one is a 737-900. So were they planning to get all 737-800s done by EOY but they are also doing some 900s?
...and why ferry from SEA-GSO without using it for a SEA-RDU rev flight?
The -900 that went to GSO is there for heavy maintenance. Currently there are two -800's undergoing the seat mod.
Putzy is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 8:20 am
  #14  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,905
Originally Posted by Putzy View Post
The -900 that went to GSO is there for heavy maintenance. Currently there are two -800's undergoing the seat mod.
Figures

Guess there isn't a quick n' easy way to tell them apart, aside from 800's getting the mod first (if that's the case).
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 8:52 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kirkland, WA
Programs: AS 75K,AA Plat, UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glb, Accors Plt, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Posts: 3,657
Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
They need to have an aircraft to come out of RDU.
Use one coming out of re-config?.... but this would require having a gap between work or having an extra plane in the mod queue, but it sounds like they have at least 2 there for this purpose at any one time. There would be a risk that a plane is not available if the work is held up...
dmodemd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: