Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles. Note that Alaska Airlines cannot book EK F any longer- it's just J or Y. F awards were ceased on 3/31/2021.

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.
Only AS and EK can be used for the award.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK, EWR)
Washington DC (IAD)
Fort Lauderdale
Orlando

Canada
Toronto

Mexico
Mexico City (via Barcelona)

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia
Note: EK flies DXB-HKG-BKK but otherwise it is DXB-final stop

Europe
Note: EK flies JFK-MXP-DXB and EWR-ATH-DXB but otherwise routing will be via DXB

*If region is not listed on chart it's not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Have you flown EK before ? where are you sitting ?
I've flown 10 segments in F on EK since November 2013. Including this upcoming trip will bring the tally up to 14 segments.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I've flown 10 segments in F on EK since November 2013. Including this upcoming trip will bring the tally up to 14 segments.
Thats about mine from 2012 We use EK mostly for Africa trips. however this year we are using EK to return to the west coast from Paris. There is one that works well.

Next year we are planning another African trip and a another two day stay over in Dubai. Not a bad place to visit short visits occasionally . Good to see where our gas pump money goes

We love the Hyatt's in Dubai and the "Park" is great
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:10 pm

Just a datapoint, I flew first class LAX to DXB tonight and was able to get car service to the grand hyatt dubai. Seems it's worth a shot as it depends on the CS staff.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Booking problems

Is anyone having a problem tonight booking EK Awards? The website is unable to confirm the reservation and I called reservations and they are unable to confirm the space on their end
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Just a datapoint, I flew first class LAX to DXB tonight and was able to get car service to the grand hyatt dubai. Seems it's worth a shot as it depends on the CS staff.
When i tried i thought i was lucky then after a few min of the guy looking around at the screens he told me i cant get a car on an award ticket.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Is anyone having a problem tonight booking EK Awards? The website is unable to confirm the reservation and I called reservations and they are unable to confirm the space on their end
just made some for 25 days from now and no problems within 10 after leaving AS site and going onto Ek site reservation was there and made seat assignments
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:07 am

Also made CPT-DXB-JFK in first on EK through AS website for JAN 2017.. No problems...
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum 7+ million miles
Originally Posted by RTW4
Also made CPT-DXB-JFK in first on EK through AS website for JAN 2017.. No problems...
For 200,000 miles one way, I'm not surprised.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by randapex
For 200,000 miles one way, I'm not surprised.
Especially with how cheap some of the ex Africa paid premium cabin fares can be.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
What dates? I'm on CPT-DXB 1/22
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:09 pm

CPT-DXB on Jan 29.. one week too late
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Thx for the DP. I'm landing in DXB on Saturday on an AS F award, so definitely going to try to get a car to my hotel since it seems YMMV. Even if I can't it's a $6-7 cab to my hotel. Actually, if DXB is only a connection, are you able to get a driver in DXB? Since I'm continuing onto MXP the next day.

I haven't looked forward to 14 hours on a plane this much since my first CX F flight earlier this year

Last edited by krazykanuck; Nov 16, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:07 am

EK is also adding flights to SA which should also make it easier to book. For those that sneaker at the "high price " of the awards there are many of us who fly a lot and enjoy SA. Capetown is one of the best places to visit in the world.

We are looking forward to our next EK flights in a week
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Question

Hi All,

So after many years, I decided to finally bite the bullet and booked an award ticket on EK for myself and my fiancée on our way back after getting married in Italy this January. I routinely fly their J product for work between the States and India and I was worried about the possibility of devaluations coming up due to VX merger so I bit the bullet since I had so much mileage banked up.

Also, it seemed like a nice thing to do since we've decided to postpone our honeymoon due to both of us having client-work commitments... And... It's almost the dead of winter.

This is what I ended up booking as an award:

Seemed like a good deal, relatively speaking, from an EK-award post-devaluation perspective. Luckily, I found availability on the dates I needed and just spending one day in DXB to goof-off on the way back to the States.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kermee
Hi All,

So after many years, I decided to finally bite the bullet and booked an award ticket on EK for myself and my fiancée on our way back after getting married in Italy this January. I routinely fly their J product for work between the States and India and I was worried about the possibility of devaluations coming up due to VX merger so I bit the bullet since I had so much mileage banked up.

Also, it seemed like a nice thing to do since we've decided to postpone our honeymoon due to both of us having client-work commitments... And... It's almost the dead of winter.

This is what I ended up booking as an award:

Seemed like a good deal, relatively speaking, from an EK-award post-devaluation perspective. Luckily, I found availability on the dates I needed and just spending one day in DXB to goof-off on the way back to the States.

Cheers,
Kermee
it is for me!

Congratulations to both of you. Enjoy those flights I am off next week on my 6th trip on EK, some paid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.