Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles. Note that Alaska Airlines cannot book EK F any longer- it's just J or Y. F awards were ceased on 3/31/2021.

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.
Only AS and EK can be used for the award.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK, EWR)
Washington DC (IAD)
Fort Lauderdale
Orlando

Canada
Toronto

Mexico
Mexico City (via Barcelona)

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia
Note: EK flies DXB-HKG-BKK but otherwise it is DXB-final stop

Europe
Note: EK flies JFK-MXP-DXB and EWR-ATH-DXB but otherwise routing will be via DXB

*If region is not listed on chart it's not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Thx for the DP. I'm landing in DXB on Saturday on an AS F award, so definitely going to try to get a car to my hotel since it seems YMMV. Even if I can't it's a $6-7 cab to my hotel. Actually, if DXB is only a connection, are you able to get a driver in DXB? Since I'm continuing onto MXP the next day.

I haven't looked forward to 14 hours on a plane this much since my first CX F flight earlier this year
F on Emirates is truly fantastic. On an award ticket, you don't get the car to your hotel unless somebody who doesn't know any better books it for you---50-50 odds. We just had a 15 hour layover in Dubai and opted for the airside Dubai International Hotel option---they met us at the plane and walked us to reception and our room. And then we hung out in the F class lounge for drinks/dinner/drinks and went back to our room for sleep. Had a lovely breakfast in the F class lounge and boarded our flight from the lounge. A very nice experience. No matter how you do it, this will be fun. Enjoy!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
F on Emirates is truly fantastic. On an award ticket, you don't get the car to your hotel unless somebody who doesn't know any better books it for you---50-50 odds. We just had a 15 hour layover in Dubai and opted for the airside Dubai International Hotel option---they met us at the plane and walked us to reception and our room. And then we hung out in the F class lounge for drinks/dinner/drinks and went back to our room for sleep. Had a lovely breakfast in the F class lounge and boarded our flight from the lounge. A very nice experience. No matter how you do it, this will be fun. Enjoy!
Have a trip coming up to Tanzania. J on the 380 there and F on the way back. Booked via Alaska while the points were still reasonable. Can't wait.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:20 pm

Any recent experiences with lounge access at JFK on F award ? Are they able to print lounge access on the BP for onward leg from DXB.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:51 am

I flew on AS award in EK F from JFK.. No problem with lounge access. Do not know about boarding pass question however....
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RTW4
I flew on AS award in EK F from JFK.. No problem with lounge access. Do not know about boarding pass question however....
just got back myself and no issues at all. I have an EK ff account as well and what I have found if you check in online but go to the FC check in counter they will issue you a hard pass with lounge access printed art bottom
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Seeing EK awards to SYD coming up at 225k/person but with a direct 1-stop.

Haven't seen this before or seen this reported.

Not that anyone in their right mind should go for 225k/person even if it is EK F - especially when CX F/J and QF F can be had for far less (availability dependent of course). Especially since most of these I'm seeing are in J for one of the two legs (either JFK - DXB or DXB - SYD).

Last edited by Duke787; Dec 8, 2016 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Given how hard it is to find any premium cabin tickets to Aus/NZ, that's still good news if it's not a temporary glitch.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kieron
Given how hard it is to find any premium cabin tickets to Aus/NZ, that's still good news if it's not a temporary glitch.
I think you'll see more traffic is down
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Seeing EK awards to SYD coming up at 225k/person but with a direct 1-stop (none of the old shenanigans).

Haven't seen this before or seen this reported. Don't see it listed in the award chart but doesn't appear to be like the manipulation that could be done in the past - especially since it prices at a new pricing level for EK I haven't seen before (and much higher than any other partner to Australia).

Not that anyone in their right mind should go for 225k/person even if it is EK F - especially when CX F/J and QF F can be had for far less (availability dependent of course). Especially since most of these I'm seeing are in J for one of the two legs (either JFK - DXB or DXB - SYD).
Maybe just the website is ahead of the a new award chart.

Last edited by Madone59; Dec 8, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Shena??????? What is this Delta???????
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Duke787
QF F can be had for far less (availability dependent of course)
LOLOLOLOL

If you find QF F to Australia, go buy some lotto tickets too, while you're at it. It does happen, but it's as rare as hen's teeth.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
LOLOLOLOL

If you find QF F to Australia, go buy some lotto tickets too, while you're at it. It does happen, but it's as rare as hen's teeth.

A few days ago I successfully booked a roundtrip AS mileage ticket to Australia in Qantas first class. A couple of years ago I also used miles for a RT first class QF ticket.

It sounds like I should go buy some lotto tickets ...
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:51 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Madone59
Maybe just the website is ahead of the a new award chart
This.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I guess you all were right. Sorry just that stealth improvements are lottery winning eligible changes
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
A few days ago I successfully booked a roundtrip AS mileage ticket to Australia in Qantas first class. A couple of years ago I also used miles for a RT first class QF ticket.

It sounds like I should go buy some lotto tickets ...
Nice work! Did the availability pop up on Expertflyer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.